Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 8/8-8/12
Topic Started: Aug 7 2011, 07:55 PM (12,645 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Weekly Discussion

August 8-12

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I miss Steve and Kayla so much,their love story was amazing. I don`t so much care for Kayla but I really miss Steve. I liked him better than Ej and that is a first :P

So much memories for them :(

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Ahh....Steve and Kayla.....man Days screwed up not giving them a good story when they got them back...so many possibilities....such potential.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Aww, lysie. I love it when you give me S&K clips. :)

I love that patch removal clip. It's so early in their "relationship" but it sets up so many themes that will carry all the way through: Steve's instinctive resistence to letting anyone help him; Kayla's determination to break through that resistence; the emotion and insecurites Steve has about the patch; the fact that Kayla doesn't care about it and, in a lot of ways, doesn't even see it; the underlying connection the characters have; the wonderful chemistry the actors share; the physicality SN brings to the role; the complimentary stillness the MBE uses to balance it.

I miss them.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 7 2011, 09:52 PM

I love that patch removal clip. It's so early in their "relationship" but it sets up so many themes that will carry all the way through: Steve's instinctive resistence to letting anyone help him; Kayla's determination to break through that resistence; the emotion and insecurites Steve has about the patch; the fact that Kayla doesn't care about it and, in a lot of ways, doesn't even see it; the underlying connection the characters have; the wonderful chemistry the actors share; the physicality SN brings to the role; the complimentary stillness the MBE uses to balance it.

I miss them.
Very well put, esp.

Steve & Kayla embody what Days was for me & why I can't totally let go. I know that at one time this show & these characters had me on the edge of my seat, unwilling to miss a day, & reduced to tears (not from disgust or boredom).

There is a small part of me still holding out hope that we could have this again.

Good call, Lysie.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ITA, Patch & Kayla were the couple that made me check out DAYS. Their whole story sucked me in, then the rest of the stories around that time also made me record the shows. I would die if my VCR ate the tape and couldn't watch the show! I even showed my non-tech mom how to press the buttons on the VCR so that she made sure DAYS taped 12 noon (then it moved to 1pm.)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I would love to see Barnacle Bill again :-)

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Other than Melanie blaming Victor, I can honestly say I enjoyed today's episode. And must add that I wish the show would have kept Carly (Crystal Chappell) on canvas and went ahead with this Quinn story, while bringing on Nicholas permanently. I do believe Vivian should have been written out, but Carly, with Nicholas, could have easily stayed healthily on canvas.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 8 2011, 11:14 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

The President is having a news conference today at 1 so that may interfere with the show today.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SassyLady
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 7 2011, 09:52 PM

I miss them.
The patch removal scene was one of the most beautiful and profound scenes I have ever seen on anything. The vulnerabilty of Steve when his "flaw" was exposed-and Kayla didn't even flinch.... :wub: This era will always be "My DOOL".

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Aug 8 2011, 11:13 AM
The President is having a news conference today at 1 so that may interfere with the show today.
No biggie...you won't be missing much.

At this point they could pre-empt the entire month of August and I still wouldn't give a shit.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Aug 7 2011, 07:59 PM
I miss Steve and Kayla so much,their love story was amazing. I don`t so much care for Kayla but I really miss Steve. I liked him better than Ej and that is a first :P

So much memories for them :(
You should watch him on Y&R; he has a great role and doing an amazing job! I hope he stays there where he is wanted! I like ANYONE better the Elvis!

Didn’t watch the show again today just another Elvis hour…and for Maggie getting shot it just proves that the Dimera’s will get away with another crime. Nothing new or exciting about that! BORING!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 8 2011, 01:07 PM
talbab1994
Aug 8 2011, 11:13 AM
No biggie...you won't be missing much.

At this point they could pre-empt the entire month of August and I still wouldn't give a shit.
Yep. Today's show was awful, IMO. Can't stand the way they have Melanie acting, Taylor and Nicole scenes-- UGH, and EJ saying again he has changed and has learned to control himself-- it was all ridiculous. They didn't even make any attempt to make the hospital scenes with Maggie the least big realisitic- -how about an IV, some tubes,etc. Ridiculous.

SaveDaysNow

I can't take it anymore. TAYHO is HIDEOUS. Her bony shoulders with her baggy buggy eyes telling Nicole how NICOLE feels about BRADY and how BRADY loves Nicole?? STFU you skanky ho!!! Nicole should punch you in the mouth and knock those teeth out for even getting her business again. I can't take a month of this santimonious skank!!! Not even Tayho leaving the show will appease me. All I want for this character is to see her dead. And watch it on screen so she's really truly sincerely dead. :flipoff:

Deleted User
Deleted User

lovinsafe
Aug 8 2011, 03:12 PM
You should watch him on Y&R; he has a great role and doing an amazing job! I hope he stays there where he is wanted! I like ANYONE better the Elvis!

Didn’t watch the show again today just another Elvis hour…and for Maggie getting shot it just proves that the Dimera’s will get away with another crime. Nothing new or exciting about that! BORING!
Kind of like everyone else. :eyeroll:

And I was so considering watching Days, but I swear everytime I turned the channel to watch the show it showed Tayho. Why is she on every freakin day? :soapbox:
Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

WORD about TayHo (hee!). She needs to be gone, ASAP. I hope the rewrites include NO TAYLOR on my screen. She ruins Nicole scenes for me. I'd much rather watch Nicole in scenes with EJ. Nicole and EJ make me watch. Nicole with her annoying sister Taylor make me want to throw something at the tv.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

If the show stages some type of disaster like a twister on Sept. 26th, I'm hoping that it claims Taylor as it's first victim. And I don't want any of this 'back from the dead' crap either down the road. I want this character GONE.
Like forever.

SaveDaysNow

AFaithL
Aug 8 2011, 03:36 PM
WORD about TayHo (hee!). She needs to be gone, ASAP. I hope the rewrites include NO TAYLOR on my screen. She ruins Nicole scenes for me. I'd much rather watch Nicole in scenes with EJ. Nicole and EJ make me watch. Nicole with her annoying sister Taylor make me want to throw something at the tv.
I absolutely hate TAYHO and NICOLE scenes. They lobotomize Nicole when she's in scenes with her skanky sister. No way is the real Nicole that nice and understanding to a backstabber like that---and NO WAY would anyone, yet alone Nicole, take the blame for Tayho spreading her legs for EJ. WTF?? Nicole is the smartest woman on this show, but they make her collosally stupid when she's with Taylor. Perhaps that's the only way to make the audience realize they are sisters. . .to show how stupid they both are together.

Panda

AFaithL
Aug 8 2011, 03:36 PM
When she was all about stealing Nicole's husband, she was trying to convince Brady to get back together with Nicole. When Nicole first brought up she and Brady leaving town, Taylor was against it, which was right after she made a play for him. Now all of a sudden, she's trying to get them back together again. I'm really sick of her acting like a whore, Nicole getting pissed at her behavior as she should, her acting like Nicole has no right to be mad at her and being a major bitch and Nicole forgiving her right away. I hope her story with Quinn keeps her stuck in his orbit until she gets the fuck off the screen. I'm sick of EJ, Nicole, Lexie and Brady kissing her worthless ass.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lazydazes
Aug 8 2011, 04:03 PM
If the show stages some type of disaster like a twister on Sept. 26th, I'm hoping that it claims Taylor as it's first victim. And I don't want any of this 'back from the dead' crap either down the road. I want this character GONE.
Like forever.
Couldn't agree with you more. This is one character that should NEVER make another reappearance. I've had enough of her to last a lifetime.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply