Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 8/8-8/12
Topic Started: Aug 7 2011, 07:55 PM (12,607 Views)
Marlene

Keith
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8599323&t=8557412
jocelynel3
Aug 12 2011, 12:30 PM
Well Rafe did tell Johnny today that he wasn't his "real" father today, and that he wasn't competing with EJ.

Finally it's been addressed.

Then Sami went on to tell him how sexy he was when he said 'our' kids.

I had a big issue with him telling Johnny he's not competing with EJ as a father figure and then going on to call Sami's kids OUR kids again. Its such a wishy washy statement.

I have to admit to listening, not completely watching this afternoon. It was important for Rafe to state that he's not Johnny's real father and that he's not competing with EJ. (I watched that part.) Then I stopped "watching" but my head went up when Sami said, "Our kids." Did Rafe actually say "our kids" today? If he did and said that only in the presence of Same, then I really don't have a problem with it. If he made that reference in the presence of Johnny and Allie, then that's another issue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

I believe he said it after he dropped off Allie and Johnny at Day Camp and not in front of them.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

jocelynel3
Aug 12 2011, 02:58 PM
I believe he said it after he dropped off Allie and Johnny at Day Camp and not in front of them.
Yes, it was after Rafe, the bestest daddy in the whole wide world, whisked his children off to summer camp in his super awesome cop car. Thank goodness we have SuperDaddy to save these poor children from the evil men who try to claim to be their real fathers.

OldDaysFankat

I haven't watched in a while. Did they or when did they recast Abby? She looks different. And I like her.

Also, don't shoot me but I am not finding the show any worse than it was last year same time. Its about the same but with some actual nice points with Maggie, Victor and the whole drama around her shooting. I am liking some of the scenes around it and the characters involved. And is Dario gone? I haven't seen much of him.

Marlene

I just loved the way Johnny said, "What did they do now, Rafe?"

AFaithL

I loved the Nicole and EJ scenes. Ari and James sizzled!

james0479
Member Avatar

Today's show was so boring. Nothing happened. What a great Friday (sarcasm included). The only fun part was Johnny. I really hope they never SORAS that kid. He's so cute and a little pro! He out acts AS and GG....which isn't always saying too much, sadly. Who the fuck picked out Taylor's shirt today? Horrid! Anyway, a blah show all around. The light at the end of the tunnel?: This time next week we get the first of many rewritten scripts. Praise the Lord

OldDaysFankat

Does this show deliberately dress Tamara Braun terribly? I haven't seen one decent wardrobe choice for her since I have started watching again and generally I would say the women as a whole have a decent not great wardrobe compared to some other shows.

Today was boring and I cant believe this was a Friday show. And the promo for next week seems kind of flat. When did this storyline start about prostitutes getting hurt? I must have missed it. Has it been part of Chloe;s story?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

OldDaysFankat
Aug 12 2011, 06:12 PM
And the promo for next week seems kind of flat. When did this storyline start about prostitutes getting hurt? I must have missed it. Has it been part of Chloe;s story?
I was utterly baffled by that promo, not surprising because I haven't been watching. However, someone said in the promo thread that it recently started.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I loved Rafe saying no... no can't believe he said it... LOL

And John felt the same way about Sami & Eric. Marlena felt the same way about Carrie. Crap, Marlena pretty much raised Brady with John. There's a difference with it being all Sami's and Rafe's family and with Rafe being the Dad... I think Step parenting is a fine line in reality and in fiction. My mother had a step dad who was wonderful and a dad who was wonderful and she loved them both-- it does happen you know ;)

Rafe: No
Sami: No?
Rafe: well, not No... (LOL) too funny

but the funniest one of them all was EJ... I could have sopped him up with a piece of bread today, put Nicole with a mile of the guy and what u get is amazing. And when he grabbed her faced, surprised he didn't Eskimo kiss her it was hysterical.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Aug 12 2011, 06:32 PM
And John felt the same way about Sami & Eric. Marlena felt the same way about Carrie. Crap, Marlena pretty much raised Brady with John.
I don't get the analogy. John actually thought he was Sami and Eric's dad for awhile. And when he found out he wasn't, he did not try to convince Marlena to let him illegally adopt Sami and Eric without telling Roman. And John never put a bullet in Isabella's head, and then told Brady the next day that he didn't "have to worry" about Isabella anymore and that he could call Marlena mommy.

At the end of the day, I have no issue with Rafe being their stepfather and loving the kids. However, I do have a major problem with everything that he and Sami have done to remove EJ from the children's life, and then having the gaul to turn around and congratulate each other on what amazing parents they are. No amount of "we are the world's bestest mommy and daddy" dialogue will make me forget what these two hypocritical shitheads have done.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I tried to watch clips of today's show, but whoever commented upthread (or somewhere) that there are no stakes to this "war" was exactly right. I can't take any of it seriously. All of them seem utterly ridiculous, in part because two rival crime families should have tons of security and goons, not just Dmitri lurking behind a box. Days just doesn't have the budget to pull off a plausible crime family battle. And of course, since we know nobody important will actually die, it doesn't matter anyway. Would "The Godfather" have packed such a punch without Sonny's slaughter? Despite all the other not-as-important characters' murders, would "Goodfellas" have had the same emotional impact without one of the leads--Joe Pesci's Tommy--getting shot in the head as revenge for his murder of made guy Billy Batts? (Uh . . . spoiler alerts!)

And now I will go on to elaborate on the other 10982437290265 ways that "Days" is inferior to "Goodfellas" or "The Godfather." Just give me a couple minutes.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ahem. I'm only thirty seconds in, but I'm enjoying EJ. Collect yourselves, and carry on.

I guess this is coming, but why on earth is Taylor in danger?

It's not that the outfit is bad. But it's so completely unflattering on AS. And wow does Vivian clash with that set.

LMAO @ Carly in that shirt.

lysie
Member Avatar

Vivian is offended because her son sent her to voicemail. Good thing my mom can't tell when I do that.

When did EJ accidentally give Sami custody? LOL. One of those boys has a weird voice he uses sometimes. You know...like just now?

Meanwhile, I stopped enjoying EJ. I don't care what the writers do with this character but I hope it involves a constant whisper and him always holding something. The man is dancing. I get that he's drunk, but he looks ridiculous, not drunk.

lysie
Member Avatar

The SAFE scenes don't really bother me except for Sami. I don't care how she feels about Rafe or EJ, but there should be some kind of conflict in her about Johnny being taken from EJ. Yes, this is classic behavior from her, and I don't expect better behavior, but I do expect better emotions. Even if Johnny's father is the worst man in the world and absolutely shouldn't be near children under any circumstances, Johnny's mother should feel bad about that and what that means for Johnny. There's just no complexity here at all.

When did Nicole have time to change clothes?

MissLola
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 12 2011, 08:31 PM
Ahem. I'm only thirty seconds in, but I'm enjoying EJ. Collect yourselves, and carry on.

I guess this is coming, but why on earth is Taylor in danger?

It's not that the outfit is bad. But it's so completely unflattering on AS. And wow does Vivian clash with that set.

LMAO @ Carly in that shirt.
Taylor is in danger of Brady trying to get in her pants, the viewers are in danger of being forced to watch this unbelievable shit :flipoff: the actors don't even look like they believe these crappy stories and the lack of interest shows in their work.

lysie
Member Avatar

WOW. Allie is ten feet taller than Johnny. They actually remind me of my twin niece and nephew. OMG. They really do. I can't believe I've never noticed. She was tall and blond, he was short with dark curly hair. Crazy.

LMAO. "Family feud on the prairie." That didn't even make sense, but it made me laugh.

lysie
Member Avatar

This story about Johnny and the police lights is not funny. But I do remember that when Belle and Brady were little, Abe would use the siren when they were with him.

Where is Sydney?

lysie
Member Avatar

How did Brady and Nicole get mad at each other again?

LMAO. "I was hoping your guy was a better shot that Stefano's."

What Brady really wants is to recreate Three's Company. Come and knock on our door.

lysie
Member Avatar

I can't tell if it pisses me off more that Sami was used to end the Brady/DiMera war or that Taylor is being used to end the Brady/Kiriakis war. On the one hand, Taylor is irrelevant and at least Sami actually is a Brady. On the other hand, Sami is Sami and that war caused her to procreate. It's like Sophie's Choice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply