Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 8/8-8/12
Topic Started: Aug 7 2011, 07:55 PM (12,572 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

Ok! Thoughts on today's (Monday) Show..... actually, I found today watchable. Here's what comes to mind, first the negative: Im a huge Ari Zucker fan and I'd never FF her, unless she is in scenes with the horrific Taylor. I watched most of their scenes but it is utterly ridiculous for Nicole to stand before that hyprocritical slut and try to explain herself. Neither Nicole or Taylor needs any explanations, nor should Nic feel the need to stay in the same room with that tramp of a sister. Blah blah blah!
How about some positive news!? I am not a Molly Burnett fan but I thought she did fairly well with her scenes today. She really has toned it down. Melanie views Maggie as a motherly figure so, sure, she should be devastated about the shooting. I'm still not a fan....but I appreciated her not so over the top performance.
Quinn and Carly.....man, what couldve and shouldve been. Both are really great actors and I enjoyed their scenes today. What's up with Quinn tho? We know he will be sticking around. He is so great with Carly.....and has a redemptive factor behind Chloe's back. I'm still not sure what his deal is but I really enjoy him with Carly. Too bad that won't last much longer

I enjoyed the talk between EJ and Brady with Chad and Sonny in the background. Also liked how Chad chimed in and EJ was quick to tell him to calm down. The scene in the pub between the two was fun and cool as well....they slapped around at each other like brothers would do. I have a brother and we fake fight all the time. I like the idea of them becoming like brothers....not just in name but in action and conversation. I love Sonny....love him!!!!.....it's a tad odd seeing such a worldly confident young man (Sonny) looking like a child standing next to the giant that is Casey D! Lol. I'm only 5ft 4 so I can relate. Gotta say, The more I see those two in a scene together, the more I'm thinking about SAD (Sonny/Chad). Hmmmm

is it just me or is Arianna Hernandez the most mentioned dead person in Days history? Hell, she is mentioned more than Alice Horton!

All in all, today was better than usual so I guess that means we get some real crapola later this week. Another week closer to rewritten scripts and new material folks! Yay. I give today a B+....minus Taylor :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMt8cxbxWo

Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

It's glaringly obvious that Higley was on a mission to promote Taylor as the heroine of the show. Higley's ill-conceived strategy was to practically ruin any character within Tayho's radius. EJ, Nicole, and Brady have all suffered drastically from their interactions with this trick. It's time for this cancer to stop spreading and harming these characters.
Just hearing Taylor talk is as irksome as someone scraping their nails across the blackboard. Uggh! I really dislike this character. Like one of Ben Affleck movie titles suggests: I can't wait till you're 'gone, baby gone'.
I truly believe that Higley was planning a Brady/Taylor/EJ triangle with Nicole hovering fretfully on the fringes while her 'sweet, innocent' (super sarcasm alert! :sarcasm: ) is torn between two lovers. I pass! Apparently, so do a lot of other people.
In her pursuit, Higgs only served to have viewers turn away in frustration.
And now MacPherson & Thomas have the huge task of overcoming Higley's destruction. Good luck, new writers, you're going to need it. But, with good story, I know that EJ/Nicole/Brady will all be restored.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 8 2011, 04:19 PM
...it's a tad odd seeing such a worldly confident young man (Sonny) looking like a child standing next to the giant that is Casey D! Lol.
is it just me or is Arianna Hernandez the most mentioned dead person in Days history? Hell, she is mentioned more than Alice Horton!

OMG! Sonny looked like a wee toddler in the forest scenes with Chad, EJ, and Brady. Storyline wise, I'd be OK with a Sonny/Chad pairing, but height wise, I'd find the disparity too distracting. LOL!

SaveDaysNow

lazydazes
Aug 8 2011, 04:44 PM
It's glaringly obvious that Higley was on a mission to promote Taylor as the heroine of the show. Higley's ill-conceived strategy was to practically ruin any character within Tayho's radius. EJ, Nicole, and Brady have all suffered drastically from their interactions with this trick. It's time for this cancer to stop spreading and harming these characters.
Just hearing Taylor talk is as irksome as someone scraping their nails across the blackboard. Uggh! I really dislike this character. Like one of Ben Affleck movie titles suggests: I can't wait till you're 'gone, baby gone'.
I truly believe that Higley was planning a Brady/Taylor/EJ triangle with Nicole hovering fretfully on the fringes while her 'sweet, innocent' (super sarcasm alert! :sarcasm: ) is torn between two lovers. I pass! Apparently, so do a lot of other people.
In her pursuit, Higgs only served to have viewers turn away in frustration.
And now MacPherson & Thomas have the huge task of overcoming Higley's destruction. Good luck, new writers, you're going to need it. But, with good story, I know that EJ/Nicole/Brady will all be restored.
I totally agree!!! Don't forget Hagley made LEXIE completely unlikeable with her pimping of infidelity and Taywhore. Given Lexie's history, she should have been the last person to support Ejaylor's disgusting affair.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that Lexie had gotten chopped by the Taylor axle. Taylor claimed yet another victim. Don't worry, Lexie, help is soon on the way! :hail:
And it really ruffles my feathers that Hackley was going to have the audacity to explore Taylor's past. Evidently, Higgs missed the memo that viewers don't give a damn about her.
And why they are dragging her storyline all the way to Sept.23rd is just mindboggling to me.
Just get rid of her.

AFaithL

There's no way in hell I'd believe that the REAL Nicole would make excuses for anyone - let alone her disgusting slut of a sister - for sleeping with her husband!! The REAL Nicole would not be sitting at a bar buying her drinks! She would be kicking her ass!! Their entire scenes skeeved me out, because Nicole would have NEVER forgiven her. She would make that bitch's life a living hell!

I did enjoy the EJ/Stefano/Chad and the Brady/Victor/Sonny scenes.

Keith
Member Avatar

Is it safe to say we've seen the last of DiMera lackey Marco?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm baffled about how people found the show watchable today. I hated it, but granted I am only 3 days into trying to get back into it.

-Nicole drinking a martini in a dive like that? Really? Where's The Blue note. Her dialogue with Taylor was crappy - like Nicole would really be so civil to anyone that bonked her husband, not least of all her sister.

-The Carly/Quinn stuff was ok. What drugs are Carly doing? Does it involve hair loss because her hairline is receding?

- Brady/EJ in the forest with their cheerleaders Sonny and Chad : dumb dumb dumb and bad dialogue.

- Stefano so blase about Maggie being shot. Yeah, I know she means nothing to him, but he didn't seem to fazed either.

- If Daniel saves Maggie, will he dump Jennifer and start a new triangle with her and Victor? :p

Ok, I'm still adjusting to the show and am still sensitive to shit. Soon I will be numb and carry on regardless lol.

Keith
Member Avatar

Its sad Stefano doesn't seem to remember when he targeted Mickey and especially Maggie during the 80s.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Keith
Aug 8 2011, 06:09 PM
something tells me it might be Marco that shoots Chad, Marco looked awfully pissed. And btw, first time, loved Quinn...just wanted to plant a big wet one.

Sonny/EJ/Chad/Brady were off the charts.

Nicole was overshadowed by the black hole eclipse that is Taylor.

Keith
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Aug 8 2011, 07:18 PM
Keith
something tells me it might be Marco that shoots Chad, Marco looked awfully pissed. And btw, first time, loved Quinn...just wanted to plant a big wet one.

Ooh, good point about Marco shooting Chad.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Aug 8 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm baffled about how people found the show watchable today. I hated it, but granted I am only 3 days into trying to get back into it.

-Nicole drinking a martini in a dive like that? Really? Where's The Blue note. Her dialogue with Taylor was crappy - like Nicole would really be so civil to anyone that bonked her husband, not least of all her sister.

-The Carly/Quinn stuff was ok. What drugs are Carly doing? Does it involve hair loss because her hairline is receding?

- Brady/EJ in the forest with their cheerleaders Sonny and Chad : dumb dumb dumb and bad dialogue.

- Stefano so blase about Maggie being shot. Yeah, I know she means nothing to him, but he didn't seem to fazed either.

- If Daniel saves Maggie, will he dump Jennifer and start a new triangle with her and Victor? :p

Ok, I'm still adjusting to the show and am still sensitive to shit. Soon I will be numb and carry on regardless lol.
can I disagree with everything in this post excluding Dr. Feelgood? Victor wasn't balling, that's not him he was shocked--

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Keith
Aug 8 2011, 07:19 PM
crookedhalo
Keith

Quote:

Spoiler ** Chad overhears his father trying to make peace with Victor.
this is why I think it might be Marco. I mean yes maybe Victor is setting him up this time, but something tells me it maybe an angered third party trying to stoke the fire.

Keith
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Aug 8 2011, 07:26 PM
Keith
crookedhalo
Keith

Quote:

this is why I think it might be Marco. I mean yes maybe Victor is setting him up this time, but something tells me it maybe an angered third party trying to stoke the fire.

That would be a little better than the typical back and forth.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Keith
Aug 8 2011, 07:27 PM
crookedhalo
Aug 8 2011, 07:26 PM
Keith
crookedhalo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Quote:

That would be a little better than the typical back and forth.
I watched Marco's face and thought, I know Stefano thinks he's the godfather, but is it really a good ideal to piss off a hired killer.

Keith
Member Avatar

It was interesting, because when I watched Marco wasn't clearly pissed. There was a flash of anger across his face, but he seemed mostly focused on doing what he was told.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Okay..so watching today's show and I'm just floored at how bad the shooting played out. All three actors seemed like they were sleep walking thru those scenes. And WTH would Victor just sit there cuddling Maggie instead of trying to call for help himself? It was almost like Stefano calling was an afterthought. :unsure: And the reactions of the people in the hospital when Maggie was brought in? Why isn't Jennifer raging - or at least seemingly upset? Why does it seem like Melanie is the only one having a strong reaction? Holy cow - this whole thing was just awful. Amidst the weeks and weeks of awful stuff...this pretty much is icing on the cake.

The Nicole/Taylor stuff was just painful to watch. Partially because Taylor looks so damn bad. Seriously...how can anyone who knows TB not be concerned about her health? I will say that I thought Ari Z looked good in the scenes - I like her hair style.

The Brady/EJ and little bros stuff was okay...but the dialogue was uber cheesy. And how many times does EJ need to go over and over that he thinks they should do this to protect their families? I get Brady not trusting him...but making him repeat himself over and over isn't likely going to increase the probability that he's being honest. It just makes them both redundant.

I do see a spark between Carly and Quinn. But knowing CC is on her way out - who the hell cares?

Yikes...probably the worst episode I can recall in a very long time. Like...maybe forever. :facepalm:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 8 2011, 07:42 PM
Okay..so watching today's show and I'm just floored at how bad the shooting played out. All three actors seemed like they were sleep walking thru those scenes. And WTH would Victor just sit there cuddling Maggie instead of trying to call for help himself? It was almost like Stefano calling was an afterthought. :unsure: And the reactions of the people in the hospital when Maggie was brought in? Why isn't Jennifer raging - or at least seemingly upset? Why does it seem like Melanie is the only one having a strong reaction? Holy cow - this whole thing was just awful. Amidst the weeks and weeks of awful stuff...this pretty much is icing on the cake.

The Nicole/Taylor stuff was just painful to watch. Partially because Taylor looks so damn bad. Seriously...how can anyone who knows TB not be concerned about her health? I will say that I thought Ari Z looked good in the scenes - I like her hair style.

The Brady/EJ and little bros stuff was okay...but the dialogue was uber cheesy. And how many times does EJ need to go over and over that he thinks they should do this to protect their families? I get Brady not trusting him...but making him repeat himself over and over isn't likely going to increase the probability that he's being honest. It just makes them both redundant.

I do see a spark between Carly and Quinn. But knowing CC is on her way out - who the hell cares?

Yikes...probably the worst episode I can recall in a very long time. Like...maybe forever. :facepalm:
I don't know, excited for EJ to stand up and finally let it be known, this is his life and he's taking charge. Goody goody... EJ's got his balls back, can he not let Taylor lead him around by them? Watch out for the Taylor eclipse...beware...beware...

And can I say it again.. Vic was in shock. Victor is not a sobber, he's not a man that screams "Help help" it would be out of character. Victor was so not expecting it, and it showed. John Aniston is a soap opera god!!!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i think TB has an eating disorder.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply