Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daytime Royalty Sneak Peek with Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Aug 10 2011, 11:42 PM (6,832 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Daytime Royalty had the opportunity to attend a party and “sneak peak” on the set of Days of Our Lives. Let’s see what Arianne Zucker (Nicole) has to say about her character.

Since the news of the reset first broke, we haven't heard much about what is in store for Nicole. Zucker gives us a preview. “Nicole has taken on a new leaf. We’ll see how long that lasts. She has taken on this strength.”

We were curious about whether a career is in Nicole’s future. Zucker is unsure, but says she hopes it will happen soon. “One hopes that she [Nicole] can get her act together. Instead of running around town looking for a man, maybe she can look for a job.”

Despite the limited information on Nicole’s future, Zucker tells us she’s excited about the new regime. “You always have to plan for the future. You always have to reinvent yourself, so that’s kind of how I see what the show is doing.”

Part of the show reinventing itself was the firing of headwriter Dena Higley. Zucker tells us she always hates to see someone be fired, and she was particularly sad about Higley. “She wrote my character really well. I got spoiled. I appreciate that because for the first 8 years I was on the show, I was written as either comic relief or as a wedge between somebody. She gave Nicole her own story, and I am very grateful for that.”

Zucker has been playing the role of Nicole on and off for over twelve years. Over time, Nicole has gone from being kind of a background character to the lead character she is today. Despite her bad girl ways, Zucker knows that many people are rooting for Nicole. She offers us a possible reason why. “As an actor, I am in love with my character. I support her so much. I always try to find the reality in her scenes. It’s the love that she desires so terribly. I try to get that across. She does bad things, and she makes bad choices, but it’s really coming from a good place. It’s so pathetic, but it’s true.”
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Love this interview, love Ari Zucker and I LOVE Nicole. I hope that the new writers don't forget about her and I hope they have a delicious story in the works for her. Maybe one that doesn't involve Sami Brady?
Online Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Of course Zucker is going to praise Higley. She gave her material. I wouldn't say it was good material, but it sure put Zucker on the map as a leading lady in daytime.

I do hope Nicole finds a new and exciting job. While I always prefer Nicole in the business world at Titan, I could see her as a reporter, specifically a tabloid-type paper. Maybe Nicole could take over the Intruder and become a thorn in everyone's side, trying to get the gossip about everyone in town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I want to see her make a family with EJ and the kids. And yes, Ari, you better believe I am rooting for Nicole!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I hope Nicole isn't lost in the shuffle. I really like AZ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope they at least give Nicole a job of her own. I hate that Dena has women on this show always feel the need to have a man. Nicole can rock it on her own, but of course I want her to find happiness too.
Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Making Nicole a leading character is one of the only things Dena did right. I hope it continues, just with better writing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I hope they continue to use her. Nicole's one of the best aspects of the show, and I love Arianne Zucker.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I figure that she would praise Dena too; she had one of the few characters that actually benefited to a degree being under Dena's pen. But it seems like Nicole won't be in the forefront in the new regime as of right now. I don't see it as a bad thing. We've all seen the effects of over-exposure. At least with whatever they do with her now, it'll be focused on getting herself together. A scene here and there getting a job, a new lease on life, not focusing everything on other people's babies... I'm all for that.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Aug 11 2011, 12:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I agree, Thumper. That was one of the few things Higley did right. I hope the show writes for Nicole. And NOT as an interloper in someone else's love story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thrillmar
Member Avatar

Nicole needs to work with Jack at the Spectator.
I'm looking forward to scenes with Ari and MattAsh together :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathangel

^Oops, looks like somebody beat me to the punch. :embarrassed:

Indeed, they could have Jack running the Spectator in Salem again and have Nicole make the transition from TV reporter to journalist. Instant load of story potential: Nicole developing a career of her own, she could cover the race for mayor, thus why she'd be in EJ's orbit, Jack & Nicole going from snarking frenemies to reluctant allies, Nicole becoming conflicted if Jack goes on a crusade against the Dimeras if they're the ones behind what happened to him, and the list goes on.
Edited by Cathangel, Aug 11 2011, 12:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Does it sound like Nicole is kind of an afterthought or is AZ just being cagey? Anyway, I love her comment on Nicole going after a job rather than a man. She's spent most of the last three years bouncing between EJ and Brady, usually longing for the one that didn't want her. Let's see Nicole develop as an individual character.
Online Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Well it makes sense that AZ would be upset about Dena's firing because if anyone got more of a benefit from Dena besides Galen, it would have to be Ari. Sounds like Nicole is kind of just floating around without any solid plan which seems strange to me. I'm curious if Ari is indeed on her way out, especially with the arrival of Sarah Brown and her character Madison. The description of Madison always struck me as the kind of character Nicole should have been.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Aug 11 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm curious if Ari is indeed on her way out, especially with the arrival of Sarah Brown and her character Madison. The description of Madison always struck me as the kind of character Nicole should have been.
That's what I've been afraid of ever since I heard about SB and her character. I think TPTB would be extremely foolish to get rid of Ari. Hope it doesn't happen.
Edited by ChampagneRiver, Aug 11 2011, 01:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mirabella

Thanks for posting. I always like Ari's interviews. She is always upbeat and sounds like she is having fun. I love that and her.
Online Profile Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

If Arianne Zucker left this show, I'd probably quit watching COMPLETELY as well. She makes the show tolerable, at least when Nicole isn't whining over a man. Hopefully they find a good storyline for her--that includes EJ, friend or foe--I don't care. I just want AZ and JS in scenes together!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Hmmm....this kind of sounds like Nicole is doing a whole bunch of nothing as of right now. I hope that's not the case. Nicole has become one of my favorite characters and Ari is an amazing actress. I never thought I'd say that a few years ago, but Dena must have put all of her good stuff into that character. Either that or Ari did an amazing job turning crap into gold! I really hope the new writers continue to use Ari!
Online Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I think Higley wrote well for Nicole in 2008-2009, but I haven't liked the writing for Nicole ever since she got out of jail in early 2010.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Aug 11 2011, 12:47 AM
Well it makes sense that AZ would be upset about Dena's firing because if anyone got more of a benefit from Dena besides Galen, it would have to be Ari. Sounds like Nicole is kind of just floating around without any solid plan which seems strange to me. I'm curious if Ari is indeed on her way out, especially with the arrival of Sarah Brown and her character Madison. The description of Madison always struck me as the kind of character Nicole should have been.
If they get rid of Ari for Sarah Brown I'm going to be pissed off. :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic