Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Access Hollywood Interview With Sarah Brown
Topic Started: Aug 11 2011, 09:59 PM (1,872 Views)
AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

http://www.accesshollywood.com/nbc/dish-of-salt-sarah-brown-on-joining-the-cast-of-days-of-our-lives-is-her-character-good-or-bad_video_1346624

"I play Madison James, a business woman who owns Mad World Cosmetics" Did we know that already? That she works for a cosmetics company? And sorry if this has been posted somewhere else already!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Cool. Is there any way you can transcribe what the video says? The link doesn't work for me.

Joshua
Member Avatar

There are also interviews with Galen Gering as well as Drake and Deidre.

Dolly

Thanks, I listened to all of the actors speak.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great interview..I'm very excited for her character.

Manny
Member Avatar

Cosmetics company, ha? Okay, I'm game! They did wonders with cosmetic business storylines on Y&R... I want the same on Days! :D

thrillmar
Member Avatar

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!

IS THAT THE SET/S ?!?!

OldDaysFankat

Cool interview and kind of looking forward to this but Cosmetics Company really? I mean thats a Y&R staple not Days. Why does the stereotyped woman CEO have to be head of a cosmetics company. How about technology or financial firm? Still cool and hopefully a decent storyline.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8599161&t=8559375
Cool interview and kind of looking forward to this but Cosmetics Company really? I mean thats a Y&R staple not Days. Why does the stereotyped woman CEO have to be head of a cosmetics company. How about technology or financial firm? Still cool and hopefully a decent storyline.

This! Why not have her head a conglomerate a la ATWT's Lucinda Walsh's World Wide/Walsh Enterprises? I really loved the show in its heyday when that company was a major part of the show's canvas, and Lucinda was truly shown as a powerful and savvy businesswoman. Business wise, she was the female Victor Newman (YR). That's what I thought we'd get based on Meng's description of the character.

Manny
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8599135&t=8559375
Cosmetics company, ha? Okay, I'm game! They did wonders with cosmetic business storylines on Y&R... I want the same on Days! :D

What I liked about the Jabot storyline (of yesteryear) the most was though it was founded and run by a male, John A., the true brains behind the products was a female chemist, his daughter Ashley A.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 12 2011, 07:50 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

]
OldDaysFankat

Manny

What I liked about the Jabot storyline (of yesteryear) the most was though it was founded and run by a male, John A., the true brains behind the products was a female chemist, his daughter Ashley A.
While I agree that it was great to have John Abbott at the helm of Jabot, what I enjoyed the most out of these business storylines on Y&R, was that the show would have so many characters work at Newman and Jabot, and then pit all these characters against each other, whether it was a conflict inside the company (someone wanting to take control) or a war between two companies, in which people would try to get info from the other side, steal ideas and even steal the staff from one another.

I mean, it put couples at odds (Jack vs Phyllis; Nikki vs Victor; Dru vs Neil), it put old enemies at more odds (Jack vs Victor; Dru vs Phyllis).. it was just so much fun! So many intrigues and schemes came out of it.
Edited by Manny, Aug 12 2011, 08:26 AM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Manny
Aug 12 2011, 08:26 AM
]
OldDaysFankat

Manny

While I agree that it was great to have John Abbott at the helm of Jabot, what I enjoyed the most out of these business storylines on Y&R, was that the show would have so many characters work at Newman and Jabot, and then pit all these characters against each other, whether it was a conflict inside the company (someone wanting to take control) or a war between two companies, in which people would try to get info from the other side, steal ideas and even steal the staff from one another.

I mean, it put couples at odds (Jack vs Phyllis; Nikki vs Victor; Dru vs Neil), it put old enemies at more odds (Jack vs Victor; Dru vs Phyllis).. it was just so much fun! So many intrigues and schemes came out of it.
*Sighs* The good old days of YandR..when all the storylines made sense..I miss that... :(

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Manny
]
OldDaysFankat

Manny

Oh, yes, I really enjoyed that aspect as well. But I'm talking about the female role within the company. It was a breath of fresh air to have the writers think outside the stereotypical soap box, and not only have Ashley as a board member, but also as the top chemist for the company, a role that traditionally in the soap world would have been male.

Manny
Member Avatar

Daytime
Aug 12 2011, 08:32 AM
Manny
]
OldDaysFankat

Manny

*Sighs* The good old days of YandR..when all the storylines made sense..I miss that... :(
I know. Y&R was so good back then. I miss those days a lot. But that's a completely different topic. LOL

Manny
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 12 2011, 08:34 AM
Manny
]
OldDaysFankat

Manny

Oh, yes, I really enjoyed that aspect as well. But I'm talking about the female role within the company. It was a breath of fresh air to have the writers think outside the stereotypical soap box, and not only have Ashley as a board member, but also as the top chemist for the company, a role that traditionally in the soap world would have been male.

Oooh, okay! I must have missed your point earlier. But yeah, it was great to have Ash be at the top with John and Jack.

I hope we can have at least something close now with business storyline starting with Madison.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I must say that Sarah Brown looks fabulous. She is vibrant and just glows with good health. Maybe finally I can get the nasty taste of Claudia Zacchara out of my mouth with lovely Madison James.

I was very excited to see part of the beautiful new set. Just imagine. We will have new things to look at on Days and not just the same three/four tired sets. Yay.

So right off the bat Madison is sexing it up with Brady. Hmm, wonder how Nicole will be taking that? I can't wait to see Kate give this young beauty the old evil eye. LOL

Thanks for posting this.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

The set looks AMAZING! :omg: I love it! I like the premise that she's going to be the head of a cosmetics company and her head to head with Kate. It sounds fun!
SB also made a great point comparing daytime t.v. to primetime t.v. when she talked about adjusting to your audience's wants and needs. I believe daytime had been so reliant on viewers always coming back that they never felt it was required to make necessary adjustments. But now is the time to change that up and enhance the show to what the viewers want and I cannot wait to see what Days will be like come September

six
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
Aug 12 2011, 07:13 AM
Maybe they figure if the real life Jabot line takes off, they can do the same thing for Days and bring in more revenue for the show.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

I know nothing about Sarah Brown but I loved that interview! She seem vivacious and doesn't spew the same ol' soap rhetoric we consistently hear from actors.

Manny
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Aug 12 2011, 09:08 AM
I know nothing about Sarah Brown but I loved that interview! She seem vivacious and doesn't spew the same ol' soap rhetoric we consistently hear from actors.
I'm pretty sure people will love her. She's an amazing actress.

paul89

wowowoo i loved the video :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply