Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Matthew Ashford Interview, KCRA Sacramento
Topic Started: Aug 16 2011, 03:56 PM (3,821 Views)
CalAggie87

I saw that Matt did an interview today for Channel 3 (KCRA) Sacramento, a NBC affiliate. He talks about I DO! I DO!, and the interviewer then mentions his return to DAYS, and J/J. I believe the DAYS part of the interview is at the @2:50 mark.

"Jack is fighting like mad to get Jennifer back. He has his work cut out for him because she has this great new boyfriend -- a doctor -- and Jack's daughter is really upset with him for splitting in the first place, so he's got his work cut out for him."

I am using the KCRA site for this link but I believe it is on YouTube.

http://www.kcra.com/video/28881311/detail.html#.TkrI2g6lcYs.facebook
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CalAggie87

So looks like more of the same. And what the fuck is the need for everyone to say Dan is a wonderful guy, do the writers really think the fans cannot remember storylines?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Woah...I love MA, but he looks ROUGH in this interview...wow, he looks so good everywhere else I have seen him since his DAYS return announcement.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow. Matt looks rough in that video.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I do love that he took a little snipe at the fact that Jack will be trying to win Jennifer back AGAIN...hehe...

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Yikes! No offense to Matt Ashford, but what's going on here? He cut his hair oddly and definitely looks rough.

CalAggie87

He does looked more haggard than he has, but he has been heavily rehearsing and unlike most musicals he is on stage and sing, dancing, acting, and even playing instruments the whole time. And it is only he and Christina. I imagine that is pretty grueling.

You noticed the snipe too. I hope he puts some of that snark in Jack's dialog and some pissed off facial expressions.
Edited by CalAggie87, Aug 16 2011, 04:21 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Casey
Aug 16 2011, 04:18 PM
Yikes! No offense to Matt Ashford, but what's going on here? He cut his hair oddly and definitely looks rough.
He looked like he just got off a 3 days booze binge and woke up 5 mins before the interview started....man he looked SOOO fresh and SOO hot in that picture with Christie Clark that day that was posted on Twitter...they both looked HOT!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
Aug 16 2011, 03:59 PM
So looks like more of the same. And what the fuck is the need for everyone to say Dan is a wonderful guy, do the writers really think the fans cannot remember storylines?
and that one readons why they do not bring lucas the only guy that will not think dan is great guy and might be on jack side

WayBackJackFan

I think he looks kind of exhausted. Nice snarky "that sounds new" in regards to Jack fighting for Jennifer. He doesn't sound disappointed, though, so I'm going with it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
Aug 16 2011, 03:56 PM
"Jack is fighting like mad to get Jennifer back. He has his work cut out for him because she has this great new boyfriend -- a doctor -- and Jack's daughter is really upset with him for splitting in the first place, so he's got his work cut out for him."
I hope this plays out better than it sounds. The last thing I want to see is more Daniel pimping and Jennifer/Abby blaming everything on Jack. Do they really not believe he was held captive?

Hopefully this triangle will bring out a darker side of Daniel and he'll take drastic measures to keep Jennifer from going back to Jack. I just can't see myself caring about any of this if the writers continue to write Daniel as a saint. Two "good" guys fighting for the love of a "good" girl = Zzzzz. Let Daniel be the villain and re-define J&J as the rooting couple.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Casey
Aug 16 2011, 04:18 PM
I don't know if it's that his hair is cut or if it's just slicked back. He looks kind of sweaty and ill here. I'm hopeful the fact that he's looked so good in other pictures (which have all been candids even, and not airbrushed promo photos) means this is sort of just an anomaly.

Ellie

Kenny
Aug 16 2011, 04:29 PM
The last thing I want to see is more Daniel pimping and Jennifer/Abby blaming everything on Jack. Do they really not believe he was held captive?
That's the part I don't get. This reminds me of the story in 92 where Marlena was kidnapped and put in the pit. She was supposedly on a business trip to NY, and she and Roman had had a fight the night before she left. So when she didn't call for a while, Roman was like, yep, that's why I was angry at her. But then as the days wore on and they still didn't hear from her, he got worried and tried to find her, and THAT helped set up the J/M/R triangle when she was found. He cared so much at that point, but she'd spent the time in the pit with John. So what they need to do here is something similar - have Jen be worried about Jack and torn between those feelings and her new feelings for Daniel. But if she refuses to believe that Jack was unable to contact her, then that side of the triangle is just totally missing. If she's in the middle of the triangle, she needs to have feelings for both, and what better way to reignite feelings for someone than to be worried about their safety.

CalAggie87

Well, Dan does not need to be a villain. Jack is a reporter have Jack just show what Dan does, chases his female patients, beds them, gets bored, repeat cycle. His unprofessional behavior is enough to get his ass fired or normal people to find him disgusting. Then have Jennifer realize she is an idiot, try to get back to Jack and for Jack to tell her sorry she did not trust him, and he does not want to live always worrying about walking on egg shells around her to earn her love. Then Jennifer has neither guy, and has to grow and mature, and exist as a person without a man. Then have her fight for Jack.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Ugh, in other words we'll have to endure the same old 'Jack is the bad guy and must kiss everyone's ass' bullshit again. I really wish Jack would tell Jennifer and Daniel to fuck off and walk away. And please, can everyone stop pimping that douche Daniel??? :drunk: :puke:

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I'm not familiar with a lot of J&Js history, and when I started watching DAYs M&M weren't even portraying their characters. Does Jack have a pretty bad history of just up and disappearing? If their back story starts off with Jack actually leaving to do this walkabout (before he gets captured or held hostage), I could see why Jennifer and Abby would be upset with him.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Was Jack held captive or not? It'd make no sense for Jennifer and Abby not to believe him, so what's the deal?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Aug 16 2011, 04:29 PM
CalAggie87
Aug 16 2011, 03:56 PM
I hope this plays out better than it sounds. The last thing I want to see is more Daniel pimping and Jennifer/Abby blaming everything on Jack. Do they really not believe he was held captive?

Hopefully this triangle will bring out a darker side of Daniel and he'll take drastic measures to keep Jennifer from going back to Jack. I just can't see myself caring about any of this if the writers continue to write Daniel as a saint. Two "good" guys fighting for the love of a "good" girl = Zzzzz. Let Daniel be the villain and re-define J&J as the rooting couple.
This is how you right a good triangle!

I am tired of DAYS pimping Daniel as well, they have tried and tried for YEARS to make us like him and WE DONT...what do they not get about that!

Why does this show has a 24/7 hardon for this character...I don't GET IT?

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm thinking Jack did leave and lied about it - to pursue a story and keep his family protected, then he was kidnapped and became incommunicado. It fits with the ripped from the headlines comment Dee made before.

WayBackJackFan

Jack has left before, but not without what he thought was good reason. He left when he found out he was responsible for Abigail's illness because he thought his family would be better off without them. . .is that it? He didn't actually leave in Africa--Jennifer took Abigail and left him. He "died" which doesn't count as leaving. Jack going on a "walkabout" is also out of character because the man hates dirt, sand, heat, the elements, etc. He wears suits or nice clothing (preferably suits, though) pretty much everywhere. I do not see Jack ever hiking for a long period of time in order to find himself.

ETA: He did leave when he thought he was dying in order to spare his family the pain of seeing him die. Again, he thought he was doing the right thing even though his family would disagree. If Jack leaves, it's always because he thinks he is protecting his family.
Edited by WayBackJackFan, Aug 16 2011, 04:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply