Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Discussion; Ryan Murphy's new psycho-sexual thriller
Topic Started: Aug 25 2011, 03:01 AM (10,414 Views)
Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm excited! I did hope to see more of Constance and the devil child, but I like the idea of a beginning, middle and end for each season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

But we never found out what the reason for "if you die in the house, you STAY in the house"? Or what the house wanted? I felt the house was a character as well??

Kinda bummed...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I like the concept of new characters and new stories each season..But I do hope they continue the Constance and demon baby storyline..This definitely has me very excited for season 2..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Quote:

but [the returning actors] will be playing completely different characters.

Jessica Lange in any role will make it work

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I'm confused, initially he says "the second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt" and then he says "I'm not interested in doing another house, just a house story. We're not going to move to Maine and do another haunted cottage". Which is it? I like the idea of an anthology but I'd feel more confident if he was establishing that it was a new house every season or that this house has enough stories to tell that we will stay here.

Regardless, I hope that Constance is worked into the new show because without her it just won't rock.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't know how I feel about returning actors playing new characters. And um...I'm going to need Constance. And I'd really like to keep Vivien and Violet and Moira, too.

But, let's face it. This is a Ryan Murphy show. The chances of the second season being decent are incredibly low.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

What was the point of having Constance's grandchild turn out to be a demon baby if we're never going to know what happens to him? I actually like the anthology idea a lot but it's kind of stupid to end it on a cliffhanger like that when most of the audience, who isn't going to be reading interviews with the producer, is going to tune in for next season and spend the first three shows wondering WTF is going on.

Jessica Lange is the only must-return out of the entire cast for me. I like both versions of Moira and Kate Mara's Hayden was awesomely cracked but I still could get by without them. I had had more than enough of Tate so if the actor returns I hope he's playing a completely different character. I also don't care for the actress who plays Violet.

All in all, though, I was entertained throughout most of the series and am glad I stuck with it after the pilot, which came very close to turning me completely off.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Dec 22 2011, 11:59 AM
My favorite scene in the entire episode was when they’re scaring the family; it reminded me of Beetlejuice.
Oh really? I never thought of that.
I KNEW that was reminding me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kenny
Dec 22 2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:

An official announcement about the new ensemble and storyline will be made in February. In the meantime, Murphy offered this tantalizing tease: “There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”
Very interesting. Any theories on what the clue might be?
I wonder if they'll tie it back to the story the psychic told about the natives haunting the colony, when she told them about the (false) magic word to get rid of ghosts. Or maybe they'll explain the force behind the house more by showing it operating somewhere else.

But yeah- it's a Ryan Murphy show so season 2 will probably suck. And if Glee Season 3 is any indication, what he says now won't necessarily match up with what actually happens.

Loved everything about this season, and I'm glad they aren't trying to stretch it out somehow. The story they told was wonderful, and I'd rather have some unexplained points than have them crap it up later with on-the-fly explanations.

It would be interesting to keep the entire cast and have them play different characters. I really liked them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

'American Horror Story': 'Birth' features the secret to season 2 -- EXCLUSIVE

It’s been a week since the shocking finale of FX’s American Horror Story, which found the entire Harmon family dead but happily haunting their home. Co-creator Ryan Murphy told the media last week that season 2 would be a complete reboot of the show with a new location and new cast. He also teased that the secret to next season could be found in AHS’ final three episodes. Well, AHS fans, EW is gonna narrow it down even further for you: the secret to season 2 can be found in….SPOILER ALERT…”Birth,” the penultimate episode of the season and the one in which Vivien went into labor. Says Murphy, “Go through it frame by frame. I planted it in there. I will never reveal it.”

Kenny
Member Avatar

I was thinking Season 2 might take place in a prison and Larry getting locked up was the clue, but if it's something you would only find by going through the episode frame-by-frame, I doubt that's it.

six
Member Avatar

Yea...I'm not going through anything frame by frame, so I guess I'll find out next season. IDK, I'm not really thrilled about every season basically being its own series. The quality dropped a lot after the Violet reveal, too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Dec 27 2011, 10:43 PM
But yeah- it's a Ryan Murphy show so season 2 will probably suck.
LoL, ordinarily I would agree with you, but because of the way this show is set up, maybe that's not the case. Ryan Murphy does great first seasons and then gets bored and lets his shows go to hell. What better way to keep that from happening than to create a show where it's a first season every year?

Mason
Member Avatar

Eh, I really like this show, but I'm not so enamored of it that I'm going to go to that much trouble. Of course, Ryan Murphy, in all his egotism thinks his viewers are so obsessed with what goes on in his head.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Ugh sucks Jessica Lange won't be back. Another show needs to grab Lange.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm fine with the show being an anthology type of series, but it's really disappointing that Lange/McDermott/Britton won't be sticking around even as new characters. The cast was the thing that really drew me to this show in the first place.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

Season Two of 'American Horror Story' will be "The Jessica Lange Show"

American Horror Story‘s second season will be all about Jessica Lange.

Executive producer Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the Oscar-winning actress, who won both a Golden Globe and SAG Award for her work on the FX thriller, will be back for Season 2 in a big way.

“We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.”

The EP also announced that he will reveal the identities of the three other actors who have signed on to return for Season 2 this Friday at the American Horror Story PaleyFest panel, so stick close to TVLine for the scoop.

Source: TV Line

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ok I FINALLY started watching Season 1 two nights ago on NetFlix...I am on episode 7 now and HOLY FUCKING HELL I AM HOOKED!!!

I am a ZOMBIE today...I have been up late till 3AM for the last two nights..me and my GF just cannot stop watching.

The cast is amazing...my only regret is not watching this sooner so I could have joined in with all of you experiencing this for the first time.

I hope the show continues to be as good as it is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply