Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video: We Love Soaps interview with Chandler Massey
Topic Started: Aug 30 2011, 04:09 PM (2,859 Views)
tmjohn72
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey talks about the return of some prominent characters and just what is happening with Will and Sonny. No confirmation of a relationship, but read between the lines and reach your own conclusion.
Edited by tmjohn72, Aug 30 2011, 04:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great interview!

I'm glad to hear Austin is going to fill that father figure in Will's life now that Lucas is gone. I'd much rather see Austin in that role than Rafe, even though I don't really mind Rafe as Will's stepfather, but Austin should be in that role if Lucas isn't.

Massey is trying so hard not to spill the beans. He knows damn well the producers came to him and told him Will was going to come out of the closet. Months from now, when the storyline officially gets rolling, I bet Massey confesses that he was told way back when, but had to keep up the charade of not knowing. Isn't that how it always is?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cyndabell

The interviews continue to be pointless. They should just go ahead and say if it's Will or not since the audience nominated the character months ago. It's all so tiresome now and I still say that this storyline BLOWS without Lucas. Neither Rafe nor Austin are viable substitutes.
Edited by cyndabell, Aug 30 2011, 04:37 PM.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

They want to get as many viewers as possible, and not spilling the beans on a storyline that has everyone talking will get people to tune in, if only to see who Sonny is paired with.

I agree that CM already knows and he can't say. Even if he is not the one he is still bound by his contract, unless he wants to potentially be fired. Do they fine in this business? I know a recurring Glee star was fired for giving too much away.
You can tell he knows just by how he forms his responses.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Even though I'm hoping Bryan Datillo is hiding behind a curtain right now and will jump out and say "Surprise!", I'd much rather see Austin in the father role than Rafe. Austin has been LIKE a second father to Will his entire life so it makes a lot more sense. I wouldn't even mind Rafe being upset at Will for leading Gabi on. I think that would be kind of interesting. But he doesn't need to be in the father role.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Chandler is a horrible liar, it is pretty much obvious that Will is going to be gay.

Thomson
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Aug 30 2011, 04:40 PM
Chandler is a horrible liar, it is pretty much obvious that Will is going to be gay.
Agreed, he's trying really hard not to spill. I'm not buying it. I understand that they don't want to give away too much but didn't Camilla spill it already? Why would she lie about that, wouldn't make sense. Will's definitely the one being gay.
Edited by Thomson, Aug 30 2011, 04:52 PM.

cyndabell

The funny thing is that the interviews continue despite a young woman by the name of Camila Banus blowing the lid off the storyline months ago. But the debate rages on (perhaps rightfully so, who knows). I do wonder about the circumstances about Bryan Datillo. This is a deep storyline that calls out for Will's bio father to be part of it. Lucas being the kind of person that he was (an alcoholic with a poor track record with women) would've provided the right ingredient for Will's story to have that extra zing.
Edited by cyndabell, Aug 30 2011, 04:54 PM.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Aug 30 2011, 04:52 PM
The funny thing is that the interviews continue despite a young woman by the name of Camila Banus blowing the lid off the storyline months ago. But the debate rages on (perhaps rightfully so, who knows). I do wonder about the circumstances about Bryan Datillo. This is a deep storyline that calls out for Will's bio father to be part of it. Lucas being the kind of person that he was (an alcoholic with a poor track record with women) would've provided the right ingredient for Will's story to have that extra zing.
Not to mention Sami blaming him and herself if she isn't accepting and able to deal with it from the start. Lucas certainly needs to be involved. One might say his absence also raises suspicion that it isn't going to be Will, but I am just thinking that with other cast returning they are tight on their budget.

Who knows though. Maybe he will suddenly be asked back. Since they are going slow with the storyline maybe they are trying to line up asking Brian back as others leave. I do think that with school back in session they are missing out on the younger audience, but I am glad they didn't rush it.

Also, maybe BD doesn't want to be involved right now?

Kenny
Member Avatar

theDude
Aug 30 2011, 04:51 PM
I understand that they don't want to give away too much but didn't Camilla spill it already?
She did but that was back in May, wasn't it? Things could've changed by then.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

I still say Lucas will be back by Xmas. They purposely slowed down this story to be able to focus on the relaunch and starting all the other stories. I say, the story starts when Will starts questioning his feelings for Gabby First. We have gotten just a very small glimpse of that, then it should shift to how he feels about Sonny. Lucas isn't needed until he's about to realize those feelings. I say something happens to Sonny to make Will reactant I don't think that'll happen until sweeps or something. The audience can suspect he's gay but until his family finds out the real meaty part of the storyline won't start. If they don't manage to bring Lucas back, the story won't be as good as it should be, I'll say that. Austin was/is important to Will but he wasn't as close to him as he was with Lucas.

I'm hoping Marlene's tweet about yet, her FB post about not knowing what might happen on the Lucas front and Sheri's tweet last week about clients getting booked was all a reference that BD is returning if not, I'd have to think that Meng's words about listening to fans was more of the same from Days.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

I am hoping we will have Will And Sonny together for a little while before everyone finds out, but Salem is a small town I guess.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 30 2011, 05:18 PM
theDude
I understand that they don't want to give away too much but didn't Camilla spill it already?
This is what I think, too. I agree at first it most definitely was going to be Will, but now, I'm not convinced that he is still the designated character, especially with anvils indicating it could be either him OR Chad.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 30 2011, 06:01 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

badaddiction
Aug 30 2011, 05:54 PM
Kenny
theDude
This is what I think, too. I agree at first it most definitely was going to be Will, but now, I'm not convinced that he is still the designated character, especially with anvils indicating it could be either him OR Chad.
What anvils have you seen that it could be Chad? I think both Will, Chad and the entire teen scene including T has shared the same amount of screen time with Sonny at this point we see no indication in the writing that they are going with anyone as Sonny's love interest and at this point they can even turn the homophobe asshole T into his love interest down the line.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 30 2011, 06:09 PM
badaddiction
Kenny
theDude
What anvils have you seen that it could be Chad? I think both Will, Chad and the entire teen scene including T has shared the same amount of screen time with Sonny at this point we see no indication in the writing that they are going with anyone as Sonny's love interest and at this point they can even turn the homophobe asshole T into his love interest down the line.
I felt the episode in which Sonny and Chad played pool together was choke-full of old school anvils from the moment Chad entered the Cheatin Heart. But then, anvils are subjective, so where I may interpret a line or action as foreshadowing, others may not. As they say, YMMV.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 30 2011, 06:18 PM.

cyndabell

badaddiction
Aug 30 2011, 06:14 PM
LuvingLumi
badaddiction
Kenny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I felt the episode in which Sonny and Chad played pool together was choke-full of old school anvils from the moment Chad entered the Cheatin Heart. But then, anvils are subjective, so where I may interpret a line as foreshadowing, others may not. As they say YMMV.
EJ's "peace and LOVE" comment as he watches Chad/Sonny shaking hands and eyeing each other may or may not have been anvil material. Also, Chad telling Stefano that "he will never be the son he wants him to be" may have an alternate meaning given the circumstances. Time will tell either way.
Edited by cyndabell, Aug 30 2011, 06:24 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Aug 30 2011, 06:21 PM
badaddiction
LuvingLumi
badaddiction

I felt the episode in which Sonny and Chad played pool together was choke-full of old school anvils from the moment Chad entered the Cheatin Heart. But then, anvils are subjective, so where I may interpret a line as foreshadowing, others may not. As they say YMMV.
EJ's "peace and LOVE" comment as he watches Chad/Sonny shaking hands and eyeing each other may or may not have been anvil material. Also, Chad telling Stefano that "he will never be the son he wants him to be" may have an alternate meaning given the circumstances. Time will tell either way.
Exactly. It's all about subjective interpretation. I read a post the this week's episode discussion thread in which someone interpreted Will/Sonny's conversation about how Sonny handled idiots like T as an anvil that Will in fact will be having to deal with the same situations in the near future. I didn't interpret the conversation that way. Again, YMMV.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 30 2011, 06:30 PM.

cyndabell

badaddiction
Aug 30 2011, 06:29 PM
cyndabell
badaddiction
LuvingLumi

Exactly. It's all about subjective interpretation. I read a post the this week's episode discussion thread in which someone interpreted Will/Sonny's conversation about how Sonny handled idiots like T as an anvil that Will in fact will be having to deal with the same situations in the near future. I didn't interpret the conversation that way. Again, YMMV.
And just for the record, I think Chad/Sonny have got IT..............The game of pool episode at The Cheatin' Heart caught my eye mostly because of something Sonny said and something Chad did. Will/Sonny were engaged in a conversation about each other's love lives, and when Sonny mentions something about "there being someone out there for me" Chad enters and appears standing right behind Sonny. Oh those anvils can be something else. :cheers: :mutley:

badaddiction
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Aug 30 2011, 06:47 PM
badaddiction
Aug 30 2011, 06:29 PM
cyndabell
badaddiction

And just for the record, I think Chad/Sonny have got IT..............The game of pool episode at The Cheatin' Heart caught my eye mostly because of something Sonny said and something Chad did. Will/Sonny were engaged in a conversation about each other's love lives, and when Sonny mentions something about "there being someone out there for me" Chad enters and appears standing right behind Sonny. Oh those anvils can be something else. :cheers: :mutley:
Right. There were 1 or two more anvils during the episode, but my brain is pea sized and I can't think of them at this time.

CalAggie87

Hell, I watched the first scenes between Abby and her cousin Sonny, and that is when I had a big anvil fall on my head.Her first scenes and she does not really talk about her life, her father, who is Sonny's uncle, but she went on and on and on how perfect Chad is for her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply