Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video: We Love Soaps interview with Chandler Massey
Topic Started: Aug 30 2011, 04:09 PM (2,860 Views)
oraclerogue
Member Avatar

Did anyone find it very sad that CM couldn't remember any of what is currently being shown? :shame: This should tell someone upstairs that they are filming wayyy to far in advance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Maybe Chad AND Will will be gay? LOL. And we get a triangle!

Doubtful, I know, but still.

And yes, the writers have definitely left it open between Chad and Will which one will be gay. I think they've tried harder with Chad which leads me to believe it will definitely be Will.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I definitely think they're trying to throw us off by throwing Chad into the mix. He's the perfect red-herring. We've seen so many things that indicate that he WILL be the one with Sonny, and I think that's definitely intentional as a way to throw us off.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

tmjohn72
Aug 30 2011, 05:00 PM
cyndabell
Aug 30 2011, 04:52 PM
The funny thing is that the interviews continue despite a young woman by the name of Camila Banus blowing the lid off the storyline months ago. But the debate rages on (perhaps rightfully so, who knows). I do wonder about the circumstances about Bryan Datillo. This is a deep storyline that calls out for Will's bio father to be part of it. Lucas being the kind of person that he was (an alcoholic with a poor track record with women) would've provided the right ingredient for Will's story to have that extra zing.
Not to mention Sami blaming him and herself if she isn't accepting and able to deal with it from the start. Lucas certainly needs to be involved. One might say his absence also raises suspicion that it isn't going to be Will, but I am just thinking that with other cast returning they are tight on their budget.

Who knows though. Maybe he will suddenly be asked back. Since they are going slow with the storyline maybe they are trying to line up asking Brian back as others leave. I do think that with school back in session they are missing out on the younger audience, but I am glad they didn't rush it.

Also, maybe BD doesn't want to be involved right now?
Because some of the returnees and new cast members were so important? :shrug:

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

LuvingLumi
Aug 30 2011, 05:32 PM
I still say Lucas will be back by Xmas. They purposely slowed down this story to be able to focus on the relaunch and starting all the other stories. I say, the story starts when Will starts questioning his feelings for Gabby First. We have gotten just a very small glimpse of that, then it should shift to how he feels about Sonny. Lucas isn't needed until he's about to realize those feelings. I say something happens to Sonny to make Will reactant I don't think that'll happen until sweeps or something. The audience can suspect he's gay but until his family finds out the real meaty part of the storyline won't start. If they don't manage to bring Lucas back, the story won't be as good as it should be, I'll say that. Austin was/is important to Will but he wasn't as close to him as he was with Lucas.

I'm hoping Marlene's tweet about yet, her FB post about not knowing what might happen on the Lucas front and Sheri's tweet last week about clients getting booked was all a reference that BD is returning if not, I'd have to think that Meng's words about listening to fans was more of the same from Days.
Sheri tweeted??? :popcorn:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I feel bad for CM trying to keep this secret of his character for soooo long. DAYS, give the guy a break.

Ellie

Liz<3Days
Aug 30 2011, 11:48 PM
I feel bad for CM trying to keep this secret of his character for soooo long. DAYS, give the guy a break.
I know, why keep sending him out for interviews if they're not going to let him spill anything?

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 30 2011, 11:50 PM
Liz<3Days
Aug 30 2011, 11:48 PM
I know, why keep sending him out for interviews if they're not going to let him spill anything?
I think the poor guy even deleted his twitter account around the time that rumors started to circulate about his storyline. I don't think I could keep it a secret for that long! How many times can Chandler play coy and say "oooh, I don't know what's happening to my character.... :unsure: ;) "

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Aug 30 2011, 11:15 PM
I definitely think they're trying to throw us off by throwing Chad into the mix. He's the perfect red-herring. We've seen so many things that indicate that he WILL be the one with Sonny, and I think that's definitely intentional as a way to throw us off.
I'm willing to concede that more than likely it's Will, but at the same time I say throwing Chad into the mix is probably TPTB hedging their bet or gauging the GA's reaction and/or receptiveness to the possibility of a gay love story before actually (publicly?) committing to the storyline. Yes, cynical is my middle name.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 31 2011, 07:52 AM.

AFaithL

NO to Chad being gay. I like Chad and Abby together.

Can't wait for this gay storyline with Will to get started! So much drama potential with Marlena, Sami, Austin, Carrie, and Lucas when he returns.

Thomson
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Aug 31 2011, 09:23 AM

Can't wait for this gay storyline with Will to get started! So much drama potential with Marlena, Sami, Austin, Carrie, and Lucas when he returns.
Totally agree. It would be a mistake if they made Chad gay ! He and Abby are cute together.

Will would be the obvious choice and the possibilities are endless. Also Lucas' return will be almost inevitable, I miss him.

bring it Days !

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

AFaithL

I agree,I do not want to see Chad gay, I love him with Abby.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

theDude
Aug 31 2011, 09:37 AM
AFaithL

Totally agree. It would be a mistake if they made Chad gay ! He and Abby are cute together.

Will would be the obvious choice and the possibilities are endless. Also Lucas' return will be almost inevitable, I miss him.

bring it Days !
It's not just that it's that he's one of the few characters that could actually make this story pretty interesting. People care about Will (the character) more than they care about Chad. He's grown up on our screen and the actors that have played him with the exception of DP have been on A LOT for child actors on Days. He was only sorased by 2 years. We barely know Chad, he's been on less than 2 years and he's been a Dimera for 5 months. Why the hell should I care if Chad has these emotional scenes trying to find himself? Why the hell should I care if Chad has issues with how the town will perceive him being gay? WTF should I care that Chad is bedding boys when I barely know who Chad is? We know enough about Will and his upbringing to be able to say, 'Oh yeah, remember when that happened....yeah, he would react that way." I care enough about the character of Will to watch the story and I think the majority of viewers will watch it for that reason alone.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

IMO, it can be a successful coming out/love story whether it involves legacy characters or not, as long as the writing and acting is there. I believe an example of this success is OLTL's Kyle and Fish (and I would think some would argue GL's Olivia & Natalia), two non legacy characters. The writing - when it focused on their interpersonal relationship - made the story compelling and the couple root worthy.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 31 2011, 10:44 AM.

cyndabell

badaddiction
Aug 31 2011, 07:45 AM
Spencer Hastings
Aug 30 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm willing to concede that more than likely it's Will, but at the same time I say throwing Chad into the mix is probably TPTB hedging their bet or gauging the GA's reaction and/or receptiveness to the possibility of a gay love story before actually (publicly?) committing to the storyline. Yes, cynical is my middle name.
I'm willing to concede NOTHING! Perhaps I would if there wasn't enough ample evidence to already suggest that Will could be the one. They've done things (and they have more things coming up with him) to suggest that he could still be the closeted one behind Gabi's back. Gabi has a talk with Abby concerning Will's behavior coming up soon (or has it happened already). If anything, they are playing Will, Chad, and T as equal possibilities. So it's a game of who will they pick (as well as who would provide the better story)? And it can be either of them at this point. No red herrings needed!
Edited by cyndabell, Aug 31 2011, 04:28 PM.

CalAggie87

Well, Chad/Abby seem more like Jennifer/Frankie, cute but not going to be going the mile of soulmates.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who finds this "Guess the Gay" game kind of stupid. It like guess which "white" kid has the black mama. Its so weird. Like one of those Maury P. shows where you got to guess which woman is really a man. Its like they're making a freak game out of being gay. If its one of those "he's always been gay" stories then it shouldn't be this way. If it was the person just fell in love with someone of the same sex, then is that person really "gay?"

I liked how BTVS did it. They didn't know which character they were going to make gay. But instead of making it some kind of stupid game or joke, they just let the characters be themselves. And when they decided to make Willow gay, it was out. No guess the gay game. And no one had to say Willow has always been gay. People just accepted it and moved on.

I feel like DOOL's PR camp is handling this rather stupidly.
Edited by Aliaron, Aug 31 2011, 04:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply