Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video: We Love Soaps interview with Camila Banus
Topic Started: Sep 1 2011, 10:21 AM (1,231 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/09/banus.html

Youtube version:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Can we get some of that personality in her character?

pspcindy
Member Avatar

CB had no problems playing a bad girl on OLTL. She actually put holes in condoms her friend planned on using for her "first time". Camilla does come off as much more entertaining than Gabi.

I'm really confused about the gay storyline. From all the hype and hints it seemed to be a certain upcoming story. Now there have been several remarks made that make me wonder if the story will go beyond Sonny being the first gay character on DOOL and how he adjusts to being openly gay in the small town of Salem. Perhaps Will's part of the story will end up being one of confusion rather than a coming out story. I just hope we get on with things and stop having PSAs instead of real story.
Edited by pspcindy, Sep 1 2011, 10:47 AM.

cyndabell

I don't know what's going on either anymore but Greg Meng did say that there's another gay in Salem. The question is who? Will, Chad, T, or someone else? BTW, gotta love Camila Banus spilling the beans months ago only to now claim that she knows nothing. I suppose the situation could've changed since then, but still.
Edited by cyndabell, Sep 1 2011, 11:15 AM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

The more I hear them say it, the more I do genuinely believe that while the original intention was absolutely to make Will gay, they've put the brakes on it. It may still happen, but it may also be Chad or T, or it may be no one. I get the unfortunate sense that these writers may not really want to write that storyline (they seem to be going back to traditional Days, and a gay storyline wouldn't be that) but at the same time know the seeds have already been spread for it and the show is getting good publicity for doing it.

Eventually I think they will bite the bullet, but it'll take a while and it may end up being someone more peripheral than Will.
Edited by SlyestFox, Sep 1 2011, 01:36 PM.

AnthonyL

It's clearly and obviously Will. Camila spent the last portion of the interview basically saying Gabi will have to accept and live with the fact that her boyfriend turned out to be gay. If it wasn't going to be Will, the show would have stopped the story in it's tracks and not even shown anything about Will avoiding sex and what not. Because having Will question if he's gay or not then turn out not to be would be more insulting and upsetting than dropping the story altogether.
Edited by AnthonyL, Sep 1 2011, 01:43 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Why can`t she just spill the beans already? I don`t get the secrecy, we all know that it is Will. :huh:

cyndabell

SlyestFox
Sep 1 2011, 01:35 PM
The more I hear them say it, the more I do genuinely believe that while the original intention was absolutely to make Will gay, they've put the brakes on it. It may still happen, but it may also be Chad or T, or it may be no one. I get the unfortunate sense that these writers may not really want to write that storyline (they seem to be going back to traditional Days, and a gay storyline wouldn't be that) but at the same time know the seeds have already been spread for it and the show is getting good publicity for doing it.

Eventually I think they will bite the bullet, but it'll take a while and it may end up being someone more peripheral than Will.
I'm also inclined to think that Corday would love to stick a fork in this storyline so he can get back to his traditional storytelling. But he realizes it would be the closest thing to suicide if he did it. With the show being "reset" along with all of the returning characters, I can see TPTB moving this storyline so slow that it becomes the closest thing to being non-existant. I also think that Corday might like to use someone for the story who might be considered "less important" than Will. I believe Will might've been Dena's idea but he isn't Corday's idea.
Edited by cyndabell, Sep 1 2011, 04:57 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I agree with those who say it's still up in the air. Towards the end of the interview, it seemed to me she started speaking from the standpoint that *if* they write Will realizing he's gay then more than likely both Will and Gabi will experience the gamut of conflict and emotions she spoke of. She went from saying at first we (the actors) knew, then we didn't, then we knew, now we're back to not knowing, again, but if they do the storyline, here's how (I would assume) it would play out.
Edited by badaddiction, Sep 1 2011, 05:03 PM.

Aldo
Member Avatar

AnthonyL
Sep 1 2011, 01:41 PM
It's clearly and obviously Will. Camila spent the last portion of the interview basically saying Gabi will have to accept and live with the fact that her boyfriend turned out to be gay. If it wasn't going to be Will, the show would have stopped the story in it's tracks and not even shown anything about Will avoiding sex and what not. Because having Will question if he's gay or not then turn out not to be would be more insulting and upsetting than dropping the story altogether.
I agree completely.

Aldo
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Sep 1 2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with those who say it's still up in the air. Towards the end of the interview, it seemed to me she started speaking from the standpoint that *if* they write Will realizing he's gay then more than likely both Will and Gabi will experience the gamut of conflict and emotions she spoke of. She went from saying at first we (the actors) knew, then we didn't, then we knew, now we're back to not knowing, again, but if they do the storyline, here's how (I would assume) it would play out.
Executive Producer Greg Meng confirmed the gay storyline and confirmed there will be another gay in Salem in addition to Sonny in one of the We Love Soaps interviews published this week.
I don't believe a thing about Camila's "not knowing if the storyline will take place" because it will since it is already confirmed.
Edited by Aldo, Sep 1 2011, 06:00 PM.

CalAggie87

They better not put a stop to it. That would be disastrous. And that would bring in much deserved negative press. First promising a gay story, and a gay couple, then backtracking out of fear, this would result in protests, more than from conservatives disapproving the storyline. I think, though, it is more of a case of slowing it down to do it justice. That would not have happened with Dena. The problem with so many stories was that they just happened, couple overnight became couples, there was no realistic build. With the new writers, taking their time to do it right, there is a realistic chance of this being a great story -- and even winning over some viewers who have issues with gay characters and romances.

Thomson
Member Avatar

I really don't understand the delay of this storyline. The writers just need to make up their minds and move ahead with it ! This secrecy is really getting on my nerves.

CalAggie87

But the new writers' material really has not begun, show how is it a delay? We do not know what Dena had planned, and considering how badly all her other stories were/still are, it is more than likely better that things are slowed down. And they wait out to see which character makes for the best storyline for and with Sonny.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Aldo
Sep 1 2011, 05:59 PM
badaddiction
Sep 1 2011, 04:57 PM
Executive Producer Greg Meng confirmed the gay storyline and confirmed there will be another gay in Salem in addition to Sonny in one of the We Love Soaps interviews published this week.
I don't believe a thing about Camila's "not knowing if the storyline will take place" because it will since it is already confirmed.
I took her not knowing to be in relation to whether or not Will is going to be gay.

cyndabell

AnthonyL
The part about Will questioning if he's gay and then realizing that he's not reminds me of something that they once did with Will's uncle Mike Horton back in the 1970's I believe. Mike thought he might've been gay at one point because he was having trouble "getting it on" with his girlfriend by the name of Trish Clayton. Mike began confiding in Mickey's secretary Linda about his sexual concerns and Linda "helped" dispel Mike's concerns by sleeping with him. It worked, but Mike only became obsessed with Linda after that. Mike eventually returned to Trish and their relationship was much better. Sometime after that, I guess it was determined that Mike was not gay, just confused. Could this current storyline with Mike's nephew Will, be a repeat? Not only that, but I wonder if this storyline is a two-part kind of tale. The stories of both a young man who's confused (Will) as well as a young man who's the actual closet case (Chad or T).
Edited by cyndabell, Sep 1 2011, 06:15 PM.

CalAggie87

Whenever the LAND OF THE LOST movie the actor Wesley Eure, Mike, was interiewed since at the same time he was on DAYS he was on the TV LAND OF THE LOST. He talked about DAYS, and being closeted himself, but how the shows would force him into doing these interviews for teen mags, making him a sex symbol to teen girls. I seem to remember that he was living with and in a relationship with Richard Chamberlain, or some famous actor. I cannot remember if he said that they might have toyed with the idea and decided not to do so, hence the story you mentioned of if the show wanted to keep it secret he was gay and had Mike be shown as definitely straight.

AFaithL

As long as its not Chad. I like Chad and Abby.

Carly
Member Avatar

I really think DAYS is doing the "Will is gay" s/l, and the actors are just being vague and noncommittal because the PR department told them not to spill the beans (even though Camila already spilled the beans!). In the video, Camila mentioned that Gabi keeps worrying that Will isn't enjoying sex with her. I can only think of three reasons why Will wouldn't like sex with Gabi:

1) Will is hot for some other girl

2) Gabi is just really, really bad at sex

3) Will is gay

Option #1 doesn't seem very likely because the only other girl in Will's age range is Melanie (and Kinsey will be leaving soon), and I don't think DAYS is bringing on any new teen girls in the near future. Plus, I would seriously gag if Will were hot for Melanie! So, option #1 seems to be out of the running.

Option #2 is a remote possibility, though I don't really see DAYS doing a "Gabi sucks at sex" s/l! (Well, I could see Dena doing that storyline!)

So, I think that #3 is the most logical option. I suspect that DAYS might just be slowing down the s/l because of all the other storylines that will take up airtime during the first few months that the returning characters are back on canvas. Also, DAYS might be trying to bring back Bryan Dattilo for a brief return, and so DAYS might want Lucas's return to sync up with Will's realization that he's gay. (It'd make sense to bring back Lucas during Christmas time, and I think DAYS is currently filming the Thanksgiving episodes.)
Edited by Carly, Sep 1 2011, 10:53 PM.

AnthonyL

cyndabell
Sep 1 2011, 06:14 PM
AnthonyL
The part about Will questioning if he's gay and then realizing that he's not reminds me of something that they once did with Will's uncle Mike Horton back in the 1970's I believe. Mike thought he might've been gay at one point because he was having trouble "getting it on" with his girlfriend by the name of Trish Clayton. Mike began confiding in Mickey's secretary Linda about his sexual concerns and Linda "helped" dispel Mike's concerns by sleeping with him. It worked, but Mike only became obsessed with Linda after that. Mike eventually returned to Trish and their relationship was much better. Sometime after that, I guess it was determined that Mike was not gay, just confused. Could this current storyline with Mike's nephew Will, be a repeat? Not only that, but I wonder if this storyline is a two-part kind of tale. The stories of both a young man who's confused (Will) as well as a young man who's the actual closet case (Chad or T).
Yes, but that was the '70's, not 2011. Back then that would be considered a 'happy' ending. These days it would be a cop out and a lot of people would be very offended.
Edited by AnthonyL, Sep 1 2011, 10:40 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply