Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 9/5-9/9; No episode 9/5
Topic Started: Sep 4 2011, 05:58 PM (20,783 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

I agree that the Isabella cancer storyline was thousands time better than the current Sami story. For one thing, the show did involve a lot of other characters such as Isabella's family (Bo and Victor) and the Bradys. There was also the correlation of Jennifer being pregnant and I loved how they used Jack as Isabella's friend. That is what makes a story and what has been the problem with Days for the last several years in not playing out all the beats. I also think that Drake did some of his better acting in this storyline.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 4 2011, 06:51 PM
jocelynel3
Sep 4 2011, 06:50 PM
Color Me nostalgic, but I opened up a paint shop pro window and copied that picture over and started naming all the characters in that picture. I got all but 3 or 4 adult actors, and wasn't sure about the kids but I did fairly well... I doubt I could do that with the characters that are on today...
Which ones were you missing?
Last Row, 2nd from Left, ( I know he played some sort of weird character on Syd and Marty crofts kids shows when I was a kid but can't remember his character on days),
Last Row 4th from left, Last Row 5th from left ( I think he was an ISA Op with Shane, just can't remember his name), Last row 8th from left (standing next to April Ramirez), Last Row 9th from left, Last Row 10th from left (female standing next to Shane), Last Row, standing next to Kayla (too blurry, but It is either Calliope, or Savannah Wilder)

Second Row, Standing next to Eve, and (Carrie?) Unknown female

the kids I think are Sami, Eric, Shawn Douglas, and I can't remember who the other one is...

esp13
Member Avatar

Last row, second from left - as somebody already said, that is the actor who played Leopold Alamain.
Last row, fourth and fifth from left - apparently 4th is Michael Sabatino (Lawrence Alamain) and fifth is Robert Mailhouse (Brian Scofield)
Last row, eigth from left - Antony Alda (Johnny Corelli)
Last row, ninth and tenth from left - Dave Frabotta (Dave - the maitre de' at Wings) and Camilla Scott (Melissa Anderson)
Last row, next to Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) - that is Calliope
Second row, standing next to Eve and Carrie - Sarah Horton
I believe the other child is the actor playing Andrew Donovan.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 5 2011, 12:13 PM
Last row, second from left - as somebody already said, that is the actor who played Leopold Alamain.
Last row, fourth and fifth from left - apparently 4th is Michael Sabatino (Lawrence Alamain) and fifth is Robert Mailhouse (Brian Scofield)
Last row, eigth from left - Antony Alda (Johnny Corelli)
Last row, ninth and tenth from left - Dave Frabotta (Dave - the maitre de' at Wings) and Camilla Scott (Melissa Anderson)
Last row, next to Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) - that is Calliope
Second row, standing next to Eve and Carrie - Sarah Horton
I believe the other child is the actor playing Andrew Donovan.
Thank you!!

I remember them being on the show, I just couldn't remember their character names!!!

I suppose most of my problems were because my vision isn't what it used to be!!! Some of them were just too blurry for me to recognize!

SaveDaysNow

WOW, I LOVED Izzy B and John!!! They were made of awesome. I bawled my eyes out back then, and just did so watching this clip. Nothing on this show has come close to being that moving. I could never get into Jarlena because I always thought John's true love was Izzy B. (JMO).

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

for those that were wondering what Jen was doing at the hospital last week, she was volunteering. in her conversation with Dan tomorrow, she says that she doesn't have a job but has been enjoying volunteering. (or something to that effect)

CalAggie87

Right, Jennifer would enjoy volunteering at the hospital, and how is that possible after what she did with Carly, wasn't that why she was fired. It is ridiculous Jennifer does not miss journalism. And how does she live without an income? Or since it was a once-sided divorce, with Jack having no legal representation, did she set it up she go all their funds?

Keith
Member Avatar

I think Jennifer is primarily living off of Alice's estate, actually.

CalAggie87

I really wished go with Nicole working with Jack at the paper. And Jennifer with Doc Wonder Penis, and the occasional volunteer job at the hospital. Then Jack actually working on what happened to him, and what really is up with John's problems. Mixing it up, writing crack articles. Even Nicole writing a couple of articles which are very good. Then Jennifer has to admit she was being a brat about bitching about Jack and his love of investigating, and how her life now is an utter bore.

esp13
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
Sep 5 2011, 03:14 PM
Right, Jennifer would enjoy volunteering at the hospital, and how is that possible after what she did with Carly, wasn't that why she was fired. It is ridiculous Jennifer does not miss journalism. And how does she live without an income? Or since it was a once-sided divorce, with Jack having no legal representation, did she set it up she go all their funds?
Why wouldn't Jennifer enjoy volunteering at the hospital for a little while. The Horton family was always very involved with University Hospital. It's not like Jen has said she plans on making that a career or something. As for how it's possible, she's a volunteer, not an employee. She refused to trash her friend on TV, she didn't kill somebody. If Lexie can be chief of staff after everything she's done, I don't think Jen is disqualified from being a volunteer. And I imagine that Jen lives (at least briefly) without income just like everybody else in Salem manages to do so. She's staying at the Horton house (no rent), probably has some savings or inheritance to live on for awhile.

It's only been like 3 days since Jen lost her job. If she's still unemployed and not caring about that in 6 months, then maybe it's an issue.

Keith
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 5 2011, 03:28 PM
CalAggie87
Why wouldn't Jennifer enjoy volunteering at the hospital for a little while. The Horton family was always very involved with University Hospital. It's not like Jen has said she plans on making that a career or something. As for how it's possible, she's a volunteer, not an employee. She refused to trash her friend on TV, she didn't kill somebody. If Lexie can be chief of staff after everything she's done, I don't think Jen is disqualified from being a volunteer. And I imagine that Jen lives (at least briefly) without income just like everybody else in Salem manages to do so. She's staying at the Horton house (no rent), probably has some savings or inheritance to live on for awhile.

It's only been like 3 days since Jen lost her job. If she's still unemployed and not caring about that in 6 months, then maybe it's an issue.
Esp, I'm glad you're such a Jennifer champion. So many people just want to dump on her and use any little excuse to do so. Your reasoning definitely makes me see her more your way.

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay. Again. I remember her quitting. I don't remember her being fired. Can someone verify?

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 5 2011, 03:31 PM
Okay. Again. I remember her quitting. I don't remember her being fired. Can someone verify?
She quit. Lexie was threatening to fire Carly. Jennifer quit over refusing to denounce Carly on TV.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

oh... before i forget: tomorrow is also the first time the party is mentioned in the actual episode. (we know it's already been mentioned twice in mini-plots)

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 5 2011, 03:33 PM
lysie
She quit. Lexie was threatening to fire Carly. Jennifer quit over refusing to denounce Carly on TV.
Thank you. I thought so.

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 5 2011, 04:09 PM
oh... before i forget: tomorrow is also the first time the party is mentioned in the actual episode. (we know it's already been mentioned twice in mini-plots)
They've given us flashbacks, how about some flashforwards?? party time!

esp13
Member Avatar

Keith
esp13
CalAggie87

Esp, I'm glad you're such a Jennifer champion. So many people just want to dump on her and use any little excuse to do so. Your reasoning definitely makes me see her more your way.
Honestly? I'm not even a huge Jennifer fan. She's never been a huge favorite of mine. I liked her, but nothing more. I just don't think she deserves to be trashed left and right the way she has been for the crime of divorcing Jack and falling in love with somebody else. Until I here differently from the writers, I believe that Jen truly believes that Jack took off and has decided that "finding himself" is more important than his family. Whether she should or shouldn't believe that is kind of irrelevant because, until very recently, it's been clear that was supposed to be the story. And even MA has hinted in interviews that Jennifer isn't supposed to have known or believed something different. People don't have to like that, and I understand why they wouldn't, but that's not the character's fault.

I haven't loved everything about the way Jennifer has been written and I think the insta-love with Daniel was forced and a bit contrived, although the writing has gotten better recently. But, there seems to be some criticism that is, to quote Clueless -- way harsh. And that has prompted me to defend her a bit, I guess.

CalAggie87

And I have the same problem, I am tried of Jennifer always the victim, never in the wrong. It is the problem with the show, certain characters are never criticized by others in Salem, if they are deemed the good guys. Everyone is all poor Jennifer in Salem, and she is not completely devoid of blame. She has done things, which were erased, and all Jack's mistakes magnified. If Jack were still criticized for the rape, or for what he did to Melissa, that would be great; in fact I think not everyone would forget this stuff, I think that this should still be part of Jack's story. It would have made more sense for that a reason Abby is mad at him. But the big things he did are ignored, and things he really did not do are thrust upon him. It just pisses me off. And it makes for sloppy writing. Were I Missy I would prefer that Jennifer were not this blameless saint, and she had to deal with her flaws. It is more challenging as an actor than getting a free pass all the time, or past whitewashed or ignored, because Jennifer cannot be blamed, she is a white hat, and white hats never do anything wrong. There seems to a similar problem with Bo and Hope, they are Bo and Hope, I read some viewers complaining about how they come off as abusive cops, but no one in Salem points this out. I guess Bo is no longer commish, or whatever, but that never made sense since Bo is a low wolf, and not by-the-books suit. If a DA tried to point this out and question them for this, it would because he is the character also a villain, or corrupt. Sometimes good people fuck up and do questionable and even bad things. A good story has even the good people deal with this and have to pay for this.
Edited by CalAggie87, Sep 5 2011, 04:55 PM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 5 2011, 04:45 PM
Keith
esp13
CalAggie87

Honestly? I'm not even a huge Jennifer fan. She's never been a huge favorite of mine. I liked her, but nothing more. I just don't think she deserves to be trashed left and right the way she has been for the crime of divorcing Jack and falling in love with somebody else. Until I here differently from the writers, I believe that Jen truly believes that Jack took off and has decided that "finding himself" is more important than his family. Whether she should or shouldn't believe that is kind of irrelevant because, until very recently, it's been clear that was supposed to be the story. And even MA has hinted in interviews that Jennifer isn't supposed to have known or believed something different. People don't have to like that, and I understand why they wouldn't, but that's not the character's fault.

I haven't loved everything about the way Jennifer has been written and I think the insta-love with Daniel was forced and a bit contrived, although the writing has gotten better recently. But, there seems to be some criticism that is, to quote Clueless -- way harsh. And that has prompted me to defend her a bit, I guess.
I agree on the harsh treatment of Jennifer. I'm a big J/J fan and while I haven't liked or agreed with how she has handled everything since Missy's return, I chalk that up to Dena. I have to wonder why some of the J/J fans who are so harsh would want them back together if they think Jennifer is such a bad person.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm all for Jack coming back and asking Jen why she believed he had really abandoned her. If that's the story, that's great. I think it will be good for both characters. But what does anybody in Salem know that would give them a reason to question Jen's interpretation of Jack's actions -- particularly if Jen isn't? They know Jennifer had her heart removed and Jack never showed up or contacted her. They only know what she has told them, so there isn't much for them to call her on in that regard. Sure, they could point out the mistakes she made in the past, but since J&J left town together and happy in 2006, that would seem to be pulling shit out of the air that doesn't matter at this point.

I'm all for people calling others on their mistakes. I'm just not sure what Jen has done -- as the story is now -- that she should be getting trashed for. The story may be different in a month and if, for now, somebody wants to point out that Jen might be rebounding a little quickly with Dr. Dan, that's fine by me. But the stuff about her job, her volunteering, the idea that she suddenly has no opinion or brain or desire to investigate anything or ambition seems just a bit OTT -- in my opinion. YMMV.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply