Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Ab Fab' Returns With 3 New Episodes!; 20th Anniversary
Topic Started: Sep 5 2011, 09:42 PM (650 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

PRESS ASSOCIATION -- International PR "guru" Eddy Monsoon and inebriated magazine editor Patsy Stone are to return to our screens in three new episodes of Absolutely Fabulous, the BBC has confirmed.

The award-winning comedy series will celebrate its 20th anniversary with the trio of 30-minute specials.

Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley will reprise their celebrated roles as Edina and Patsy, and will be joined by other original cast members. Julia Sawalha will resume the role of Edina's daughter Saffy, June Whitfield as her mother and Jane Horrocks as Bubble.

The original series aired from 1992 to 2003 with a special in 2004. The new collection of specials picks up in the present day, with fashion follower Eddy still working in PR and sex-mad Patsy still employed in the magazine industry.

In the first episode, fans will rejoin the ensemble in the midst of a life-changing experience for one - which affects them all, while in the concluding episode Eddy and Patsy play their own very special part in the London 2012 Olympics.

Saunders said: "Its great that we are able to celebrate our 20th birthday with all the original cast. Like a good bottle of champagne we hope that we have got better with time without losing any of our sparkle.

"Last week when we started filming in dear old west London, it was as if nothing had changed. It was raining. Nevertheless, we are so happy to be working for an audience that has grown just a tiny bit older like us, but is still willing to let us fall over on TV in the name of PR."

Jon Plowman, executive producer of BBC Comedy and original producer of the Absolutely Fabulous series, said: "Viewers have been fantastically loyal in their devotion to our show, so we're really thrilled to say that it's coming back for three new shows to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

"All of the originals who are back together again are still truly absolutely fabulous and the new adventures of Edina, Patsy, Saffy, Bubble and Mother, plus a few surprising guests, will be a real treat for viewers."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Eeeeek!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Can't wait!...however, I didn't "love" the 2004 special.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Excited for this! Still love the earlier stuff than I did the rest but I'll be watching.

LiZa
Member Avatar

OMG! I'm seriously excited! Will this be on the BBC channel? Because I don't get the bbc channel! I'll have to find someone to upload the episodes.

KMan101
Member Avatar

From what I understood, Logo will air them and I thought BBC America would as well.

EW.com had two pictures up earlier in the week and seeing Patsy and Edina together again was great!

KMan101
Member Avatar

BBC will air a 3-part Christmas special sometime in December! No word on when/if it will air in the US, though I'm sure clips will go up on YouTube.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/11/28/absolutely-fabulous-christmas-special-preview/

There's also a video clip of the new special, featuring Edina, Bubble and Gran (none of them look like they've aged a bit! Wow! Especially Gran, she looks the same). Unfortunately, no glimpse of Patsy.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Thank you KMan101 for the update, and the clip!! I'm excited! I swear Jennifer Saunders is pure genius.

KMan101
Member Avatar

The special will air January 8th on BBC America and Logo.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Absolutely-Fabulous-Premiere-1040528.aspx

LiZa
Member Avatar

As always thank you KMAN101! Thanks for keeping up on the info. I doubled checked i get BBC, it's Logo i don't get. I'm excited!!! Eekk! I told my mom, she is anxious as well.

LOL, Bubbles re-enacts the royal wedding!!!

KMan101
Member Avatar

OK. Another clip has been released! This time, Patsy and Edina diss the Kardashians. The clip also gives us our first looks at Patsy and Saffy (neither has aged, I swear)

Quote:

Yes, they're back! Those chain-smoking, vodka swilling, shopping-obsessed babes of Absolutely Fabulous have returned, just in time to give us their indelible take on the current state of the world!

The legendary divas Patsy Stone and Edina Monsoon haven't missed a beat since the series left the air in 2003, as they tell Edina's poor, put-upon daughter Saffron what they think about those lovely social leeches that are known as The Kardashians in an exclusive teaser clip of the show's upcoming return. Original stars Jennifer Saunders and Joanne Lumley reprise the roles that made them international superstar comediennes, and they still have that viper's bite when it comes to putting people down!

Edited by KMan101, Dec 20 2011, 09:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply