Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Maggie Rejects Victor; 9/20 Issue
Topic Started: Sep 7 2011, 09:30 PM (2,318 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Victor presses Maggie for an answer: Will she move in with him permanently when her gunshot wound heals? "First of all, Victor's offer was a shock to Maggie," Suzanne Rogers shares. "She doesn't need anything from Victor; she's her own woman. I think that was part of the attraction Victor has for her: She didn't want anything from him."

Maggie's extended family also plays a role in her decision. "Maggie has to consider how her family will feel. Both Jennifer and Hope have been surprised by their Aunt Maggie's behavior when it comes to Victor."

Maggie gently but firmly explains to Victor that she's still an old-fashioned girl when it comes to shacking up with someone before marriage. She thanks Victor for his offer and says once she's recovered, it's time to return to her own home.

Nevertheless, Maggie's feelings for Victor remain strong. "Maggie took the bullet meant for Victor," Rogers points out. "She wanted to protect him. Maggie took a second look at Victor and found in him some qualities that were unexpected. She wants to give him a chance, while still holding onto her own beliefs. Ever since Maggie and Victor started getting closer, Maggie has enjoyed what they share."

Article scans courtesy of Forbidden Love
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

"Maggie gently but firmly explains to Victor that she's still an old-fashioned girl when it comes to shacking up with someone before marriage"

Huh. That's a new concept for Salem, although a little odd, considering they've slept together. I like that magstor is getting more press.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I love Magic. I still want them to live at Maggie's house after they marry though.

Carol916

I would love to see them get married and live at Maggie's house. There is too much going on at Victor's house while Maggie has her great big house to herself. I would love to see something besides at kitchen, too.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I like the way they're playing thing. I love Maggie/Victor, so I'm glad to see that they'll be getting some material coming up.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

These two bore me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Angie79
Sep 7 2011, 10:22 PM
These two bore me.
I think that's because they haven't really been involved in a storyline revolving around the two. Hopefully, with the "dark secret" between their relationship we can get to see them actually be involved in some type of plot.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Carol916
Sep 7 2011, 10:13 PM
I would love to see them get married and live at Maggie's house. There is too much going on at Victor's house while Maggie has her great big house to herself. I would love to see something besides at kitchen, too.
I gotta say, I would not want them living at Maggie's house. For one thing, it's a little too much like Victor's just moving in and taking Mickey's place, sleeping in his bed, etc. But mainly it's just.... Victor has a mansion. It makes no sense for them to not live in the mansion Victor owns.

And there's not even that many people living at the Kiriakis mansion now. Victor, Brady, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny and that's it. Nicole at the moment, but she tends to shift residences a lot. We hardly see Justin and Adrienne, and Sonny's likely to be out at places like Java Cafe hanging out with the teens, it would essentially just become Brady's house. I dunno... I'd have a tougher time seeing Victor live somewhere other than the Kiriakis Mansion than I would seeing Maggie live somewhere else.

And, on a practical side of things, getting rid of Maggie's house could always free up room for more sets, and I like a lot of public sets.
Edited by SlyestFox, Sep 7 2011, 10:56 PM.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I think Maggie will reject Victor because she doesn't want to be the person in their relationship that needs him to take care of her. If they live apart, she gets to take care of herself. I would like to see them get together though. I'm happy Maggie doesn't give the usual reaction a woman has on this show and jumps right into a serious relationship at warp speed and is married five minutes later.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The same old-fashioned girl that took Victor upstairs to bang in the same bedroom she shared with Mickey for years?

I am glad they have Maggie conflicted about moving into the Kiriakis mansion permanently. That happened way too often under Higley and company's writing. People were moving into other houses, left and right. It was ridiculous. You had no clue who was living where.

Personally, I would like to see Maggie living at the mansion, but I'm torn as to when it should happen. Should she be there before or after marriage? I don't know.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Angie79
These two bore me.
Honestly they are starting to bore me, too,. :shrug:

Andre

Scenes with Suzanne Rogers cause me to stop fast forwarding and watch, no matter what.

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Sep 7 2011, 10:53 PM
Carol916
I gotta say, I would not want them living at Maggie's house. For one thing, it's a little too much like Victor's just moving in and taking Mickey's place, sleeping in his bed, etc. But mainly it's just.... Victor has a mansion. It makes no sense for them to not live in the mansion Victor owns.

And there's not even that many people living at the Kiriakis mansion now. Victor, Brady, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny and that's it. Nicole at the moment, but she tends to shift residences a lot. We hardly see Justin and Adrienne, and Sonny's likely to be out at places like Java Cafe hanging out with the teens, it would essentially just become Brady's house. I dunno... I'd have a tougher time seeing Victor live somewhere other than the Kiriakis Mansion than I would seeing Maggie live somewhere else.

And, on a practical side of things, getting rid of Maggie's house could always free up room for more sets, and I like a lot of public sets.
This is so not practical in terms of sets for Days. But didn't Victor buy a brunch of houses by Maggie's when Melanie and Phillip were thinking of buying a house? Why not reconfigure Maggie's house set into a new house that Victor happens to own?

Kyrai

Angie79
These two bore me.
I want to like Maggie and Vic, but sadly they bore me too, and Vic used to be one of my favorite characters. I'd have rather Don Craig returned with those cigarettes. Back when he fell in love with Maggie, I had wanted him to get back with Marlena, but I'm over that now, lol. I do think Vic should have someone too, but aside from Caroline, I can't think of anyone. To me, it just feels like they put these two together because they're all they had in the same age bracket. Maybe that's a good enough reason. They're wonderful actors, but I'm not finding it compelling watching them get together.
Edited by Kyrai, Sep 12 2011, 05:45 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Yes, I do not want them living in Maggie's house if they tie the knot and as someone else said with the limit of sets, they will have to keep the Kiriakis Mansion set as Brady lives there, unless Brady rents an apartment somewhere, I can't see them not keeping the Kiriakis Mansion around. Then again they might decide to do away with it for while to save money, who knows.

Marlene

ideal_rain
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8617435&t=8572673
SlyestFox
Sep 7 2011, 10:53 PM
Carol916

This is so not practical in terms of sets for Days. But didn't Victor buy a brunch of houses by Maggie's when Melanie and Phillip were thinking of buying a house? Why not reconfigure Maggie's house set into a new house that Victor happens to own?

Interesting point which certainly would have been forgotten had DH still been around. Victor has probably since sold those properties, though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply