Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glee Exclusive: Is Ashley Fink In… Or Out?
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 05:42 PM (441 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Glee Exclusive: Is Ashley Fink In… Or Out?

Prepare to not get Zized when Glee returns this fall.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Ashley Fink’s screen time will be drastically reduced following the Sept. 20 season premiere, which finds her recurring (and somewhat polarizing) character, Lauren Zizes, abruptly [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT] quitting New Directions and breaking up with her steady beau Puck (Mark Saling), who spent much of Season 2 wooing the demanding, plus-sized tough girl.

The news comes a week after Fox released the show’s official Season 3 gallery pics, which featured practically every major cast member — including recurring performers Dot Marie Jones and Lauren Potter — but not Fink.

Lauren’s sudden estrangement from the New Directions crew marks a dramatic turnaround from Season 2, where her character was frequently front and center — fist-fighting with Santana, briefly serving as a manager to Mercedes, and even scoring a solo on “I Know What Boys Like.” In fact, Fink often had more screen time than established series regulars like Amber Riley.

So what’s going on? A Glee spokesperson declined to comment and Fink’s camp could not be reached. An insider, however, downplays the news, maintaining that as a recurring player, Fink’s storyline ebbs and flows much the same way Max Adler’s (Karofsky) does. Additionally, the show has to service 16 regulars, as well as arcs for four Glee Project winners. And that’s not even including new recurring castmembers Vanessa Lengies and LaMarcus Tinker.

Still, another source admits the decision to have Lauren quit New Directions and split with Puck — effectively severing the character’s only two ties to the show’s central action — is strange. “It’s odd to go from being the ‘It Girl’ last season to getting tossed on the backburner,” concedes the insider. “But this is Glee. Just when everyone thinks she’s out, they may pull her back in.”

Thoughts? Are you OK with this development? Or are you already missing Lauren? Hit the comments! And for more Glee scoop/spoilers, follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

SOURCE: TVLine.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed. She was one of the bright spots for me, but I understand them wanting to focus on the original core characters, and I like the Glee Project 'winners'.

Just read that we'll meet Mike Chang's parents, so it's nice we will get some character development for him.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I think I'm pretty much done with this show. For me, Lauren/Ashley Fink was the best part of the second season.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Glee more or less lost me last season. It was a big mess. BIG mess.

I'm giving it another shot but if it follows the same lines, I'm done.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It doesn't seem like they really know what they're going to do, and there are, what, four people coming on for varying lengths of time from that reality show.

Oh well. As long as the music is good, I suppose I'm in.

Evan
Member Avatar

I only watch Glee for Darren Criss/Blaine.

lysie
Member Avatar

I liked her just fine, but I didn't realize she was the "it" girl last year.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I liked her....but if this means more screen time for the neglected original gleeks, like Mercedes and Tina, I am fine with it.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Lauren could have fallen in too much of a good thing. There are many characters on Glee that I liked more when they were just supporting characters that had some good one-liners in an episode. I don't know about Lauren being the "it" girl, but she added some needed spunk into the group. But from the promo shots and I am betting Blaine is going to be joining ND. So I am not surprised they decided to get rid of Lauren in order to keep a smaller group. Plus knowing they had to add at least Sam and/or Damian from Glee Project the group was getting too big.

Glee has me this season, but it is going to be a lot of work for them to keep me past this season. It does seem like they are going back to characters and developments that we popular in the first season. I would have no problem that if nothing in season 2 had an impact on season 3.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply