Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WLS: Mary Beth Evans Taping Again on 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 08:01 PM (7,373 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/09/hojo.html

This article talks about a new play MBE is starring in but this part caught my eye. You can find more info about the play if you read the whole article.

Quote:

Studio C Artists has announced a six-week run of "Murder at the Howard Johnson’s," written by Ron Clark and Sam Bobrick, directed by John Coppola, and starring Mary Beth Evans (THE BAY; DAYS OF OUR LIVES), Wilson Green, and Patrick Muñoz.

The show, produced by Michelle Appezzato, with Executive Producer Michael Sonntag, opens Thursday, September 22nd at 8 p.m., and continues on alternating dates through October 28th at the Studio C Artists performance space along Theatre Row in Hollywood. Opening night just happens to be the same day Evans starts shooting at DAYS OF OUR LIVES again.

Edit 9/9: Detail from SOD:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/mary-beth-evans-back-days

Mary Beth Evans Back to DAYS

By SOD • Posted: Sep 9, 2011

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) will be back filming in Salem on September 23 for shows that will begin airing around December 15. In the story, Kayla returns with son, Joey, and will help Caroline at the Brady Pub. The actress will be appearing in the comedic play Murder At Howard Johnson's in Los Angeles, beginning September 22.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

hmm....wonder what she'll be in town for? Stephanie's no longer there...

Mason
Member Avatar

Fantastic! I was worried that with Stephanie out of town it would be a while before we saw Kayla again.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Maybe she is getting play in Jack's story...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hooray! So glad Kayla will be around...I hope it's an extended stay. :)

six
Member Avatar

I'll just be nice and say I'm happy for esp13. :)

MyHappyEnding

OMG just the thought of her and MA in a scene together is enough to make me call in sick to work to make sure I don't miss it!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Yay! :cheer:

Just wish her one eyed tomcat was coming back with her.

lysie
Member Avatar

Well, this is surprising. Yay! Her appearances last fall were a bright spot. I wonder what story she'll be part of.

Kriss4

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary Beth is coming back, and I love her.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Kayla, and I was hoping the show would ask her back even if Steve and Stephanie are absent. It shows the show can value an individual outside of a pairing. It gives us S/K fans a reason to be happy along with everyone else who's excited about the returns of their favorites!

I hope her return ties in to something interesting.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Yay! Esp...where are YOU!

I knew it was only a matter of time before Kayla made an appearance back on Days. I bet she does play a part of Jack's story.....I always appreciated how for YEARS they continued to keep the awkward between them and they played it so well.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Yay! Love her!!

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Glad to hear this! I like that even if they don't have Kayla on the show full-time they still have her come and go like this. Kayla's great, MBE's great, and, frankly, I'd be fine just breaking her and Steve up and having her come back full-time although I'm sure that's not super popular.

Wonder what her story will be since her last two visits have been Stephanie related and she's gone. Hopefully lots of interaction with Jack! The complexity of that relationship's a gold mine. Shame Steve can't be there too.

Judging by the timing, it may just be that they're bringing Kayla on for Christmas.
Edited by SlyestFox, Sep 8 2011, 08:33 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 8 2011, 08:03 PM
Fantastic! I was worried that with Stephanie out of town it would be a while before we saw Kayla again.
Isn't Stephanie still in Salem lol?

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 8 2011, 08:29 PM
Mason
She is? Did they not give her a proper exit?

I shouldn't be surprised.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 08:28 PM
I'd be fine just breaking her and Steve up and having her come back full-time although I'm sure that's not super popular.

:hahano:

As popular as John sleeping with Ava Vitale.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

THat's cool. :)

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Yay! I was hoping they would bring her back soon.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Well, it sucks that Stephen Nichols being on Y&R would keep MBE from having a steady gig on Days when she deserves one. I guess there's nothing wrong with her being like this, as long as she's like officially on recurring status but comes and goes Doug and Julie style. But if people accepted Justin and Jennifer coming back sans Adrienne and Jack, couldn't they accept Kayla doing the same? At least in Kayla's case it would be because Stephen Nichols is not available.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Mason
Sep 8 2011, 08:31 PM
darraholic
Sep 8 2011, 08:29 PM
Mason
She is? Did they not give her a proper exit?

I shouldn't be surprised.
I don't even remember seeing her leave town. I just remember they stopped showing her all of a sudden. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply