Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WLS: Mary Beth Evans Taping Again on 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 08:01 PM (7,330 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 08:36 PM
Well, it sucks that Stephen Nichols being on Y&R would keep MBE from having a steady gig on Days when she deserves one. I guess there's nothing wrong with her being like this, as long as she's like officially on recurring status but comes and goes Doug and Julie style. But if people accepted Justin and Jennifer coming back sans Adrienne and Jack, couldn't they accept Kayla doing the same? At least in Kayla's case it would be because Stephen Nichols is not available.
Damn it! Y&R have all the good ones! Eileen Davidson, Stephen Nichols... it's no fair I say! :redface:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 8 2011, 08:31 PM
darraholic
Sep 8 2011, 08:29 PM
Mason
Sep 8 2011, 08:03 PM
Fantastic! I was worried that with Stephanie out of town it would be a while before we saw Kayla again.
Isn't Stephanie still in Salem lol?
She is? Did they not give her a proper exit?

I shouldn't be surprised.
Nope. Her last scene was telling Dario that Melanie was a bad person. I assume she's upstairs at the pub or something, because they never said she left town.

Kriss4

Well, I love Mary Beth and I'm always glad to see her, so this is excellent news for me!

As far as breaking up Kayla and Steve...that one's harder. I love Steve and Kayla together and it would be hard for me to see them broken up. That's just honest. But a situation where Kayla gets to be in town and participate in some stories? That's right up my alley.

I'm just not sure on the explanation. I'm sure Jack and Jen fans understand the quandry. Happy on one end...to see a much loved character again, but not sure about how the story would be handled if the return was going to be a permanent thing.

Kris

philip&stephanie

darraholic
Mason
Fantastic! I was worried that with Stephanie out of town it would be a while before we saw Kayla again.
The truth is it has never been explained what happened to Stephanie.

Ellie

Shelley Hennig is on "The Secret Circle" now. All of the actors have been tweeting about seeing her face on billboards around LA. So I highly doubt she'd be able to make an appearance on Days.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I'm thinking it will probably be a Christmas/holiday appearance, nothing storyline related. I could be wrong though. They will prob be filming Christmas episodes around that time I'd say

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Are they taping Christmas episodes? Maybe she is back for that?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

philip&stephanie
Sep 8 2011, 08:43 PM
darraholic
Mason
The truth is it has never been explained what happened to Stephanie.
Maybe she's taking a nap with Cassie at the Brady Pub.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 08:28 PM
Glad to hear this! I like that even if they don't have Kayla on the show full-time they still have her come and go like this. Kayla's great, MBE's great, and, frankly, I'd be fine just breaking her and Steve up and having her come back full-time although I'm sure that's not super popular.
Yeah. I actually think that would be the best way to go. I love Patch and Steve/Kayla have a huge following, but I think they should just break them up and have Kayla appear regularly. She definitely seems willing, so why not? They have loads of stuff they could use Kayla for. There's really no chance of getting Stephen Nichols to come back unless he's fired or quits.

CalAggie87

Well, they could have had Jack remain in Salem for Steve, and not break up J/J. They have had Kayla in Salem and S/K were happy and still together. I see no need to break them up. I am sure that they can say Steve was busy, but he wanted to help his brother. It would be interesting to have her help Jack during this time, and have the awkwardness of the past there too. It really makes me excited because it seems like the writers are bringing in people for others' stories. It really looks like Jack will not be imprisoned again, but will have many characters to work opposite. And the same is true for the other characters. Now if they could just take away time from Galen, James and Ali, get rid of Molly and have Adrienne and Justin, and Doug and Julie on more than they have.
Edited by CalAggie87, Sep 8 2011, 08:50 PM.

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Sep 8 2011, 08:32 PM
SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 08:28 PM
I'd be fine just breaking her and Steve up and having her come back full-time although I'm sure that's not super popular.

:hahano:

As popular as John sleeping with Ava Vitale.
JAVA was hot.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8616156&t=8573137
Well, it sucks that Stephen Nichols being on Y&R would keep MBE from having a steady gig on Days when she deserves one. I guess there's nothing wrong with her being like this, as long as she's like officially on recurring status but comes and goes Doug and Julie style. But if people accepted Justin and Jennifer coming back sans Adrienne and Jack, couldn't they accept Kayla doing the same? At least in Kayla's case it would be because Stephen Nichols is not available.

:toetap: Now stop that! Don't you think I've been through enough hell as a Jack and Jennifer fan? I'm also an S&K fan, do you really want me to suffer through another round of "Steve doesn't care about me or our marriage anymore ... I haven't heard from him in months ... I think I'll just divorce him, it's no biggie since I've only loved him about 25 years and could never move on but I'll just dump him now ..." Cue Kayla's medical emergency and Dr. Jonas to the rescue which results in Kayla falling for Saint Daniel and Dr. Grabby Hands declaring Kayla his latest "true love." No thanks! I'm betting that MBE is just back for a short while like before. Guess we'll see.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's got to be more than Christmas. Why would she come for Christmas when her family isn't even there?

Kriss4

Maybe something happens to Caroline?

AHM

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 08:36 PM
I don't think people did accept it. At least they didn't accept the characters breaking up with their other halves. Note that Adrienne and Jack came/are coming back (thank the soap gods). I would love to see Steve too, but Kayla is a pleasant surprise. I'd rather she be involved in ways that don't require her to start telling us how Steve is a big jerk who decided to ditch her to pursue his dream of joining a rock band with his harmonica or something.

I do hope to see Kayla and Jack in scenes together again. They always brought it. I wonder if there's any chance the rape might actually be revisited? That would be gutsy.
Edited by AHM, Sep 8 2011, 09:12 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Kriss4
Sep 8 2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe something happens to Caroline?

Not that this means anything, but Peggy's contract is up in December...

http://sites.google.com/site/jason47days/actor-news

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I'd rather have her in small doses. Steve was always the more interesting character.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

You'd hope they would bring Patsy back too, if they were killing Caroline.

But then again, this is kind of an odd way to hear about MBE.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

AHM
Sep 8 2011, 08:58 PM
I do hope to see Kayla and Jack in scenes together again. They always brought it. I wonder if there's any chance the rape might actually be revisited? That would be gutsy.
Oh, it's going to happen... on THE BAY.

Ellie

I think Christmas is a pretty good theory... as for Caroline, if we hear about a slew of other returns, maybe, but if not I doubt it.

Deidre posted that before the break they were up to Thanksgiving. Sept 22nd would fall right around "Salem Christmas", then.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply