Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WLS: Mary Beth Evans Taping Again on 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 08:01 PM (7,380 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Did somebody say something about Mary Beth coming back? :)

I'm definitely excited, even though I know it's probably just short term and maybe just for Christmas. It will just be nice to see her around town and hopefully interacting with a lot of different people. I'm hopeful they wouldn't bring her back just to be window dressing and that MarDar have at least a little bit of something substantial for her to do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

JDeveraux_91
Sep 8 2011, 08:51 PM
SlyestFox
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8616156&t=8573137
Well, it sucks that Stephen Nichols being on Y&R would keep MBE from having a steady gig on Days when she deserves one. I guess there's nothing wrong with her being like this, as long as she's like officially on recurring status but comes and goes Doug and Julie style. But if people accepted Justin and Jennifer coming back sans Adrienne and Jack, couldn't they accept Kayla doing the same? At least in Kayla's case it would be because Stephen Nichols is not available.

:toetap: Now stop that! Don't you think I've been through enough hell as a Jack and Jennifer fan? I'm also an S&K fan, do you really want me to suffer through another round of "Steve doesn't care about me or our marriage anymore ... I haven't heard from him in months ... I think I'll just divorce him, it's no biggie since I've only loved him about 25 years and could never move on but I'll just dump him now ..." Cue Kayla's medical emergency and Dr. Jonas to the rescue which results in Kayla falling for Saint Daniel and Dr. Grabby Hands declaring Kayla his latest "true love." No thanks! I'm betting that MBE is just back for a short while like before. Guess we'll see.
Exactly. No thanks to another round of that. But it could very well be a short stint, kind of like we've seen recently with her, though I'd like her to be more involved (just not romantically with someone who isn't Steve).
Edited by AHM, Sep 8 2011, 09:21 PM.

AHM

granolagirl
Sep 8 2011, 09:15 PM
AHM
Sep 8 2011, 08:58 PM
I do hope to see Kayla and Jack in scenes together again. They always brought it. I wonder if there's any chance the rape might actually be revisited? That would be gutsy.
Oh, it's going to happen... on THE BAY.
Indeed. It is rather odd that they are playing those roles opposite one another there too. I've been thinking I need to watch The Bay.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Sep 8 2011, 08:43 PM
Well, I love Mary Beth and I'm always glad to see her, so this is excellent news for me!

As far as breaking up Kayla and Steve...that one's harder. I love Steve and Kayla together and it would be hard for me to see them broken up. That's just honest. But a situation where Kayla gets to be in town and participate in some stories? That's right up my alley.

I'm just not sure on the explanation. I'm sure Jack and Jen fans understand the quandry. Happy on one end...to see a much loved character again, but not sure about how the story would be handled if the return was going to be a permanent thing.

Kris

I certainly do get that. But I know for me, as a Jack and Jennifer, is Matt Ashford had gotten a job on another soap after J&J left in 2006 and then Jennifer came on, I'd have less of an issue with them pairing Jennifer with someone else, because I'd know they can't pair her with Jack and it's not the show's fault. I thus would look at a new love interest for Jennifer in a different way and would be less resentful.

Frankly, I don't think it's that Kayla couldn't effectively be paired with someone else, I think it's that they've never honestly tried. I mean Jack was never supposed to be a real pairing, and Shane? Pshh, who were they kidding? And that's it! I'd like to see them attempt a pairing with someone else. But then again, I've always been someone who's thought the sum of Steve and Kayla was less than their parts. I like Steve, I like Kayla, but I'm meh on Steve-and-Kayla.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't want something to happen between Steve and Kayla offscreen. I think that sucks with any couple. The drama should happen ONSCREEN.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

AHM
Sep 8 2011, 09:27 PM
granolagirl
AHM
I do hope to see Kayla and Jack in scenes together again. They always brought it. I wonder if there's any chance the rape might actually be revisited? That would be gutsy.
Indeed. It is rather odd that they are playing those roles opposite one another there too. I've been thinking I need to watch The Bay.
If you want to see an alternate universe where Kayla has had a dozen lovers and Jack fathered a child with her through the rape, went to prison, and is even now deliciously evil, you do!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 8 2011, 09:17 PM
I think Christmas is a pretty good theory... as for Caroline, if we hear about a slew of other returns, maybe, but if not I doubt it.

Deidre posted that before the break they were up to Thanksgiving. Sept 22nd would fall right around "Salem Christmas", then.
Am I a horrible, terrible person for wanting them to kill Caroline? I really just feel like it's time for her to go. She's one superfluous rarely shows up cast member too many, and I think with the changing of the guard in Maggie taking over as the head of the Hortons, it's time for someone else to take over as head of the Bradys.

What I'd have happen is have Caroline die, Roman take over the pub and become the new Shawn, and then Abe (when he loses the mayoral election) get his old job as Commissioner back.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Sep 8 2011, 09:31 PM
AHM
Sep 8 2011, 09:27 PM
granolagirl
AHM
If you want to see an alternate universe where Kayla has had a dozen lovers and Jack fathered a child with her through the rape, went to prison, and is even now deliciously evil, you do!
I feel like I'd like The Bay more if these were indeed the characters getting the focus. Instead it's too much shit about her shitty-ass younger son who can't act his way out of a bag of any sort of material.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

AHM
Sep 8 2011, 09:19 PM
JDeveraux_91
Sep 8 2011, 08:51 PM
SlyestFox
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8616156&t=8573137
Well, it sucks that Stephen Nichols being on Y&R would keep MBE from having a steady gig on Days when she deserves one. I guess there's nothing wrong with her being like this, as long as she's like officially on recurring status but comes and goes Doug and Julie style. But if people accepted Justin and Jennifer coming back sans Adrienne and Jack, couldn't they accept Kayla doing the same? At least in Kayla's case it would be because Stephen Nichols is not available.

:toetap: Now stop that! Don't you think I've been through enough hell as a Jack and Jennifer fan? I'm also an S&K fan, do you really want me to suffer through another round of "Steve doesn't care about me or our marriage anymore ... I haven't heard from him in months ... I think I'll just divorce him, it's no biggie since I've only loved him about 25 years and could never move on but I'll just dump him now ..." Cue Kayla's medical emergency and Dr. Jonas to the rescue which results in Kayla falling for Saint Daniel and Dr. Grabby Hands declaring Kayla his latest "true love." No thanks! I'm betting that MBE is just back for a short while like before. Guess we'll see.
Exactly. No thanks to another round of that. But it could very well be a short stint, kind of like we've seen recently with her, though I'd like her to be more involved (just not romantically with someone who isn't Steve).
Well, it doesn't have to be just like that. Frankly, I always thought their was material to be mined from the fact that, sixteen years later maybe Steve and Kayla weren't as compatible as they once were. They'd grown into middle-aged separately with different experiences and become different people. I didn't like how, as soon as Steve got his memory back, they seemed to comfortably settle in to their old rhythm. That wouldn't happen. So I'd buy an explanation that now that the excitement of DiMera nonsense and crazed ex-lovers and new babies had settled down, Steve and Kayla decided they didn't work anymore. Maybe Steve, upset that he's missed so much, wants to be constantly going out and experiencing new things and living a life of discovery, while Kayla is much more settled and doesn't want them to be like how they were when they were kids again, because she's grown past it.

I dunno, something like that. They could come up with something true to the characters that doesn't just make Steve into an OTT asshole and have Kayla boning the first guy she sees. And something like that leaves room for Steve to come back when and if SN wants and them work it out.

esp13
Member Avatar

That potential story would be fine if it actually played out onscreen. But it's not good if it plays out offscreen and Kayla just shows up having split from Steve. If MBE were being put on contract, then I'd understand if they felt they had to split them up. But, if she's just recurring here and there and coming for "visits" then there is no need. Sure, it's a little ridiculous that Steve is never in town with her, but nothing that people can't get past.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 09:33 PM
I feel like I'd like The Bay more if these were indeed the characters getting the focus. Instead it's too much shit about her shitty-ass younger son who can't act his way out of a bag of any sort of material.
If anyone is trying to get into THE BAY, I'd recommend chapters 3 and 4 from last season for this reason. Chapters 1 and 2, they were getting their feet under them. FAR FROM THE BAY had some great cameos (Ilene Kristen, Anna Holbrook), but as you say, too much Pete. Chapters 3 and 4 had better production values, plus Matt Ashford. I'm hoping for that direction when the show starts up again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

If they're going to do some kind of Steve and Kayla separate" thing, it would be hard to have it happen since Steve isn't around to play it out. At least if it's some kind of long-term thing. Now, if Steve and Kayla are having some issue and Kayla needs a little space and someone familiar to talk to about it, that's fine with me. But a real separation? I don't think they handled Jack and Jennifer's separation well, so...

Of course, that separation was handled under a different team, too.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

AND she also will be doing a guest spot on BODY OF PROOF, which is set to air later this month.

This woman is BUSY! Love it!
Edited by NavJLee8785, Sep 8 2011, 10:04 PM.

CalAggie87

Not that it means anything, coming from the mouth of Corday, but he did list Caroline in his interview. And unless we read that Patsy was also scheduled to return then I think there is not a death. And would they kill someone off before Christmas. I read how folks hated the depressing stuff which aired last year before Christmas. I would think a happy Christmas would be something DarMar (or is MarDar) would put out, they need to make the fans happy. Though I would not mind if she were killed off. Maggie and Victor seem to be much more interesting than Caroline and Victor have been. Though it would hit Sami hard, who will watch after her litter.

Of course were Dena around I am sure it would be a health issue, Doc Pervie would treat Kayla and dump Jennifer. Then there would be a cat fight over Doc Icky, and then Jennifer would turn to prostitution, and drugs.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Casey
Sep 8 2011, 09:07 PM
Kriss4
Sep 8 2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe something happens to Caroline?

Not that this means anything, but Peggy's contract is up in December...

http://sites.google.com/site/jason47days/actor-news
:o and she's now inhabiting the dressing room that use to be inhabited by not one but two Days actors who were out after their contracts expired.....lol....seriously...it is a possibility I guess.

It's conceivable that maybe Peggy wants out......she is getting up there in age and like JM who's expressed an interest in probably retiring you never know if maybe the new changes she feels won't be good for her so she'd rather be gone, who knows.....

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Good to hear!

ShaneDOOLFan

her facebook is saying it is for a reoccurring role and that she starts on the 22nd...hmm

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 8 2011, 10:14 PM
her facebook is saying it is for a reoccurring role and that she starts on the 22nd...hmm
Recurring and not guest? Hmmm... interesting.

Ellie

nocturnalblondie
Sep 8 2011, 10:17 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 8 2011, 10:14 PM
Recurring and not guest? Hmmm... interesting.
Her facebook is run by fans, correct? If so they probably just posted the info from this thread. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Kyrai

SlyestFox
Sep 8 2011, 09:28 PM
Kriss4
Sep 8 2011, 08:43 PM
Well, I love Mary Beth and I'm always glad to see her, so this is excellent news for me!

As far as breaking up Kayla and Steve...that one's harder. I love Steve and Kayla together and it would be hard for me to see them broken up. That's just honest. But a situation where Kayla gets to be in town and participate in some stories? That's right up my alley.

I'm just not sure on the explanation. I'm sure Jack and Jen fans understand the quandry. Happy on one end...to see a much loved character again, but not sure about how the story would be handled if the return was going to be a permanent thing.

Kris

I certainly do get that. But I know for me, as a Jack and Jennifer, is Matt Ashford had gotten a job on another soap after J&J left in 2006 and then Jennifer came on, I'd have less of an issue with them pairing Jennifer with someone else, because I'd know they can't pair her with Jack and it's not the show's fault. I thus would look at a new love interest for Jennifer in a different way and would be less resentful.

Frankly, I don't think it's that Kayla couldn't effectively be paired with someone else, I think it's that they've never honestly tried. I mean Jack was never supposed to be a real pairing, and Shane? Pshh, who were they kidding? And that's it! I'd like to see them attempt a pairing with someone else. But then again, I've always been someone who's thought the sum of Steve and Kayla was less than their parts. I like Steve, I like Kayla, but I'm meh on Steve-and-Kayla.
I love Steve, and I enjoy Kayla. I rooted hugely for them when they first got together, but I was also so-so on them as a couple after they finally got together.

I don't see why Kayla can't come back and work at the hospital and have story without Steve without it being done like Jack and Jennifer. There are reasons Steve might have to be gone for long periods. We have global sourcers who are often gone for long periods of time while their families stay here. So long as she doesn't get added to Dr. Dan's belt or in any kind of cheap fling, I'd love her back on staff at the hospital and back in her family's lives.

I do wish Steve could come back too at some point. With Jack back, we'd have Adrienne, Steve, and Jack together again also. Although, if SN is happy on Y&R, I'm happy for him. I don't watch Y&R, but he looked great in a pic I saw of him. He's talented and deserves to be treated better than he was on Days the last times I saw him. Course, that goes for a lot of folks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply