Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WLS: Mary Beth Evans Taping Again on 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 08:01 PM (7,320 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 8 2011, 10:21 PM
nocturnalblondie
Sep 8 2011, 10:17 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 8 2011, 10:14 PM
her facebook is saying it is for a reoccurring role and that she starts on the 22nd...hmm
Recurring and not guest? Hmmm... interesting.
Her facebook is run by fans, correct? If so they probably just posted the info from this thread. I wouldn't read anything into it.
MBE doesn't have a fanclub per se, but her facebook is run by somebody who is authorized by MBE to run it. Stuff doesn't get posted there without MBE's approval and usually comes straight from Mary Beth herself. If it's on her facebook page, it's legit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

esp13
Sep 8 2011, 10:25 PM
Ellie
nocturnalblondie
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 8 2011, 10:14 PM
her facebook is saying it is for a reoccurring role and that she starts on the 22nd...hmm
Recurring and not guest? Hmmm... interesting.
Her facebook is run by fans, correct? If so they probably just posted the info from this thread. I wouldn't read anything into it.
MBE doesn't have a fanclub per se, but her facebook is run by somebody who is authorized by MBE to run it. Stuff doesn't get posted there without MBE's approval and usually comes straight from Mary Beth herself. If it's on her facebook page, it's legit.
Do you have the link? Thanks!

CalAggie87

This looks like the correct FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-Beth-Evans/131194536155

Ellie

Thanks, and thanks Esp13! Wasn't she on recurring anyway? My point is just that I don't think this post divulges any more info than we already knew, other than that she's coming back for more than one episode.

esp13
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 8 2011, 10:27 PM
esp13
Sep 8 2011, 10:25 PM
Ellie
nocturnalblondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Do you have the link? Thanks!
Here's the link to her Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-Beth-Evans/131194536155

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

HOORAY!!!

Ellie

I think the issue is that we just don't know how Marlene and Darrell handle these types of returns yet. There are a few approaches... they could have her there for a phone call to Sami, they could decide to bring in 'old friends' for Christmas, or they could decide to bring back whatever players are needed for a particular story. We know how Dena did things - random and without reason, for the most part. But we have yet to see Marlene and Darrell's approach, and I think once we do know what MBE is back for, it will probably help us predict what will happen with future 'recurring returns'.

esp13
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 8 2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks, and thanks Esp13! Wasn't she on recurring anyway? My point is just that I don't think this post divulges any more info than we already knew, other than that she's coming back for more than one episode.
Oh, I agree that it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I just wanted to make the point that her Facebook page is "official." It's a legit source for information.

Ellie

esp13
Sep 8 2011, 10:55 PM
Ellie
Sep 8 2011, 10:31 PM
Oh, I agree that it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I just wanted to make the point that her Facebook page is "official." It's a legit source for information.
Understood - thanks!! :)

Andre

OMG! Maybe she can have as much story and screen time as the other recurring cast members!!

Ya.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

ok can she not come back proceeding to let everyone know that they are all wrong and she knows best, because I will start preparing to ignore now, if so. Her mother doesn't need another stroke.

dylan76
Member Avatar

With my Carly gone, who is Kayla going to be a nasty bitch to now? Kidding, I love Kayla. Unless she's being mean to my Carly.

Silversprings
Member Avatar

Wooo Hooooooo :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Love Kayla !!!! :yahoo:

This is great news, cant wait to see her back in Salem.

I wish they would put her on contract. :pray:

Keith
Member Avatar

Yeah, I don't get the call to have her split from Steve. She could be just like Adrienne circa 2007. Living in Salem with her entire family, but we just don't see Steve. A little annoying, I guess, but unless there's drama and a story to play, its silly. It clearly didn't work for Justin and Adrienne and its hard to compare it to J/J since they are contract. Plus, both of them have a history of constant break-ups. There's no precedent, beyond them killing Steve off again. I agree that the 15-year time could have created a rift, I just don't see it actually being played.
Edited by Keith, Sep 9 2011, 07:28 AM.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 9 2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I don't get the call to have her split from Steve. She could be just like Adrienne circa 2007. Living in Salem with her entire family, but we just don't see Steve. A little annoying, I guess, but unless there's drama and a story to play, its silly. It clearly didn't work for Justin and Adrienne and its hard to compare it to J/J since they are contract. Plus, both of them have a history of constant break-ups. There's no precedent, beyond them killing Steve off again. I agree that the 15-year time could have created a rift, I just don't see it actually being played.
Yeah, I want to be excited about this news.

I just can't be as excited as I want to be knowing how this show usually does off screen break ups,. IF that is the way they go to explain this. I know we have yet to see MarDar's work, so I'll reserve judgement about what this means for the legendary duo. I personally could accept them being apart if it means we get one of them back. Hell, I felt the same about Jenn until the story started playing and we realized they were going to throw Jack under the bus just to do it. It's about story, not about the couple.

OK, so make Kayla and indenpendant and strong minded doctor with that Brady stuborness and heart, and we'll talk. If that is why they need her, to add to the canvas and populate the hospital, I'm game.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm not sure why people think they are going to break up Steve and Kayla offscreen this time when they didn't do it the other times MBE returned -- and that was with Dena at the helm. I have more faith in MarDar doing right by the characters than I did Dena.

From what I can tell, it sounds like Kayla is coming home around Christmas and either Steve is going to be with her and never seen, or there will be some reason he couldn't be there. My guess is that if the recurring becomes a regular thing, they will just keep having Kayla make trips to town like she did last year.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 9 2011, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure why people think they are going to break up Steve and Kayla offscreen this time when they didn't do it the other times MBE returned -- and that was with Dena at the helm. I have more faith in MarDar doing right by the characters than I did Dena.

From what I can tell, it sounds like Kayla is coming home around Christmas and either Steve is going to be with her and never seen, or there will be some reason he couldn't be there. My guess is that if the recurring becomes a regular thing, they will just keep having Kayla make trips to town like she did last year.
I don't think people do. As long as MBE's just recurring and only showing up for a little while every few months or more, then there's certainly no reason to break Steve and Kayla up. It's more just a matter of if they were ever to bring her back full-time, it's something they'd have to do.

I just think it's unfortunate that SN having another job would keep them from having MBE on full-time if they and she wanted.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Keith
Maybe it's me, but I hate those "Oh, they're here, they're just in the other room!" things. I thought it awkward and weird with Mickey and with Justin as well. I know with Mickey I found it a little insulting that they thought his was a character so superfluous that we could have Maggie always saying he's out of town and we wouldn't notice he was gone. It's just all such a stupid charade, and having a family that's in town that Kayla can't even interact with would be extremely limiting.

I'd like Kayla back full time, but not if it has to be in that. Once you get there, what's the point? Bope, Jarlena, J&J - all have broken up before and gotten back together. I don't see why Steve and Kayla can't do the same, since obviously when/if SN becomes available they'd obviously bring him back and pair them up again. It'd be one thing if SN was available and they just didn't want to bring him back, but if the reason Steve's not on the show is that he can't be, I wouldn't begrudge MBE the work or Kayla the opportunity to be in Salem again. I don't think she needs to be pigeon-holed into Steve's wife or bust.
Edited by SlyestFox, Sep 9 2011, 11:51 AM.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Would be great to see Kim/Shane kids onscreen...Bring back some more brady's!

esp13
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Sep 9 2011, 11:48 AM
Keith
Maybe it's me, but I hate those "Oh, they're here, they're just in the other room!" things. I thought it awkward and weird with Mickey and with Justin as well. I know with Mickey I found it a little insulting that they thought his was a character so superfluous that we could have Maggie always saying he's out of town and we wouldn't notice he was gone. It's just all such a stupid charade, and having a family that's in town that Kayla can't even interact with would be extremely limiting.

I'd like Kayla back full time, but not if it has to be in that. Once you get there, what's the point? Bope, Jarlena, J&J - all have broken up before and gotten back together. I don't see why Steve and Kayla can't do the same, since obviously when/if SN becomes available they'd obviously bring him back and pair them up again. It'd be one thing if SN was available and they just didn't want to bring him back, but if the reason Steve's not on the show is that he can't be, I wouldn't begrudge MBE the work or Kayla the opportunity to be in Salem again. I don't think she needs to be pigeon-holed into Steve's wife or bust.
But I don't think it's a matter of being pigeon-holed as Steve's wife or breaking them up offscreen. I don't see why those are the only options. There are lots of things to do with the character that don't have to be about who she's paired off with. Whether they use some excuse that Steve could come with her to visit or have him in the next room, the only limits placed on the character by that is that she can't get involved romantically with somebody else. She can still be a friend, sibling, daugher, mother (if Stephanie were recast), aunt, doctor, etc. She's not going to drive the story that way, but she can still be a strong supporting character with some good material to work with.

They did it with Jennifer before she got involved with Dr. Dan. She was helping Hope, and Carly, dealing with her daughter, etc. And that was under a much suckier writer. I think they can do something similar for Kayla's recurring appearances.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply