Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Maggie Turns Down Victor; 9/20 Issue
Topic Started: Sep 9 2011, 09:49 AM (792 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Please link to DR.

Victor again asks Maggie if she would like to continue living in the Kiriakis mansion after she recovers from her gunshot wound. "[The offer] is a shock to Maggie," says Suzanne Rogers (Maggie). "She doesn't need anything from Victor; Maggie is her own woman. Once Mickey passed away, Maggie knew that she had to take care of herself. I think that was part of the attraction that Victor had for her - she wasn't trying to get anything from him. They all manipulated him in some way."

Rogers believes that the romance with Victor has been a perfect extention of Maggie's personal growth. "When Mickey died, he hadn't been on the canvas for awhile," the actress points out. "So it's been a long time that Maggie has been without male companionship. After Mickey died, she focused all her love on the younger people in her life: Melanie, Nathan, Chloe and Mia. She took them into her home and took care of them. Then, all of a sudden, Maggie realized that no one was taking care of her. So with Victor, it was nice to have someone who took her arm or kissed her."

So with Maggie and Victor's romance in full bloom, Maggie explains to her beau that in many ways she's still an old-fashioned girl, one who doesn't believe in living with someone without being married. Once Maggie is fully recovered, she intends to move back home.

Will Victor make a counter offer to keep Maggie under his roof?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Mason
Sep 9 2011, 09:49 AM
Please link to DR.

Victor again asks Maggie if she would like to continue living in the Kiriakis mansion after she recovers from her gunshot wound. "[The offer] is a shock to Maggie," says Suzanne Rogers (Maggie). "She doesn't need anything from Victor; Maggie is her own woman. Once Mickey passed away, Maggie knew that she had to take care of herself. I think that was part of the attraction that Victor had for her - she wasn't trying to get anything from him. They all manipulated him in some way."

Rogers believes that the romance with Victor has been a perfect extention of Maggie's personal growth. "When Mickey died, he hadn't been on the canvas for awhile," the actress points out. "So it's been a long time that Maggie has been without male companionship. After Mickey died, she focused all her love on the younger people in her life: Melanie, Nathan, Chloe and Mia. She took them into her home and took care of them. Then, all of a sudden, Maggie realized that no one was taking care of her. So with Victor, it was nice to have someone who took her arm or kissed her."

So with Maggie and Victor's romance in full bloom, Maggie explains to her beau that in many ways she's still an old-fashioned girl, one who doesn't believe in living with someone without being married. Once Maggie is fully recovered, she intends to move back home.

Will Victor make a counter offer to keep Maggie under his roof?
MAGIC is :wub: :wub: :wub: Cue the proposal :wub2:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I think Magic is wrong in every sense of the world. I want Bill to come in and sweep Maggie off her feet.

Helpless Romantic

Aliaron
Sep 9 2011, 04:44 PM
I think Magic is wrong in every sense of the world. I want Bill to come in and sweep Maggie off her feet.
I would see Bill more with Kate as played by the actor seen for Alice's memorial than Maggie and IMO MAGIC are not anymore wrong then Stefano and Kate who had her son almost killed. Yet she stays with him.Not saying I dislike State either :) But Bill would be my choice for Kate if not Stefano. Victor from my recollection has not done anything but respect Maggie and even worried that he wasn't good enough for her after Mickey. Bottom line Maggie needs love as much as any other character on the show. IMO she was neglected to long after the original Mickey left and the failed recasts and as SR says Victor gives it to her after she was focussing on others and again she was not blackmailed like Kate was at first though she grew to love him(Stefano). MAGIC on the other hand have progressed slowly and I have loved every minute of it. So I look forward to more Victor and Maggie they are sweet together. I cannot wait to see what the new PTB do with them but they are a joy to watch.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Sep 9 2011, 05:05 PM.

ProphecyGirl

Thanks for the article. Love them together and love when SR graces my television screen. One of the few good things that happened during Higley's tenure.

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Sep 9 2011, 04:44 PM
That would be too weird when you consider the history between Bill and Mickey. Bill and Mickey both fell in love with Laura, Bill left. Mickey married her, not knowning that Bill raped Laura resulting in Michael. Bill and Laura eventually fell back in love when the information comes out but Mickey loses his memory and ended up on Maggie's farm. The pair of Maggie and Bill would be so wrong on many many levels.

I'm bothered by Maggie's insistant on being married or more so the reason. She cheated on Mickey! She allowed pre-martial sex in her house when Melanie and Phillip were there, right? She would be fine with sharing a room discreetly with Victor. Jennifer wouldn't be o.k. with her Aunt Maggie doing that. But Aunt Maggie doesn't have sex, right? :wink:

A more realistic reason to have Maggie want to get marry to Victor is for health reasons. She wants Victor to have power over her health care choices and not Hope.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply