Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Ian Buchanan had lunch with Marlene, Darrell and Greg
Topic Started: Sep 9 2011, 12:43 PM (6,567 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/more-days-casting

More DAYS Casting?

Posted Image

By SOD Posted: Sep 9, 2011

Spotted at Spago: Soap vet Ian Buchanan (ex-James, B&B; ex-Duke, GH et al) lunching with DAYS's Co-Executive Producer Greg Meng and Head Writers Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. in the L.A. hotspot. Hmmm...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ah... so he's the mysterious stranger who's coming to Salem in February.

I approve!

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

He'd qualify as "dashing" to me.

Marlene tweeted about lunch with a dashing stranger, and I don't think he's been on DOOL?

Ellie

Kenny
Sep 9 2011, 12:44 PM

I approve!
Didn't Marlene tweet about "Dinner"? And that was a week or two ago - I'm not sure it's the same person.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Very interesting!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Ellie
Sep 9 2011, 12:45 PM
Kenny

I approve!
Didn't Marlene tweet about "Dinner"? And that was a week or two ago - I'm not sure it's the same person.
I agree....that was 2 weeks ago, and she said dinner and didn't mention Meng....my bet this is someone else...he can pass as Bill Horton? Maybe they can't get JM back
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

OMG, they want actors.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Damn! MarDar are certainly doing a lot of wining and dining if this isn't related to her previous tweet.

My gut instinct tells me it's one and the same - and he would definitely qualify as a dashing stranger. I don't know much about his work - but isn't he Australian? I wonder if he'll be in some sort of story with Quinn.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Oh, good God, no. Can't stand him.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow! TOTALLY intrigued by this. Ian Buchanan is one of the best male actors in the business....DAYS would be VERY lucky to snag him.

He could totally work as a Bill Horton recast....I do hope though that this is not the actor that Marlene was talking about 2 weeks ago....I was hoping that was BD for Lucas.

CalAggie87

He seems too young for Bill. I really hope that Jack's and John's problems are not due to Stefano. Maybe he is some new high powered person who causes problems in Salem. I might work that he is Quinn's father?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Kenny

I approve!
I think you are right. I bet this is what the tweet was about. And he certainly fits the description. If LK is going to be happy, I wonder if he's headed for Kate.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Even if he is not Bill Horton, I would love for him to be a new villain on the show....older-aged villains FTW!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

CalAggie87
Sep 9 2011, 12:54 PM
He seems too young for Bill. I really hope that Jack's and John's problems are not due to Stefano. Maybe he is some new high powered person who causes problems in Salem. I might work that he is Quinn's father?
If he's Australian that could be a possibility especially if he's tied into what occurred with Jack

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 9 2011, 12:52 PM
Damn! MarDar are certainly doing a lot of wining and dining if this isn't related to her previous tweet.

My gut instinct tells me it's one and the same - and he would definitely qualify as a dashing stranger. I don't know much about his work - but isn't he Australian? I wonder if he'll be in some sort of story with Quinn.
Yea, I think this is the same guy too. MMP didn't mention Greg Meng being there, but she didn't mention DRT being there, either. They sure are bringing on quite a bit of people, but I do hope this works out and they are able to get him on board, if that's what the plan is.

Thomson
Member Avatar

This is what I call good casting, I hope that will they snag him up. I can see him as Bill Horton but I think John Martin would be a better fit. Bring him !

DOOL is hiring a lot of talented actors lately (Sarah Brown, Tamara Tunie). I really hope that they use them well.
Edited by Thomson, Sep 9 2011, 01:05 PM.

maverick
Member Avatar

Yeah, this definitely qualifies as 'dashing' in my book.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I really hope he does join the show. Ian Buchanan is just the epitome of awesome. I absolutely loved him on Twin Peaks.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Did Ian and Lauren work together on B&B?
Edited by bstreis, Sep 9 2011, 01:17 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

bstreis
Sep 9 2011, 01:15 PM
Didn't Ian and Lauren work together on B&B?
if they did then he can be the mysterious stranger who she'll be happy about....I didn't follow LK back then...

edited to add: Based on this: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0118011/filmoseries#tt0092325
it doesn't appear that LK and Ian crossed paths...however it appears he was on Days before for about a week during the Cruise of Deception as Lord Sheraton..might play into the story somehow if they bring him back as that character.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 9 2011, 01:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply