Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Homeland
Topic Started: Sep 13 2011, 11:12 PM (5,375 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 17 2011, 12:21 PM
Damn! Watched the first eppy lastnight and I'm HOOKED.
Yeah, it only gets better!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Dec 17 2011, 01:55 PM
darraholic
Dec 17 2011, 12:21 PM
Damn! Watched the first eppy lastnight and I'm HOOKED.
Yeah, it only gets better!
So, so, so much better..This show is fucking amazing..Can't wait for the finale tonight..It's going to be epic.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The finale was decent. Not as epic as I was hoping it would be, but it was still very good. I was a little disappointed that nothing happened with Brody's bomb. I didn't expect him to actually die, but I thought the bomb would go off and Brody would miraculously survive somehow. Also, I thought we would find out who the mole is in the finale but apparently they're saving that for next season.

Brody's daughter knows he's working for Nazir, right? She could hear the sound of panic in his voice when she called him and Carrie flat out told her he's a terrorist. There can't be any doubt in her mind now that he's working for the enemy.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

For the sake of a second season with the same cast, I thought this was a great finale..It would of been amazing had Brody blown up the vice president, but how could they of done that without him blowing up himself..This show set itself up very well for a second season...I think the actress that plays the daughter and Damien Lewis were the definite MVP's this episode..That phone call in the bunker was some powerful stuff..Also, loved the that Saul got his way...Mandy Patinkin is great in this role..

The end with Carrie remembering Brody knew Isa was a great cliffhanger...We didn't know about Isa that episode, so it slipped right by us all...Great show and fantastic season...I'm thinking this will win the Emmy later this year..

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I liked the finale too, but yeah it would have been more cool if Brody blew himself up.

I just feel so sorry Carrie - its like she gets deeper and deeper into a hole each passing episode.

Still, great show and excited for Season 2!
Edited by Southofsoap, Dec 19 2011, 03:54 PM.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Just got around to finishing the finale and there were so many good scenes. The phone call between Brody and Dana right after Carrie got arrested was my favorite, and the Brody/Tom meeting.

I was surprised that Carrie wasn't upset with Saul for telling the police she was unstable and should be removed when she was right about Brody! The last scene hit me hard. So well acted, I'm really liking Claire Danes in this role.
Edited by fenderbabe, Dec 20 2011, 01:03 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

All this talk of Dexter got me thinking of Homeland and lo and behold! A first trailer for Season 2 :)

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

First official trailer for Season 2

Can't f'ing wait.

Kenny
Member Avatar

That looks amazing!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Amazing..Crazy how many things I'd forgotten since the finale. Forgot about the video and the vest. Love this show...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Apparently the first 20 minutes are available online somewhere. I'll wait for the full episode because that watching just 20 minutes and wanting more will be just torture for me.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Spoilers for the first two episodes...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just watched the season premiere and loved it. It got off to a bit of a slow start but by the end of the episode I was on the edge of my seat. And that trailer at the end? Amazing!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I agree, it started slow, but it was back to form by the end of the episode.

The critics have seen the first 2/3 episodes and many give it 10/10 http://www.metacritic.com/tv/homeland/season-2
I've never seen so much positivity for a show.

I wonder if we will find out who the mole is though? No mention in the premiere of it...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So glad this show is back..I expect the ratings to be huge as many sampled the show after it swept the Emmys. I loved the daughter's muslim slip up and the reveal to Brody's wife. Also, I really liked how they got Carrie back into the action. Claire Danes really can do no wrong. This season looks amazing.

Ejole Lifer

The first episode was a slow burner, but just like last season it's leading to something big. Loving the new characters. Can't believe Brody is up for VP already or at least possibly. I thought they very believably integrated Carrie back to the CIA. I was wondering how they were going to do that.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Holy fucking crap. Now that's a cliffhanger. This episode was fantastic from start to finish. Best show on TV.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Holy shit. Talk about a game changer! This show is perfection.

Ejole Lifer

Just amazing and it's only the second episode. What will Saul do with the video? And don't get me started on Carrie going on that search and almost getting killed, but she came up with the goods. I love her.
Edited by Ejole Lifer, Oct 10 2012, 11:23 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny- thoughts on episode 2?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply