Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Homeland
Topic Started: Sep 13 2011, 11:12 PM (5,213 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Dec 13 2012, 06:11 PM
I think they are setting it up for Brody and Carrie to go on the run next season whilst being chased by Quinn/Estes. If Saul is around, he will help out in the background I guess.
If they don't kill Brody, they will definitely do this. And it would be great. The CIA could use Brody's family to try to pull him out of hiding.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
I think they are setting it up for Brody and Carrie to go on the run next season whilst being chased by Quinn/Estes. If Saul is around, he will help out in the background I guess.
I'd actually love that!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Dec 13 2012, 06:23 PM
Southofsoap
If they don't kill Brody, they will definitely do this. And it would be great. The CIA could use Brody's family to try to pull him out of hiding.
I never considered the option that they would really kill Brody. But anything is possible on this show!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Just watched last sunday's episode and this show just always keeps me glued to the screen.

The Brody & Jessica scenes in the car were amazing. And I was on the edge of my seat when Nazir was chasing Carrie in the tunnels.

It is going to suck waiting in between seasons.

King
Member Avatar

There is also the question of WHO in the CIA is...was...helping Abu Nazir!

And then there is Roya....

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I have no idea who the mole is. And I love that. I hope the producers shock us.

And I really thought Carrie had broken through to Roya.

King
Member Avatar

I would love it - and hate it at the same time - if Saul is the mole.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Dec 6 2011, 02:33 AM
Amazing episode tonight..That explosion scene was so badass and really well done...And really graphic..I swear Homeland, Revenge and American Horror story duke it out every week for my favorite new show..This has been such a strong season for new dramas..
You posted this a little over a year ago, and, I'm replying to it now. LOL.

The suicide bomb suitcase scene was the most flawlessly executed sequence I have ever watched on television. It was PERFECT!! The buildup to the bomb going off was so intense & everything just came together so seamlessly. I was just in awe. Favorite TV scene ever.

I reached the end of season one right now and I can't wait to start watching Season 2 after I get some sleep. I think I'm going to watch it all later today because I'm so eager to catch up & see what ends up happening.

Some moments I'll never forget. The "I suck cock, and I love it! Yummy yummy yummy yummy" line from Al Zahrani. Oh...MG :lol:

Brody & Jessica's first night together since he got back. That was freaking deep.

The scene where Lynn Reed (played by the fantastic Brianna Brown) was killed in the parking lot. I seriously did not see that sh!t coming. I was DEVASTATED!

The aftermath of the drone attack when Brody was going through the wreckage trying to find Issa.

Walker trying to shoot the Vice President. Just that little moment where the camera was focused on him aiming the gun and there was this subtle ringing sound playing lowly in the background then suddenly everything went silent; My heart was pounding SO freaking hard & then BOOM! Liz Gaines gets assassinated instead & all hell breaks loose.

And ofcourse the holding room scene, post Brody fixing his bomb vest. Everything about that moment was breathtaking.

I stopped reading through the thread once talk of season 2 commenced. I need to be surprised, I'm sure it was great ;-) can't wait to be all caught up!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Season two is going to blow your fucking mind.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Dec 15 2012, 07:09 AM
I reached the end of season one right now and I can't wait to start watching Season 2 after I get some sleep. I think I'm going to watch it all later today because I'm so eager to catch up & see what ends up happening.
The finale is tonight! Are you all caught up yet?

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 16 2012, 06:42 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
Dec 15 2012, 07:09 AM
The finale is tonight! Are you all caught up yet?
I have 4 more episodes to watch & I'm recording the finale. I will be all caught up by the end of the night!! :)

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OMG. NO! Just...NO!

I didn't like that ending at ALL! It was preposterous! I would've rather it been revealed Brody was still a terrorist & he weaseled his way into escaping after the explosion. Thank GOD Carrie ended up not going on the run with him; All while they were on their way to the boarder I kept thinking "Omg, I cannot watch a season 3 w/them on the run together." I think that would've just been a complete disaster.

I mean...seriously though. I just think this is all wrong. My mouth dropped when Brody's suicide tape showed up on the news. The f*ck?!

I think I have to watch it again. I was a little confused w/Saul. Were we to believe he was behind this or is that still unknown?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Dec 17 2012, 03:40 AM
OMG. NO! Just...NO!

I didn't like that ending at ALL! It was preposterous! I would've rather it been revealed Brody was still a terrorist & he weaseled his way into escaping after the explosion. Thank GOD Carrie ended up not going on the run with him; All while they were on their way to the boarder I kept thinking "Omg, I cannot watch a season 3 w/them on the run together." I think that would've just been a complete disaster.

I mean...seriously though. I just think this is all wrong. My mouth dropped when Brody's suicide tape showed up on the news. The f*ck?!

I think I have to watch it again. I was a little confused w/Saul. Were we to believe he was behind this or is that still unknown?
How can you be 100% sure that Brody did not plan the whole thing? We never got to see the whole encounter of when Abu Naazier kidnapped him and what transpired - only a part of it - Naazier could have filled him in on all the parts of the plan, convinced Brody to partake in it and Brody used that CIA twit Carrie to inadvertently help. Roya was just a decoy in any outcome - kinda brutal that.

About Saul, he was saying Kadish, the jewish prayer recited by mourners. It was in Aramaic/Hebrew, not arabic. If he is the mole, that was not a clue to reveal it.

Anyway I thought the finale was good. I even felt sorry for Dana, which I never do lol.

Edited by Southofsoap, Dec 17 2012, 04:11 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh

I was a little confused w/Saul. Were we to believe he was behind this...?
I don't think so but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. It's a little too convenient how everything worked out so perfectly for him. Not only is he finally rid of Walden and Estes, but he managed to keep Brody alive (a cause he fought a little too hard for) and he's now the top ranking official in the CIA. It definitely makes him look suspicious.
AllmyDaysatGh

My mouth dropped when Brody's suicide tape showed up on the news. The f*ck?!
Speaking of which, wasn't Saul the only one who had that tape before it was leaked to the media? I'm sure copies were made, but I can't imagine that anyone other than top ranking officials (like Saul and Estes) would've had them. I bet Saul leaked the tape to frame Brody and that's why he fought so hard to keep him alive. You can't frame a dead man.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Some more thoughts.

Even though I hated the last episode, overall I thought it was another spectacular season for the show. I loved it more on the front end. My favorite scene was from the first episode when Carrie was trying to escape from the Lebanese policeman that was following her. That was freaking intense. A close second would be the scene where Carrie was running from those Lebanese guys after she fearlessly rummaged through that apartment...I was out of breath by the end of that scene! LOL.

I had to take a small break from the show after the episode where Brody killed the tailor

I think Carrie/Brody are really sweet together but I think its soo much better when Carrie hates him. I really hope that somehow happens next season.

When Carrie & the FBI guy found that secret hidden room in the tunnels I found it unbelievable that no one was around for backup. Where were all the searching guys when Carrie was running for her life, screaming when Nazier was after her?! They ending up popping around just at the right time which I guess added to the drama but that was soo unrealistic!

There are only a few characters I can't stand. For one: Dana. That little girl grinds my nerves. I found myself not being able to wait for her to get off my screen! The Actress plays her in a really annoying way.

Estes. If there was anyone I'd wanted to see get blown up by a terrorist on the show more, it was him. And he did! Seriously WHAT a prick. All he had to say to Carrie after she found & defeated Nazir was "Good work?" Bitch should've been down on his knees thanking her & saying sorry a million times! I hated how he belittled & humiliated her any chance he got.

Quinn. Smug bastard w/no likable qualities except his ass.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
How can you be 100% sure that Brody did not plan the whole thing? We never got to see the whole encounter of when Abu Naazier kidnapped him and what transpired - only a part of it - Naazier could have filled him in on all the parts of the plan, convinced Brody to partake in it and Brody used that CIA twit Carrie to inadvertently help. Roya was just a decoy in any outcome - kinda brutal that.

About Saul, he was saying Kadish, the jewish prayer recited by mourners. It was in Aramaic/Hebrew, not arabic. If he is the mole, that was not a clue to reveal it.

Anyway I thought the finale was good. I even felt sorry for Dana, which I never do lol.
Hey that totally escaped my mind. I was suspicious when Brody lied to Carrie that nothing else happened while he was kidnapped by Nazier (when something so totally did: we saw a flashback of them praying together). I hope your right and something more went on. It would be perfect if that was referenced back to at the beginning of next season. I really need it to be revealed that Brody duped Carrie again and he's still on the dark side. LOL.

Kenny
I don't think so but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. It's a little too convenient how everything worked out so perfectly for him. Not only is he finally rid of Walden and Estes, but he managed to keep Brody alive (a cause he fought a little too hard for) and he's now the top ranking official in the CIA. It definitely makes him look suspicious.

Speaking of which, wasn't Saul the only one who had that tape before it was leaked to the media? I'm sure copies were made, but I can't imagine that anyone other than top ranking officials (like Saul and Estes) would've had them. I bet Saul leaked the tape to frame Brody and that's why he fought so hard to keep him alive. You can't frame a dead man.

Good god! You bring up way too many good points. I thought that about Saul as well (about the suicide tape).

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

The finale was great, I am not sure who the mole us, but I want to be thoroughly shock.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

One has to be absolutely insane to find fault with this show. It is perfection and every second of it was such as well. Happy that Estes is dead and that Saul's wife (were they married?) is back and that Carrie stayed behind. I hope Quinn is back next season as well as he has been a great addition to the show. I can't believe anyone can hate him or even slightly dislike anything about him.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Dec 17 2012, 12:17 PM
One has to be absolutely insane to find fault with this show.
It's only douchebags who think the show has been reduced to 24. Oh the horror!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Best fucking show ever. Season 1 was just perfection. But season 2 managed to top that and was just incredible. Never in a million years would I have believed so much would of transpired this season. This show really does know how to shock you.

As for the finale, I absolutely loved it. I'm at work right now and all I can think about is the finale. That's evidence of a spectacular season finale. I watched with a friend and the first half of the episode we were wondering when all hell would break loose and what would happen? When Brody noticed his car had been moved and the explosion took place we both jumped. We had our hands over our mouth the rest of the episode. I loved that Carrie suspected Brody at first. It would of been absolutely stupid for her not to..I really want to believe Brody is innocent. But like others have said we didn't see all that took place the night Nazir took him. The scene of them praying together was pretty telling.

Most devastating for me was the Dana scenes. I think the actress that plays her is phenomenal. That first scene were Brody confessed to her was fantastic. And then to watch the confession video on the news after the explosion was just heartbreaking.

Other thoughts- they definitely made Saul look a little guilty. He conveniently wasn't at the memorial, he choose to go to Nazir's burial, he was fighting to keep Brody alive (when he doesn't care for the guy), he failed his first lie detector test, he had access to the confession tape, he let the terrorist girl kill herself in the prison, and he had a lot to gain with Estes out of the way. I still don't think it's him though. He seems so good hearted and he cares about Carrie too much to put her in harm.

Fantastic season and can't wait to see how the show shocks us next year. I think it's brilliant that season 1 was all about Carrie being the only one to believe Brody was guilty and no would would believe her. Now season 3 it will be reverse. She'll be trying to prove his innocence, when everyone else assumes he's guilty. Also, I expect Quinn to play a big role in hunting Brody down next season. He will feel guilt for not killing Brody when he had the chance.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply