Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Homeland
Topic Started: Sep 13 2011, 11:12 PM (5,180 Views)
AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/homeland-finale-disappoints-changes-series-403112

There is a lot in this article that I agree with. I'll still watch season 3, but I think quality will be reduced if its going to be more about Carrie & Brody's love story and Carrie trying to track him. It really seemed like thats what the finale set up for and I find that a bit disappointing. I wholeheartedly agree with Tim Goodman's statement in this article: "Having those two at odds - the cat and the mouse - was what moved Homeland. First it was "is he or isn't he" a spy? Then it was, "will he or won't he" perpetrate an act of terrorism on the United States? A quarter of that was Carrie having screwed-up feelings about Brody because, well, Carrie is screwed up."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I still think Homeland is brilliant. They had two options for this finale- Kill Brody or keep him alive. They obviously decided to keep him alive and this was the most feasible and exciting way to do it. Make him a fugitive on the run. Personally, I can't wait for season 3.

I want to know who the mole is!!

King
Member Avatar

I really liked the finale. It was crazy and it left us with a great set up for season three.

I was kind of hoping for Finn and Dana to date...or something, but that/he is so minor whatever.

I am going to miss Estes. He really grew on me! I always wished they delved more into him and Carrie...or at least more on what their history was.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

New teaser for season 3 :D

Edited by AllmyDaysatGh, Jul 29 2013, 11:47 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I really enjoy Homeland, though some of it strains credibility. Damian Lewis and Claire Danes and their oodles of talent and charisma (with a healthy dose of Mandy Patinkin) can make some of the plot twists bearable.

I will watch Season 3, unless it becomes a goopy love story.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Season 3 Official Trailer :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXOUIsu-E0Q

Mason
Member Avatar

Great trailer. I can't wait for this show to come back (though, if the stupid dispute between CBS and Time Warner hasn't ended by that time, I will be pissed!). I've become obsessed with Homeland since Season 2 -- which I LOVED, moments of implausibility and all. The Carrie/Brody relationship is the most fascinating and engaging thing on TV for me right now, and Danes and Lewis look like they're going to be incredible, as usual.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 11 2013, 02:59 PM
Great trailer. I can't wait for this show to come back (though, if the stupid dispute between CBS and Time Warner hasn't ended by that time, I will be pissed!). I've become obsessed with Homeland since Season 2 -- which I LOVED, moments of implausibility and all. The Carrie/Brody relationship is the most fascinating and engaging thing on TV for me right now, and Danes and Lewis look like they're going to be incredible, as usual.
Seriously. I'll be pissed too. I'm in LA and the dispute is still affecting us :(:(:( SUCKS!

Agreed about Carrie/Brody but I'm still hoping it turns out Brody was a traitor somehow! LOL

Mason
Member Avatar

Enjoyed seeing Robert Newman pop up in tonight's episode.

I thought not having him appear in last week's season premiere created kind of a cool effect that I actually liked, but, after tonight's episode, I am ready for Brody to finally show up onscreen again.

Mason
Member Avatar

I've been trying to wait it out before complaining, but this season is just not working for me. Season 1 had the mystery and intrigue while Season 2 was action-packed and full of plot movement. Season 3 really has none of those things in its favor so far, and, with Brody MIA, the whole dynamic of the show seems off.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 3 2013, 10:22 PM
I've been trying to wait it out before complaining, but this season is just not working for me. Season 1 had the mystery and intrigue while Season 2 was action-packed and full of plot movement. Season 3 really has none of those things in its favor so far, and, with Brody MIA, the whole dynamic of the show seems off.
I enjoyed this past week but was bored to near death in the previous weeks. I did enjoy the plot twist earlier because I was hating Saul's guts the first two weeks of this season.

If we arent getting any Brody scenes can they at least drop the Dana/family scenes? Really that kid needs a bitch slap.

Im loving the Quinn air time... he may be my fav character. And what the hell is Carrie going to do with a baby??

Mason
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Nov 4 2013, 03:36 PM
If we arent getting any Brody scenes can they at least drop the Dana/family scenes? Really that kid needs a bitch slap.
No kidding. I wish I understood the fascination the writers seem to have with Dana because it's obvious they like writing for her -- I just don't get it.

Really, as long as Brody's out of the picture, Jessica, Dana and Chris are all completely expendable. Right now, they couldn't be more irrelevant to everything else that's going on in the show.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I couldn't stand the first 3 episodes, so boring. But I LOVE the twist and it has me back on board. But I definitely agree we need more Brody. Hopefully, the final half of the season is more action packed and the action moves to Venezuela.

So is Carrie definitely pregnant or is she able to use pregnancy tests to test her medication levels? My friends and I couldn't figure that out.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This season started out weak, but man it's ending so well. I've loved the show since Brody's return. This past episode being my favorite so far. Brody is so badass. Can't wait for the finale. And I'll be crossing my fingers that Brody survives.

Mason
Member Avatar

Agreed. The last couple of episodes have been stellar and I'm *finally* interested again.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

They actually killed Brody. Wow, that was a devastating hour of TV. It's definitely for the best, but I'll miss him. I hope we get much more Quinn next year.

DavidSS

This had to be the SADDEST Finale ever! Brody's death just filled me w/ so much emotions! And when Carrie reached up and yelled for his name, tears! and the ending when Carrie puts up a star for Brody on the wall :( :(

This was a sad, satisfying finale that brought so much closure! but raised new questions and it looks like its a new place and era for Homeland, kinda makes up for the slowness of this season.

Can't wait until Homeland returns! However Damian Lewis is just AWESOME! I will miss him dearly, can't wait to see him in new projects.

Mason
Member Avatar

I was saddened by Brody's death, too. I'll miss the Carrie/Brody aspect of the show, but I know there was almost no logical way for that to end happily.

This really felt like a series finale more than a season finale, and, much as I love this show, part of me kind of feels like it should have been. I'm curious what they have planned for Season 4, but I just don't know how it could top or even match the first two seasons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply