Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ken Kercheval Returns to 'Dallas'!; Cliff Barnes is BACK!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2011, 04:54 PM (764 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

YAHOO!!!

Quote:

Keck's Exclusives: Cliff Barnes Back to Dallas
by William Keck

It wouldn't be Dallas without a good old-fashioned Ewing/Barnes feud. Although TNT's Dallas pilot, set to air in Summer 2012, was Barnes-free, I've just learned that Ken Kercheval has signed on to reprise his role as J.R. Ewing's No. 1 nemesis, Cliff Barnes, in a multi-episode arc.

Ken, 76, will appear in the third, fourth and tenth episodes. He and Larry Hagman (J.R.) have the distinction of being the only Dallas actors who appeared on the prime time soap blockbuster throughout it's entire 1978-1991 run. Ken also reprised the role in the 1996 reunion movie, Dallas: J.R. Returns, but was absent from 1998's War of the Ewings.

Amazingly, September 21 will mark Larry Hagman's 80th birthday - so I'd say getting Cliff Barnes back as a sparing partner is a sweet gift. Now I can't help wondering if Cliff will try to renew his romance with J.R.'s ex, Sue Ellen (Linda Gray). One last nugget: speculation is that Cliff may be related to someone who appears in the pilot, though it's far too soon to get into that, darlins.

For more on this story, pick up next week's issue of TV Guide Magazine.
Edited by KMan101, Sep 14 2011, 04:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Good! The series was based from the beginning on the Barnes/Ewing feud, not just J.R. or the Ewings. There would have been a big void without them.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Betcha they may Rebecca Cliff's daughter after all.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Good! I've been re-watching old Dallas episodes (hence the new Sue Ellen avatar) and I'm definitely optimistic about this.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I was upset they weren't including him and seemingly ignoring the Barnes aspect. However, I LOVED the preview and got super excited again, but was still kinda upset, but now I'm VERY relieved they aren't disregarding the Barnes aspect. Thank GOD.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

KMan101
Sep 14 2011, 06:03 PM
His daughter's name is Pamela Rebecca Cooper so I'd say yes.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Which in turn will add conflict, especially if Rebecca never told Christopher about her lineage. Oh the drama that could create.

mistycircle666
Member Avatar
Lucy Ewing: Princess Of Texas

Sweetbabygirl
Sep 14 2011, 10:09 PM
KMan101
Sep 14 2011, 06:03 PM
His daughter's name is Pamela Rebecca Cooper so I'd say yes.

It could be Jordana Brewster's Character?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply