Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD and SOW: Jack's back!; Sept 27th issues
Topic Started: Sep 15 2011, 10:40 AM (10,226 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Just as Jennifer's relationship with Daniel is getting comfortable, Jack makes his way back home.

The week begins with Daniel inviting Jennifer on a romantic bicycle date. While Daniel is off picking up the bikes, Jennifer is waiting at the Brady Pub when she gets a call. Jennifer answers, but all she can hear is static before the call abruptly disconnects.

Later in the week, Jennifer and Daniel attend Carly's farewell bash, given by Melanie and Nicholas, at the rehab center. "Jennifer and Daniel are very happy," says Melissa Reeves. "They're really crazy about each other and their relationship is getting more defined. They're on a good path."

Jennifer gets another call and it's as bizarre as the one she received earlier in the week. "There's nothing but static on the line," describes Reeves.

Jennifer's busy week concludes with a Horton gathering at Tom and Alice's house. Jennifer spends the time reminiscing with Bo, Hope, Maggie, Doug and Julie about Tom and Alice. "It's always nice when Grandpa and Grandma Horton are brought up," smiles Reeves. Meanwhile, everyone is curious about the big surprise that Bo and Hope are planning, but they refuse to divulge any details.

By week's end, a shadowy figure quietly arrives in Salem and checks into a hotel. He catches a glimpse of the town newspaper and is intrigued by an article about the upcoming party. The mystery man is Jack Deveraux. Matt Ashford teases, "Jack is thrown some pretty strong curveballs." Matt tells SOD, "Jack's [disappearance] has caused a lot of pain and anguish to his family. I'm guessing [he'll] have to start dealing with that now."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

A bicycle ride. How generic. How bland. How Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Mason
Sep 15 2011, 10:43 AM
Hey it could have been worse...he could have taken her back to the hospital for a grope and feel examination.

I'm so freaking happy Jack is finally BACK
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 15 2011, 10:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Mason
LOL - so true. They can actually use DH's lack of character development in Daniel as a good contrast to Jack in this story. One man seems stable and bland, while the other is unpredictable and challenging.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Get ready to put away those bikes Daniel. Jack's back! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

Daniel or Jack? What a dilemma. In the real world there is no way that jack would even begin to measure up. He's always been a bumbling fool. If they brought back Mark Valley, then there would be some competition.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

dylan76
Sep 15 2011, 10:57 AM
Daniel or Jack? What a dilemma. In the real world there is no way that jack would even begin to measure up. He's always been a bumbling fool. If they brought back Mark Valley, then there would be some competition.

No, it would be between a pervert and a walking Ken doll.

I wish there were less Missy and more Matt. And yet again, NADA, from SC.

Edited by CalAggie87, Sep 15 2011, 11:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

dylan76
My vote for worst post at the DR...ever?

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds good. I'm excited!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

^^I agree, Mitchapalooza.

Mark Valley wasn't even Jack. He was, as CalAggie says, a Ken doll. And there is no competition. This is a soap. Who wants the boring guy? I am so excited that Matthew Ashford will be back as Jack in less than two weeks!
Edited by AHM, Sep 15 2011, 11:49 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

klc224
Member Avatar

Thank You for posting. Can't wait
Offline Profile Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 15 2011, 10:46 AM
Mason
Hey it could have been worse...he could have taken her back to the hospital for a grope and feel examination.
Or their sixth picnic in the last two weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

dylan76
Ooh, ooh, I know this one! What are.... things that are horribly and preposterously untrue?
Offline Profile Goto Top

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I love that shadowy figure stuff, lurking around and waiting for the reveal. Sounds good to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Daniel is exactly how I see him: bland/boring/predictable....what woman in their right mind would want to be attached to someone like this....I woman in need a good smack upside the head!

Sorry but Jack is sophisticated/charming/exciting/challenging/good with a side of grey and he is a GOOD FATHER despite how DAYS is trying to portray/has portrayed him to be a shoddy father at times!

Jack beats Daniel in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT....Daniel = spit filled gum under Jack's shoe...even less than that...Daniel is the parasite that dropped from a Hooker's snatch (Chloe's) that is FEEDING on the old street gum, stuck on Jack's shoe!
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

Thought I posted this but apparently not, if I did, please delete.

I find it interesting that "sexy," "hot" nor "romantic" are being used to describe Dan. Those used are pretty bland. I would have to wonder how an actor feels about his character being described in such a manner. I doubt an actor would like it (the way I see it) it means there is no acting challenge, and it seems as a death knoll for a character. It just seems that TPTB are really putting no effort into the character, all these boring dates seem to be just to make him look "stable" with no real character development. And the fact that yet again Dan really is not mentioned in an interview, and the fact that despite this being a big story triangle, yet again SC is not included in the interview, that Dan's past due date is about to expire.
Edited by CalAggie87, Sep 15 2011, 01:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
Sep 15 2011, 11:20 AM
dylan76

Mark Valley was not a walking Ken doll. He is a good actor.
Edited by Sindacco, Sep 15 2011, 01:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 15 2011, 01:06 PM
CalAggie87
Sep 15 2011, 11:20 AM
dylan76

Mark Valley was not a walking Ken doll. He is a good actor.
He definitely is a good actor, but his Jack was awfully bland. I could see someone only familiar with him as Jack characterizing him like that. But I do think Steve Wilder was more Ken doll.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

My problem with Daniel is not that he's bland and boring, well maybe one of the problems. But my main one is that I find him repulsive. Ever since he was brought on as this hip and cool surfer doctor. And the guy only has one facial expression, doesn't matter if he's angry, sad, happy or horny. He does that thing with his eyes and voice, it makes my skin crawl. He is the most creepy and sleazy character I have ever seen on this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

I don't blame Mark Valley. Bad casting and probably bad direction too. I found him pretty Ken doll as Jack though. I remember seeing an ad for "Human Target" and thinking I couldn't believe "Lousy Jack" (I didn't know his name and thus titled him) got his own show. I'm glad Mark Valley has done better with other roles, but MV as Jack was a terrible fit. I don't know that I ever even saw Steve Wilder. Maybe I should see if I can find him as Jack on Youtube because I always hear that he was even worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic