Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Secret Circle
Topic Started: Sep 15 2011, 06:39 PM (2,137 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

:cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Stupid HS football is on. Glad I caught that in time and reset my DVR for later. Can't wait!

Mason

I thought it was okay. It will definitely never be an award winner, but it could be a nice guilty pleasure. I'll keep watching for now.

My biggest problem was with the girl who plays Cassie. She's bland even by CW standards.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I loved it..but the lead is bland!!!!! I was surprised about Shelly..maybe she should have been lead..she doesn't suck on this show. :D

OMGosh..I can't even tell you how much I freakin love Gale Harold!!!! My Brian Kinney is back! He is so deliciously badass..if this show is a success, it will be because of him! :wub: The best thing they did was cast him, now they need to move the teen scene to the left and keep him front and center.. :lol:

LovingDays

love it love it love it

jane1978

I hope Diana will not be this school-marmish forever. It doesnīt suit Shelley at all. I didnīt mind the lead but I was seriously annoyed with Adam and the way he was openly flirting with Cassie while claiming he "loves" Diana. But isnīt it funny Shelley is once again playing a losing party in a triangle? Are all the producers blind?

Still, I remember how awfull was the pilot of VD so this wasnīt so bad. All the ingrediences are there, so hopefully Wiliamson will not disappoint and it will quickly find its footing.

OliveAnn

So, the ratings are in. 3 million viewers for this show and The Vampire Diaries. A success by the CW's standards.

I watched mainly for Shelley Hennig, since she's a Days alum. I was curious how she would pull off looking like a teenager and was pleasantly surprised. Minimal make-up and a modest hairstyle can do wonders. As for her performance, I was surprised by how lively she was. That was nice to see.

I'm gonna wait a while before judging the entire series. Pilots usually serve for a. introducing the characters and the premise of the show to the audience and b. letting the producers kniw what needs to improve. I'll take a look at a few more episodes and then decide. There is one thing I already like, though. The adults have a story. A real story, not the usual "we used to be together in high school, broke up and now years later are still in love with each other"-stuff we usually see on teen shows.
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 16 2011, 11:32 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ceejay

I also watched the show because of Shelley having a role which, by the way, I hope expands as time goes on. I thought she was great! Glad to hear it was a ratings success.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 15 2011, 09:02 PM
I thought it was okay. It will definitely never be an award winner, but it could be a nice guilty pleasure. I'll keep watching for now.

My biggest problem was with the girl who plays Cassie. She's bland even by CW standards.
Huh? No. She's always been great. It's that bitchy one who needs to TONE. IT. DOWN.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IA that the lead was bland. And hell yes, the bitchy one needs to turn it down. I kept flashing back to Passions because it was similar (Kay on Passions, Fay here). Frankly, Passions was better. They need to send these kids to the acting camp where all the VD kids went.

I was not a fan of the show. Didn't really get the whole concept of the circle, why they needed to tell her she's a witch, why they need a circle at all. I mean, she refused to join the circle and yet her mere presence amplified their powers (at least the wicked one's) enough to make that storm. So...why not just feed off her?

And I wouldn't worry about Diana being bland. It's pretty clear she'll flip out when her boyfriend and the new girl hook up. That's not a spoiler; that's what the pilot set up (Diana's dad is evil; the new girl's mom and boyfriend's dad were destined, or whatever).

I'll watch again, I'm sure. But yeah. Not a great start, imho.

jane1978

px780
Sep 16 2011, 01:14 PM
IA that the lead was bland. And hell yes, the bitchy one needs to turn it down. I kept flashing back to Passions because it was similar (Kay on Passions, Fay here). Frankly, Passions was better. They need to send these kids to the acting camp where all the VD kids went.

I was not a fan of the show. Didn't really get the whole concept of the circle, why they needed to tell her she's a witch, why they need a circle at all. I mean, she refused to join the circle and yet her mere presence amplified their powers (at least the wicked one's) enough to make that storm. So...why not just feed off her?

And I wouldn't worry about Diana being bland. It's pretty clear she'll flip out when her boyfriend and the new girl hook up. That's not a spoiler; that's what the pilot set up (Diana's dad is evil; the new girl's mom and boyfriend's dad were destined, or whatever).

I'll watch again, I'm sure. But yeah. Not a great start, imho.
As we learned at the end it was Dianaīs evil dad and Fayīs (evil?) mum who needed Cassie back in town. Thatīs why Cassieīs mum had to die.

As for why Diana told her she is a witch, she realized she has no other choice after Fay almost let Cassie burried alive to test her powers and later pretty much told Diana she will make Cassie join the circle no matter what. Diana decided to tell her first and hopefully convince her to do the binding ritual so everybody stays safe.

I agree the witch rules arenīt very detailed so far, but my quess Cassie joined the circle the moment Adam made her do her first spell and she become conscious of her powers.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I just watched this now. It kept my interest. Some of the dialogue was weak. The acting was ok.

I'll watch it again, but I really hate how this show gets the "CW treatment" like all other CW shows - trying to make the show appear like an A&F photoshoot with slick music, models and clothes. Why does every single one of their shows need to be like this?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

As for why Diana told her she is a witch, she realized she has no other choice after Fay almost let Cassie burried alive to test her powers and later pretty much told Diana she will make Cassie join the circle no matter what. Diana decided to tell her first and hopefully convince her to do the binding ritual so everybody stays safe.

If Fay were smart she'd just have fed off Cassie's presence because it was pretty clear with the storm at the end she didn't need Cassie's active participation. That's really where I had my issue. How much more powerful can they be with her choosing to be part of the circle? Just made the whole circle deal seem unnecessary, imho.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Thought it was ok. Cassie was kind of a wet blanket, but that didn't bother me too much. ITA about Faye. She was definitely over the top.

I hope they keep up with Gale Harold's character. He's the main reason I even thought to give it a chance.(along with Thomas Dekker)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I didn't know Ashley Crow was going to be in this (she's Cassie's grandmother). I remember when she was on ATWT as Duncan's daughter Beatrice.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I feel like I've watched it before... can't remember if it was called "The Craft" or "Charmed" it's like "The Charmed Craft" for me it's been done, a few times.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I gave the show a shot...its just not holding my interest...I will say though that SH is one of the best things about it.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I love this show, but I also hate it.

I just wish they would answer some damn questions already!!!! I hate shows that tease, tease, tease, tease, tease!!!!

Just SPIT IT OUT ALREADY. What happened all those years ago? And what is Faye's mom's agenda?

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Faye is such a two dimensional bad girl. She's my least favorite. I wish we'd gotten an actress who could have brought more to the character.

I thought the second episode was much better than the first.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I disagree. I think the actress has potential. I thought she was pretty one-sided, too.... until the 2nd episode, when I saw the pangs of remorse and worry flood through her face when she shoved that class president chick.

Just wish they would hurry up & tell us what happened with the "old" circle.

Faye's grandfather mentioned something about "elders", so hopefully.. they can bring another dimension to the story-telling.

This constant teasing of mystery bothers me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply