Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Secret Circle
Topic Started: Sep 15 2011, 06:39 PM (2,203 Views)
Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

A big fat WOAH to Nick getting killed. By Charles, nonetheless. Fay's mom is a superbitch!

Thankful that the grandma knows everything now. Grandma kicks ass, right?! Love her. Hope we get to see more of her.

The preview said "Who is Next?" - Surely they're just teasing. TPTB (hopefully) aren't stupid enough to kill another circle member.

This episode was AWESOME. So much action! Loved it.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think it'd be genius to keep killing all the kids off. The parents are much more interesting.

I still don't believe the basic premise is coherent, and the acting is sometimes awful. And the girl playing Faye (um, Kay Bennett from Passions) should just unleash her accent. BUT, that last episode was pretty good...until I think about it. So think about it I won't.

Here's hoping it gets a bit tighter.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^I wish it would get a bit tighter too, but I've been enjoying it. Was NOT expecting Nick to get killed off. One of the best episodes so far.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I ended up doing a marathon today of the first 7 episodes. Overall it was decent, nowhere near as good as its Vampire counterpart.

My main issue is the show seems stacked with unlikable characters (Dawn, Charles and Jake) that can't legitimately have a future but will leave gaping holes if they go. And killing Nick was unnecessary.

Shallow note - Natasha Henstridge looks terrible now!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Caught up with the last two episodes. I knew that as soon as Nick died a mysteriously unmentioned sibling would show up. I don't think Charles is all that unlikable though, and not just because I'm a Gale fan. Dawn on the hand, I can't stand. The show is still performing middle of the road for me though. I don't absolutely love it, but I'll stick with it for awhile longer.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Random casting wish ... Rachel Melvin as some Faye relative (I only say that because of their mutual dark hair). If Nick could have a random brother, there's no reason Faye can't have an older sister or something. :)

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

:huh1: :huh1: :huh1: :huh1: :huh1:

Not sure if I'm just not into the show as much, but WTF was that?

Fay's entitled, spoiled, bratty ass is beginning to get old.

Melissa's nothing but a damn background character.

Diana's acting weird.

Adam was, too.

I liked Charles' mother at first, but then she turned evil and tried to kill Cassie, which I'm still kinda scratchin' my head about. And then she turned around and warned Charles to stay away from evil. :ermmmm:

I thought Cassie choking Adam would end up being another dream, but then it wasn't.

And I'm still not sure why Charles' mom tried to kill Cassie.

I did like how Cassie got herself out of the situation, though. For a minute, I was busy rolling my eyes back into my head because I thought it was gonna be another "Cassie's in trouble so everyone go save her" scenario.

Magic Shop Guy's good-lookin', but kinda useless.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Yeah, this episode was definitely all over the place. Not sure how I feel about either.

Faye's bratty act was old by episode two. I've never really liked the character or her mom for that matter.

The whole Elder thing confuses me, I actually wish we'd get more of the adults and elder back story than some of the current circle stuff. I want more Gale Harold!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Dusty
Jan 7 2012, 02:29 AM

:huh1: :huh1: :huh1: :huh1: :huh1:

Not sure if I'm just not into the show as much, but WTF was that?

Fay's entitled, spoiled, bratty ass is beginning to get old.

Melissa's nothing but a damn background character.

Diana's acting weird.

Adam was, too.

I liked Charles' mother at first, but then she turned evil and tried to kill Cassie, which I'm still kinda scratchin' my head about. And then she turned around and warned Charles to stay away from evil. :ermmmm:

I thought Cassie choking Adam would end up being another dream, but then it wasn't.

And I'm still not sure why Charles' mom tried to kill Cassie.

I did like how Cassie got herself out of the situation, though. For a minute, I was busy rolling my eyes back into my head because I thought it was gonna be another "Cassie's in trouble so everyone go save her" scenario.

Magic Shop Guy's good-lookin', but kinda useless.

Everyone seemed off in this episode. It almost felt as if we had missed something, or that they didn't take enough time to get to this point. I don't know, it was just weird. I like the idea of Cassie exploring her darker side but we'll have to see where they take the story.

ITA about the new guy, he's cute. Faye's entire story tonight was a total BORE though.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Charles's mother confused the HELL outta me. She tries to kill Cassie, but then warns Charles to stay away from Dawn because she's evil, and evil is bad????? Uh..... and you tricking/trying to kill someone ISN'T evil????

Everyone else just seemed soooo weird.

And the Cassie going dark thing was a tad rushed, and did NOT feel right at all.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Edited
Edited by Actor87, Jan 15 2012, 11:52 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm finding it's picking up?

Thomson
Member Avatar

Season 1 Episode 17 ''Curse'' Promo:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Loving the show (still)... but ready for some of the questions to be answered. What are Charles & Dawn's endgames? What's Blackwell's real reason for returning? Who's the adult that's working with the witch hunters? What happened in the past between all of the adults? I mean, those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head.

Really CREEEEEEPY shot at the end with all the birds circling the house while Adam & Cassie were getting it on. The hookup itself seemed kind of random/forced/rushed/whatever to me. C'mon; they were JUST fighting. She had JUST attacked his dad. Seemed weird that they were able to make up and start going at it within 2 minutes.

And I'm also reeeally ready for Cassie's grandma to come back and kick some ass. She's one of my favorite characters.

Something seems off with Diana's Australian boy toy. He must want her power or something.

OliveAnn

So, that's what happened to Eugene Bradford and Stephanie Johnson! They changed their names, became witches and moved to Chance Harbor!

On a serious note, kudos to Andrew Miller for supporting soaps by hiring so many former and current soap actors. Last night's episode alone featured one current and three former soap stars.

And, wow, that ending! Did not see that coming!

Thomson
Member Avatar

Episode 20 ''Traitor'' promo:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I kinda figured the other Blackwell child would be Adam or Melissa, but as soon as they ran into the cave together and didn't seem to have any problems getting near the crystal, I knew it must be Diana.

Also still not trusting the Aussie.

And SOOOOOOOO super pissed that they killed off Cassie's grandmother!!!!!!!! Insert angry face.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

WOAH.

Shelly Hennig BROUGHT... IT... !!!! Her performance after she found out Charles killed Amelia: Emmy-worthy.

Ironic that Melissa was the one that defended Demon-Nick the most, and ended up killing him.

About time that Cassie figured out "good ole Dad" was up to no good!!!

And am I the only one that thinks Blackwell became privvy to Cassie's realizations and somehow played a hand in Fay's abduction?! Hmmm.. I smell something fishy there.

Kinda bummed we haven't seen Ethan more. He's my favorite out of all the parents.

And I'm also kinda bummed we haven't seen much of Melissa's backstory/family.

Melissa1978_01

love this show and I'm mad Cw cancelled however a. Unch of us fans are trying to save it.Many rumors Abcfamily may take it I hope it turns out to be true.

I'm done with Cw though TSC was the only show I watched with OTH.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply