Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ryan Murphy On ‘Glee’: “Passion Is Back”
Topic Started: Sep 16 2011, 01:26 AM (373 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Ryan Murphy On ‘Glee’: “Passion Is Back”

Coming off a sophomore season of Glee that drew gripes from fans and a controversy surrounding his comments about stars Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, and Cory Monteith leaving the show, co-creator Ryan Murphy is ready to make amends. “This year, the idea is just to run the show,” he said this afternoon after a screening of Glee‘s third season premiere. “Last year was a new thing for me. I’d run television shows before, but I’d never run a business before. It was a weird thing. I learned a lot. And I will never again say people are leaving (the show).

I have learned my lesson.” And since Michele, Colfer and Monteith’s characters will graduate from high school at the end of this coming season, how will they be integrated into the series’ high-school setting? “There are lots of things they could do,” Murphy told Deadline. “They could become teachers. They could become college students. There are very organic ways you could keep them on the show, and keep them big and keep the audience invested in them… But the show is always going to be about that choir room.” As for doing a spinoff, when the producers revisit the idea in the spring, “we would do discussions of it much differently than we handled it before,” Murphy said.

But for now, the focus is “on making this the best year we’ve ever done (on Glee),” he said. “And in fact, we think that’s exactly what we’re going to have. Part of the reason for that is we’ve figured out the best way to shoot the show, and a way to do it more economically for Fox…I have my passion for (Glee) back…And you can see the excitement on the set. The actors I feel are really renewed and excited and are thrilled to be there. It’s fun again…You know, things took a bit of a nasty turn, but I feel great about it again.”

The screening today confirmed that Glee exhibits a renewed zest, energy and focus in the kickoff hour, replete with rousing numbers, a genuine surprise or two, and an undeniable magic. The season opener, which airs Tuesday, also featured Lindsay Pearce –one of the four finalists on the Oxygen reality series The Glee Project– who is playing a major role on the show during Season 3. Pearce showed up as (SPOILER ALERT!) the leader of a rival singing group to New Directions, and she’ll continue to recur as a nemesis to Rachel (Michele) in several episodes.

Her big first music number is singing Anything You Can Do from Annie Get Your Gun. Murphy told reporters that it occurred to him after the part already had been written that Pearce would be perfect for it but had to shoot her first episode before The Glee Project finale had aired. “We kept delaying doing it so it wouldn’t leak,” Murphy said.

He noted that The Glee Project‘s two winners, Damian McGinty and Sam Larsen, also will appear in significant story arcs on the show later this fall, with McGinty portraying “a foreign exchange student shacking up with Brittany (Heater Morris), and she of course believes him to be a leprechaun with magical powers.” McGinty “isn’t an actor,” Murphy acknowledged, “but he did great. On his first day he got shoved into a locker like 25 times” but came through it well. Larsen will appear in “somewhere around Episode 10 or 11,” he added.

source: Deadline.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Um...dude, it is only your third season. I can understand if he had several years under his belt with Glee. But, having to regain your Passion after two years? lol

Typical Ryan Murphy.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

My passion isn't. I'm so not into this show anymore, it's flopped for me. :(

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

GLEE is an overrated crap fest....thank GOD it was shut-out from the emmy's this year and hopefully it will be completely ignored at next years telecast.

Jane Lynch is the ONLY glimmer of anything with this show IMO!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply