Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Days casting a professor
Topic Started: Sep 17 2011, 07:34 PM (3,993 Views)
Ellie

Sorry, I missed this when typing up the other articles on Thursday.

In "Stuff We know and shouldn't tell you": Now that Days' teens are in college, look for the show to cast a professor or two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

I wonder if this is the role that Ian Buchanon is playing? I can certainly imagine him as a dashing college professor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I suggest they get at least one female professor if they hire two. Ian could play one and the other could be female. As the females in the 35-45 age bracket are really few.
Online Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 17 2011, 09:23 PM
I suggest they get at least one female professor if they hire two. Ian could play one and the other could be female. As the females in the 35-45 age bracket are really few.
DAYS could kill two birds with one stone by bringing on Sarah Horton as a college professor.
Edited by Carly, Sep 17 2011, 09:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Why do I have the feeling that if it is a male professor he will end up raping Abby or Gabi? I would like to request that Days never writes another rape story again. It has been done way too much on this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WayBackJackFan

Is Andrew Donovan old enough to be a college professor? If not, they can SORAS him into one. I really want the Donavans to come back to town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

It would be nice if at least one professor was from one of the core families. If they can soras EJ who was born when Sami was a teenager, surely they can find a place maybe for another one of Justin and Adrienne's kids or Kimberly's son Andrew as a professor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Sep 17 2011, 09:56 PM
Why do I have the feeling that if it is a male professor he will end up raping Abby or Gabi?
Based on what info we have, I have no idea. Though that would be Terry's dream come true.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

Definitely a female professor, you know that women can actually and have actually been professors for quite a few decades.

And, please, basta with the rapes, and not all professors are evil leaches.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WinterStar84
Member Avatar

I think it's Rex Brady, because their are rumors of him coming back and anther soap site and on a scene I was watching on youtube where Rex was telling his mom Kate he had got a job at Salem U.

Can I post a link to the youtube scene? Just wanted to ask before I post?

I hope the rumors of Rex and Mimi coming back are true! :cheer:
Edited by WinterStar84, Sep 19 2011, 05:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

yes, please post!!! Id love for it to be Andrew of jeannie Donovin as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Eric Winter was just cast on a prime time show. There aren't any rumors of him coming back other than people guessing that Marlene's tweet might have referred to him. But shortly after that, we found out about his new prime time role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

WinterStar84
Sep 19 2011, 05:53 PM
I think it's Rex Brady, because their are rumors of him coming back and anther soap site and on a scene I was watching on youtube where Rex was telling his mom Kate he had got a job at Salem U.

Please post it in the Classic Days Discussion. Thanks!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8500737
Offline Profile Goto Top

WinterStar84
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 19 2011, 06:01 PM
WinterStar84
Sep 19 2011, 05:53 PM

Please post it in the Classic Days Discussion. Thanks!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8500737

Are you saying to post the youtube scene in the classic days discussion?
Edited by WinterStar84, Sep 19 2011, 06:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

I think the profs will be minor characters, not anyone major. But as a Jack/Matt fan, I would love a smart, sexy and sophisticated female prof. who sees Jack and wants him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Maybe they'll go the Ezria route from Pretty Little Liars. Student/professor in love with each other but they have to hide it. I'd be okay with this if it were a younger professor.

I hope it's not an evil professor, whatever the case may be. I've had some prof's who were excellent mentors and friends. I'd like to see that!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

WinterStar84
Sep 19 2011, 06:22 PM
Are you saying to post the youtube scene in the classic days discussion?
Yes. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Spencer Hastings
Sep 19 2011, 06:38 PM
I hope it's not an evil professor, whatever the case may be. I've had some prof's who were excellent mentors and friends. I'd like to see that!
Yeah, based on all the "out of the darkness and into the light" interview statements, I think that's the direction they'll go in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AnthonyL

Can't we have a good looking and young professor for Sonny if we're doing a forbidden romance thing? I'm really not feeling Will and Sonny. I think they might bore me to tears. Though I could see them having Gabi involved in prof/student relationship after it's over with Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I always think it's a bad idea to anchor the younger characters in an age-related setting like school. I get that it's their version of work, but I think it's better to keep it loose, let them just have their romances and whatnot.

Since they have to make sure that someone new is already paired up, maybe this person could figure in with Nicole somehow. Isn't she supposed to want to get her stuff together without a man? I don't know details about what's up with her and EJ after the big day, but it might be interesting to see her go off to get educated. Then there's no weird teacher/student romance boring-ass cliche stuff. Maybe some sexual harassment because of Nicole's past. But that'd be a little bit of a twist on stuff, imho.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic