Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Insider Q&A with Deidre Hall
Topic Started: Sep 20 2011, 04:21 PM (2,484 Views)
Ellie

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2011/09/deidre-hall-interview/

We caught up with Deidre Hall about the exciting return of her character, Marlena Evans, to Days of our Lives. Read the full interview below!

Days Insider: What did you miss most about being on DAYS?

Deidre Hall: The sex - now that I have your attention. That's only part of the answer. Doing any TV show means being touched by everyone in your environment. I definitely missed makeup, hair and wardrobe, and not to mention the gorgeous, sexy leading men and being made love to ("kinda") by them.

Days Insider: How (if at all) do you feel your character has changed since we last saw her?

Deidre Hall: Having spent two and half years fighting for John's very survival, the couple has become closer than ever before and capable of facing anything together. There is an added element of humor in their relationship that grew out of the need for playfulness and fun during John's recovery.

Days Insider: Whom are you most excited about working with again?

Deidre Hall: Johnny Handsome, Big Mike and the Chief (the men who stand and serve).

Days Insider: What is your favorite storyline from the past?

Deidre Hall: Possession.

Days Insider: What do you think makes Marlena and John a couple for the ages?

Deidre Hall: They have grown closer and stronger with time, and let neither people nor circumstances tear them apart.

Days Insider: Sami has changed so much. How will Marlena reunite with her daughter and her growing grandson, Will?

Deidre Hall: I know that Marlena has an incredibly close tie to Will; they will continue to be a strong force on the landscape.

Days Insider: Do you think Marlena's character will accept her son-in-law, Rafe, with open arms?

Deidre Hall: Absolutely.

Days Insider: Any steamy love scenes on the horizon for John and Marlena?

Deidre Hall: The strawberries are chilling as we speak!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like that Marlena and Will's relationship is going to be strong. I take it Marlena will be there for him during the upcoming gay storyline.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ellie
Sep 20 2011, 04:21 PM

Days Insider: Sami has changed so much. How will Marlena reunite with her daughter and her growing grandson, Will?

Deidre Hall: I know that Marlena has an incredibly close tie to Will; they will continue to be a strong force on the landscape.
HAHA..I love how she totally steps over Sami/Alison Sweeney here...GO DEIDRE!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ellie

Deidre Hall: Johnny Handsome, Big Mike and the Chief (the men who stand and serve).
Am I the only one confused by this? lmao :shrug:

Ellie

Tammy
Sep 20 2011, 04:51 PM
Ellie

It's the cameramen. :smile:

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I loved everything about this little interview! TFP :D

jules

Ellie
[/b]
Deidre Hall: The sex - now that I have your attention. That's only part of the answer. Doing any TV show means being touched by everyone in your environment. I definitely missed makeup, hair and wardrobe, and not to mention the gorgeous, sexy leading men and being made love to ("kinda") by them.

Days Insider: Any steamy love scenes on the horizon for John and Marlena?[/b]

I like these parts the best!

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

Quote:

Ha! Oh Deidre, how I have missed you! :)

Quote:

Days Insider: How (if at all) do you feel your character has changed since we last saw her?

Deidre Hall: Having spent two and half years fighting for John's very survival, the couple has become closer than ever before and capable of facing anything together. There is an added element of humor in their relationship that grew out of the need for playfulness and fun during John's recovery.

This has me excited. I love Dee's laugh! She plays humor very well!

Quote:

Days Insider: Any steamy love scenes on the horizon for John and Marlena?

Bring it ON!!! :makeout:

Everything about this interview is great!! Sorry Ali, but the Face of Days is back!!!! :)
Edited by Jarlena4Eva, Sep 20 2011, 06:07 PM.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Jarlena4Eva

This has me excited. I love Dee's laugh! She plays humor very well!

Looking forward to some light funny scenes btw Deidre/Drake, they're gonna be fun! And I love her laugh too...Monday is so so close but still so far away, haha.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 20 2011, 04:25 PM
Ellie

Diedre also says "they will continue to be a strong force on the landscape". I took it to mean the "they" was Will and Sami, maybe I am wrong. She also says that Marlena will accept her son-in-law, Rafe, with open arms, so I am doubting that she is stepping over Sami too much.

Ellie

magicsteacher
Sep 20 2011, 08:18 PM
Mitchapalooza
Ellie

Diedre also says "they will continue to be a strong force on the landscape". I took it to mean the "they" was Will and Sami, maybe I am wrong. She also says that Marlena will accept her son-in-law, Rafe, with open arms, so I am doubting that she is stepping over Sami too much.
Why wouldn't "they" mean Marlena and Will? I mean that's who she's talking about. I'd love to see some Grandmother/Grandson type of scenes between the two of them.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 20 2011, 08:29 PM
magicsteacher
Mitchapalooza
Ellie

Why wouldn't "they" mean Marlena and Will? I mean that's who she's talking about. I'd love to see some Grandmother/Grandson type of scenes between the two of them.
That's exactly how I interpreted it: that she meant Marlena and Will. And that she totally stepped over Sami because WGAF about Sami. I too am looking forward to some Will and Marlena scenes and I can very much see Marlena being the support Will needs.

ETA: Thanks for posting!
Edited by Paxton, Sep 20 2011, 08:33 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 20 2011, 08:29 PM
magicsteacher
Mitchapalooza
Ellie

Totally could be, that's why I wasn't sure. Still, if this is all supposed to be family-based and oriented, I am doubting she will step over Sami.
Would love to see some Grandmother/Grandson scenes with Will and Marlena, but would also like to see some Mother/Daughter scenes with Sami and Marlena, now that Sami has settled down and is married to Rafe.

Ellie

magicsteacher
Sep 20 2011, 08:51 PM
Totally could be, that's why I wasn't sure. Still, if this is all supposed to be family-based and oriented, I am doubting she will step over Sami.
Would love to see some Grandmother/Grandson scenes with Will and Marlena, but would also like to see some Mother/Daughter scenes with Sami and Marlena, now that Sami has settled down and is married to Rafe.
I have no doubt there will be scenes between them; there always have been. (We'll have to disagree on whether we'd like those scenes to happen though, lol.) I think some people were just pointing out that the question included Sami and Will, and the answer only included Will. Maybe that does mean there will be fewer Marlena/Sami scenes this time around (fine with me!!) - guess we'll see!

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think Marlena is the one stepping over Sami. ;)

hops
Member Avatar

Romance, humour, family.....Love everything about this interview. Looking forward to it all playing out on screen.

michellematthews

Loved the interview!! Deidre is the greatest!!! Can't wait to see her back on our tvs!!!

sonulle
Member Avatar

I love this video. She is amazing.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 20 2011, 04:53 PM
Tammy
Sep 20 2011, 04:51 PM
Ellie

It's the cameramen. :smile:
Thank you for clarifying because that was a total "WTF?" moment for me lol.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LMAO at her "sex" answer - too funny.

And I love that she talked about the closeness of Marlena and Will, while clearly ignoring the Sami relaitonship. Hopefully, that is indicative of a Sarlena on-screen rift. I know I'd be pissed if my daughter had been running around for the past three years trying to impersonate me and doing a piss poor job of it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply