Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Insider Q&A with Matt Ashford
Topic Started: Sep 20 2011, 04:31 PM (2,224 Views)
Ellie

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2011/09/matthew-ashford-interview/

Matthew Ashford Interview

September 20, 2011 10:58 AM

We caught up with Matthew Ashford about the exciting return of his character, Jack Deveraux, to Days of our Lives. Read the full interview below!

Days Insider: What did you miss most about being on DAYS?

Matthew Ashford: The families.

Days Insider: How (if at all) do you feel your character has changed since we last saw him?

Matthew Ashford: He's had experiences that have really caused him to re-examine his life.

Days Insider: Whom are you most excited about working with again?

Matthew Ashford: Billy Jack Johnson Harcourt Deveraux!

Days Insider: What is your favorite storyline from the past?

Matthew Ashford: Working side by side with Jennifer in the early days of the Spectator newspaper.

Days Insider: How do we see Jack's return affecting the relationship between Jen and Dan?

Matthew Ashford: Dan who?

Days Insider: Do you think Jack deserves to be forgiven by Jennifer?

Matthew Ashford: You mean because he wasn't there when she had her heart removed and replaced? Yes, his bad. But she has a big heart... now that it's back in place. I'm hoping she'll have room for him in it.

Days Insider: How is Jack's relationship with his daughter, Abigail, who is now a young woman?

Matthew Ashford: Well, it could use a little repair/tune-up.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CalAggie87

Quote:

Matthew Ashford: You mean because he wasn't there when she had her heart removed and replaced? Yes, his bad. But she has a big heart... now that it's back in place. I'm hoping she'll have room for him in it.

Gotta love this! Thanks for the link!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ellie
Sep 20 2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2011/09/matthew-ashford-interview/

Days Insider: How do we see Jack's return affecting the relationship between Jen and Dan?

Oh Matt...Matt Matt Matt...I LOVE YOU!

He slams Dr. CheetosFace and Dena Higley here...what more can I ask for...LOVE IT!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ellie
Days Insider: Do you think Jack deserves to be forgiven by Jennifer?[/b]

BAAHAAA!! :P

Oh, Matt Ashford, I'm glad you're back. :wub: :cheer:

Violet
Member Avatar

:roflol: ROTFL "Dan who?"

LOVE MATT ASHFORD! :wub: :cart: :wub:
Edited by Violet, Sep 20 2011, 04:41 PM.

CalAggie87

Another great answer:

Quote:

Days Insider: Whom are you most excited about working with again?

Matthew Ashford: Billy Jack Johnson Harcourt Deveraux!

I hope that can be taken further to mean that he is glad to finally being able to play ClassicJack, unlike the post-1991 and 2001- .
Edited by CalAggie87, Sep 20 2011, 04:41 PM.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Quote:

:hail:

TamVan
Member Avatar

Best interview EVER!! Bring on the snark!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I adore Matt.

CalAggie87

Someone on DR's FB site said they are okay with Jennifer forgiving Jack but want to keep Dannifer together!

Carly
Member Avatar

Ellie

If Jack was being held hostage, then it's Jennifer who should be asking for forgiveness.

I'd love to see Jack write an investigative article about Daniel's creepy history of dating his patients (the dead wife, Chelsea, Kate, Chloe, Jennifer, and I'm sure there were others we don't even know about!). Then Daniel might lose his medical license, and Jack might win a Pulitzer. Justice!
Edited by Carly, Sep 20 2011, 05:16 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

CalAggie87
Sep 20 2011, 05:07 PM
Someone on DR's FB site said they are okay with Jennifer forgiving Jack but want to keep Dannifer together!
These people must be bribed/blackmailed by TPTB or Shawn Christian...there is just no other explanation for their deplorable taste!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Honestly, she needs to be the one begging for forgiveness for her whoring ways; not Jack

Fine by me keeping Jennifer with dr. Orange. Free Jack. She can forgive him all she wants, but I don't want to see Jack wasted on her whining ass anymore.

FREE JACK!
Edited by Mirage75, Sep 20 2011, 05:22 PM.

WayBackJackFan

Matt Ashford is just the bees knees, isn't he? I come home from a long day at work, and I'm dragging, and then I read "Billy Jack Johnson Harcourt Deveraux" and "Dan who?" and I'm like a giddy teenager again.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Mirage75
Sep 20 2011, 05:15 PM
Honestly, she needs to be the one begging for forgiveness for her whoring ways; not Jack

Fine by me keeping Jennifer with dr. Orange. Free Jack. She can forgive him all she wants, but I don't want to see Jack wasted on her whining ass anymore.

FREE JACK!
I want her to beg for forgiveness...but I want J&J together in the end...Jennifer is legacy character who is being destroyed while being paired with Dr. OrangeLove...plus J&J history is too hard to ignore to have them never be together again.

J&J are my all-time fave pairing...I really hope they end up together in the long run.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! The more I hear from Matt Ashford the more I love him. "Dan who" was all kinds of awesome. :cart:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

He is so, so clever. Maybe part of why he's so well suited to play a character like Jack. This interview was straight awesome.

I do want Jennifer to beg forgiveness, but it's got to be Jack and Jennifer in the end. Their story is just too lovely to be lost to something as lame as "Dannifer."

P.S. What is the DR Facebook page, and does this person have any sort of sway or is it just some person with really bad taste expressing his/her ridiculous opinion?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AHM
Sep 20 2011, 05:51 PM
He is so, so clever. Maybe part of why he's so well suited to play a character like Jack. This interview was straight awesome.

I do want Jennifer to beg forgiveness, but it's got to be Jack and Jennifer in the end. Their story is just too lovely to be lost to something as lame as "Dannifer."

P.S. What is the DR Facebook page, and does this person have any sort of sway or is it just some person with really bad taste expressing his/her ridiculous opinion?
:applause: :applause: :applause:

EXACTLY!

EDITED - To bold the bottom of your post as well because it made me LMAO!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 20 2011, 05:54 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Based on this interview, I'm thinking Mr. Ashford should be made an honorary member of #teamsnarkDR. ;)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

SoapGal1
Sep 20 2011, 05:58 PM
Based on this interview, I'm thinking Mr. Ashford should be made an honorary member of #teamsnarkDR. ;)
QFT!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply