Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The X Factor
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 12:15 AM (5,036 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Premieres Wednesday night on Fox!

From the previews I have seen, I am not that impressed with the talent. I still plan on watching though, and hope that what the people they have shown are not the best of the bunch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

The show looks pretty good so far. Anyone else watching?

Layla
Member Avatar

I've never understood the Paula/Simon dynamic, to be honest... but I have to admit that it's good to see them together again. Reminds me of the good ol' days of AI. And I'm even pretending that LA is Randy, LoL! :P

I missed the first ten minutes, but the only person that's stood out to me so far is that crazy dancing dude.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

That crazy Prince Jr guy? He's a trip. I liked that girl in the beginning who did Duffy's Mercy. It sounded karaoke but she has personality and charisma. Very likable. :)

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

Everyone please save your eardrums and hit mute quick. Unchained Melody is getting slaughtered.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I am enjoying it so far. At least I feel like there is some real judging going on. At the moment it actually seems like both Simon and Paula are taking things seriously. It could be the editing, but towards the time when they were both on AI, it was getting ridiculous between them.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Dude PUT YOUR PANTS ON,yikes.Liking the show so far,nice seeing Simon again.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm really enjoying it so far even Cheryl Cole. The 42 year old Mom almost made me cry.

The penis guy was DISGUSTING!

Guess we get to see how Miss Pussycat Doll does starting tonight.....

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I can't fault Paula for hurling,sick,I liked the mom and the girl @ the beginning.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Is she actually touching herself?!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

U would think when the crowd boo's people would get the hint.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Sep 21 2011, 08:45 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Oh that penis guy was all sorts of brilliant!

A youtube sensation is born.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm so torn because Modern Family and ANTM All Stars are on at 9pm, then there's Charlie's Angels tomorrow with VD...

Watching now. I like Cheryl Cole. Interesting to see LA Reid since some of the people he mentored (with LaFace) wound up bankrupt.

I think I'll be hooked until audience voting takes over, though, and the mediocre rise to the top. Mostly because of that first girl- she was everything I hate (so precocious!) yet I enjoyed it.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I was thinking about Charlie's Angels too,but I've heard a few critics says it's crap,then again I usually like what Critics don't.

Except for that guy who cannot keep it in his pants I like the show so far.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I'm enjoying the show so far but I don't know how much Nicole S. I can take. I liked the little girl in the beginning, and the mom that sang "Natural Woman". There was one more but I can't for the life of me remember who it is now.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

So far no one has gotten through tonight. They have all sucked. Especially that first girl who ruined Piece Of My Heart. I wanted to beat her ass for even attempting that song.

The guy, Nick, who's about to perform now looks like the spawn of Galen Gering and (early 90's) Vanilla Ice.

EDIT: Oh he's doing Elvis Presley's Trouble. I don't get the applause. Sure he has energy and a few moves, but vocally he was lame and very pitchy.
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Sep 22 2011, 07:32 PM.

Layla
Member Avatar

I don't even remember the first girl, LoL. Was she the chick that couldn't stop talking?

The girl that sang 'Firework' (LoL, I'm not good at remembering names at all) wasn't good, IMO, but I really felt bad for her when she started crying. I thought the judges were going to change their minds and let her go through. Liked how Paula went up and gave her a hug! :)

Zoe, I agree with you about Nick. Didn't think his vocals were that good.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

Quote:

I don't even remember the first girl, LoL. Was she the chick that couldn't stop talking?

Yeah that's her. Very annoying. And she had the nerve to ask if her singing was really that bad. LMAO!

Quote:

The girl that sang 'Firework' (LoL, I'm not good at remembering names at all) wasn't good, IMO, but I really felt bad for her when she started crying. I thought the judges were going to change their minds and let her go through. Liked how Paula went up and gave her a hug!

I agree. I felt really bad for her too. It was sweet of Paula to go up there and hug her. She can always try again if she improves her vocals. :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

That guy with the sunglasses on his head was getting on my last nerve,but Simon liked him?Has he been on something since leaving idol?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Simon is much nicer than he used to be, and he is liking people that are not that great. I liked a few of them tonight; Melanie was really good! For the most part I am not that impressed though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply