Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The X Factor
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 12:15 AM (5,215 Views)
Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Girl, rugby coach, (she sang Stop, in the name of love)) was awesome.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

Rachel Crow is a girl to watch she was amazing. A star is born, she is only 13 years old.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Michael Baldwin
Sep 23 2011, 07:32 AM
Girl, rugby coach, (she sang Stop, in the name of love)) was awesome.
I thought the arrangement was cool (hopefully they won't emphasize that, though) but the vocals were just OK. It was pretty, but I didn't really get it as something spectacular.

Rachel needs to go to Broadway and do Annie. I don't mean that as an insult- I just think she's that kind of performer.
Edited by px780, Sep 23 2011, 12:28 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Why is the British female judge replaced by Nicole S?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2011, 01:01 PM
Why is the British female judge replaced by Nicole S?
I don't know if the real reason for that was ever revealed. The story out there though is they didn't think people would know who Cheryl Cole was so they replaced her with Nicole S. I liked the small bit I saw of Cheryl better honestly and people may not have known her at first but they could get to know her. I mean when AI started nobody really knew who Simon was and I didn't know who Randy was either.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The rumor I read about Cheryl was that it was accent-related- they didn't think people would either understand her or sit through a show with so many British people. Then there was one that she was homesick. Who knows, though.

I liked her better, too, mostly because I can't see the Pussycat as a credible mentor. I mean, she's had like 5-6 singles as a solo artist at this point and not one of them has stuck. She also lead a group that should have been much bigger than it was, since it didn't have a lot of competition. She's good at maintaining a moderate level of fame, it's true. But not as a musician. JMHO of course.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OMG! That guy who got butt nekked and sang his "I'm a stud" song was GROSS! LMAO at Nicole's reactions to him. That was just insane

LOVED Rachel Crow, and I also loved that little boy band group "The Answer" :)

I kinda like this show so far!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I read on a blog that the naked guy wasn't naked, he was wearing a thong. Paula's reaction was way over the top!

King
Member Avatar

I really like X Factor! I have missed Simon and Paula.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Nicole Scherzinger is acting just like I thought she would and I hate it. The part where she started belting out that Whitney Huston song while that girl was on stage was just so obnoxious. I understand she may have been annoyed by what Simon said but geeze. I enjoyed the bit of Cheryl Cole they showed tonight and wish there had been more.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Simon practically begging for that girl to be let thru was fun,I don't think I've seen Simon like that EVER.The girl was good,but Nicole and Paula were right,she switched keys too much on both songs,but with some work she'll be really good.

I liked the burrito guy,I wasn't expecting him to be good.

Layla
Member Avatar

Normally I despise anything that has to do with Justin Bieber (I'm a music snob like that, okay? :P ) , but I really liked Drew, the girl who sang 'Baby'... probably a lot more than I should. I can't believe that she's 14! That was definitely one of the best auditions, IMO. There's already a ton of clips of her cover on YouTube, so it seems like I wasn't the only one who was impressed with her rendition. I have a feeling she's going to be quite successful. Here's a clip of her for anyone who hasn't seen it: (My favorite part is between 0:35-0:50.)

I liked the two best friends at the beginning and also the country singer who had to sing a cappella since the music wasn't working. The burrito guy ( :laugh: ) was great too!

I didn't like the guy who sang Radiohead's 'Creep'. Kudos to him for picking an awesome song, but I didn't find anything impressive about his voice. Even his dancing was lame.

I can't stand Nicole Scherzinger! Throughout the show, she had such a smug, bitchy look on her face. Ugh. And LOL at Simon trying to get Tia (?) through. I was kind of hoping he would say "This is MY show. So STFU!" to Paula and Nicole, LMAO. :P

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I agree, Drew was really good! I also liked the blonde friends at the beginning and the burrito guy. Overall, I thought this audition show was better than last week.

Tomorrow is the last of the audition shows, I am glad they aren't going to go on for weeks.

The girl that Simon loved was alright, but not as great as he was acting like she was. The whole DOA segment was funny.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

BalscoFan5
Sep 28 2011, 11:27 PM
I liked the burrito guy,I wasn't expecting him to be good.
Me either. The whole setup made me think he would be embarrassingly awful, but he was so good I actually closed the laptop and paid attention. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

The singing burrito guy impressed me too, but I can't stand Nicole. They should stuck with Cheryl, I can see Nicole bringing in her attitude everytime Simon disagrees with her and I can see them butting head. She seem to have a knife stuck up her butt. They should have stuck with Cheryl at least she will keep it professional.
Edited by Dakota, Sep 29 2011, 11:53 AM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

Miss Rhi
Sep 28 2011, 08:53 PM
Nicole Scherzinger is acting just like I thought she would and I hate it. The part where she started belting out that Whitney Huston song while that girl was on stage was just so obnoxious. I understand she may have been annoyed by what Simon said but geeze. I enjoyed the bit of Cheryl Cole they showed tonight and wish there had been more.
Yeah, you took the words out of mouth. Again, they should have kept Cheryl Cole instead, what a waste. If this is what I have to sit through with Nicole. :hmmph:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

:roflol: @ one of the biggest all girl bands and being a successful single artist....

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Simon is too nice. I don't like it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I can only watch pieces because it's on against better shows, but Nicole...Nicole is useless. Seriously. I know y'all have said that, I just have to vent that out. They should have either kept Cheryl- who seemed very sweet and articulate- or waited until Mariah Carey was available full time (since she'll be involved with this somehow, allegedly).

Or just pick any random schmuck of the street. Because frankly...any one of us could bring something more than what she's bringing. The only saving grace is that Simon seems to hate her.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

px780
Sep 30 2011, 04:11 AM
I can only watch pieces because it's on against better shows, but Nicole...Nicole is useless. Seriously. I know y'all have said that, I just have to vent that out. They should have either kept Cheryl- who seemed very sweet and articulate- or waited until Mariah Carey was available full time (since she'll be involved with this somehow, allegedly).

Or just pick any random schmuck of the street. Because frankly...any one of us could bring something more than what she's bringing. The only saving grace is that Simon seems to hate her.
They should have brought some great music talent on the show, they could have ask Patti LaBelle to come on, she can teach a master class on singing, and how it should be done. Like you said, Mariah Carey could have done it as well; however, I noticed her voice isn't what it used to be anymore. She can't seem to hit the really high notes like she did in the 90s.
Edited by Dakota, Sep 30 2011, 12:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply