Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 10:02 PM (9,415 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

I really liked it.

But I still think Emily vanCamp is miscast. And I think they gave away too much in the premiere, especially the beginning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I really liked it,favorite of the new shows so far.

Alin89
Member Avatar

should i watch this show?

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

This was one of the shows I was looking forward to seeing but it comes on when SVU comes on. I'll have to watch it when it's available on the ABC site, maybe tomorrow if it's up. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i am loving this show so far.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I saw the previews for this show during DWTS. It looked interesting but I'm expecting it to flop.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Seems like a one season wonder to me. It's a concept that could never be sustained for a long running series.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed it, but like the rest of you, I can't see what happens after season 1 (other than Madeline Stowe taking counter-revenge for an entire second season)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Might have to DVR it after reading the good reviews here. It did well in the ratings apparently. It was well sampled. Surprise hit of the season? We will have to wait a few weeks to see if the ratings stabilize.

aimees76
Member Avatar

You know, I wasn't going to watch it because that was my first thought when seeing the previews - what the heck would sustain this show? - but it happened to have just started when I got home from work last night so I watched and I REALLY enjoyed it. I'm afraid I'm going to get hooked and then it will be canceled at the end of the season like The Event (which I am still mourning :( ).

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Just watched the premiere eppy online and I really liked it. Love Madeline Stowe and she's going to be great to watch as the queen baddy. I would have preferred a different actress for Emily but she will have to do.

Layla
Member Avatar

I don't usually watch shows on ABC, but I thought the premise was interesting so I gave it a shot. It was actually pretty good! I enjoyed it a lot.

Love Madeleine Stowe. I can't believe she's 53! Who cares if her forehead can't move? She still looks fab, LoL.

I didn't really like VanCamp either. She just doesn't have enough charisma or sass for the role, IMO.

The music on the show is great! Loved that they featured 'Hold On' and 'For You' (both by the lovely Angus and Julia Stone. If you've never heard of them, go check them out on YouTube now!).

I'll keep watching but since I don't think this show will last, I'm not going to get too invested in it.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Keep watching Layla, it did great in the ratings and even at the usual 10-15 drop off in the 2nd week, it will still have good numbers. :)

MischaD

We've lost the daytime soaps so when I see something here during primetime that is going to pull all the numbers -Im all in. I loved it. I loved how Emily was able to expose Lydia and have her vanquished by the QUEEN.

I found the premise of Jack's nine or ten year old boy smitten and forever in love with Amanda a bit weird. Crazy talk from this romantic at heart, whenever I see Ally McBeal all I can think of is her and Billy falling in love when they were just babies at the young age of 10.

six
Member Avatar

Loved this one and I can't wait to see her taking people down. I hope they already have the whole arc planned out and that they don't try and drag it out forever. This kind of show needs to have a set end date. The thing that took me out of it though - the dog. That same dog is alive and well 17 years later? Okay. :unsure:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I don't know if the show will last,I hope it does,but I saw cast members on a local news channel say the writer has enough ideas for the show to last a couple years.

Tonight's show was IMO better than the premiere,my new fave show of the season,loving all the drama.

Alin89
Member Avatar

the second episdoe was even better.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i watched this week's episdoe im loving and loving it.

Ashley22
Member Avatar

ICA! The show keeps getting better and better! I can't wait to see what happens this week and whose life Emily will turn upside down this week! :D

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I almost stopped watching after the first episode not for lack of interest, but wondering how the show could last more than a season based on the premise. But it is a good show.
Edited by skiman1208, Oct 9 2011, 09:16 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply