Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 10:02 PM (9,295 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

I really liked it.

But I still think Emily vanCamp is miscast. And I think they gave away too much in the premiere, especially the beginning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Holy crap at the end of this episode and the scenes for next week. It looks riveting. I seriously can't wait for the finale.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The actress who plays Charlotte is one of the worst I have ever seen - her acting resembles a poorly sighted person trying to read off a teleprompter.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I have loved Revenge since the show debuted but I HATE that little shrimp Jack. I cannot believe that the writers have taken the rebel, idealist that Daniel was and turned him into a Daddy Clone. If this show has one odious character it is Conrad Grayson. Even Victoria seems to have more love in her in than that unfeeling snake. It seems to me that the writer has adjusted Daniel to a darker, unappealing character in order to further the plot rather than sticking with Emily being truly torn about her methods of revenge and her feelings for Daniel. Now it is easy for her to forge ahead because Daniel's behavior has negated any hesitation on Emily's part. As for Jack, I just feel the part was miscast. Who in their right mind thinks Emily VanCamp and this guy are a romantic match. It's like watching Mutt and Jeff together.

I certainly hope there are some twists about Daniel so that I can remain invested in this story because Emily mooning over the Mutt won't keep my interest.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

pspcindy
May 17 2012, 06:49 AM
I have loved Revenge since the show debuted but I HATE that little shrimp Jack. I cannot believe that the writers have taken the rebel, idealist that Daniel was and turned him into a Daddy Clone. If this show has one odious character it is Conrad Grayson. Even Victoria seems to have more love in her in than that unfeeling snake. It seems to me that the writer has adjusted Daniel to a darker, unappealing character in order to further the plot rather than sticking with Emily being truly torn about her methods of revenge and her feelings for Daniel. Now it is easy for her to forge ahead because Daniel's behavior has negated any hesitation on Emily's part. As for Jack, I just feel the part was miscast. Who in their right mind thinks Emily VanCamp and this guy are a romantic match. It's like watching Mutt and Jeff together.

I certainly hope there are some twists about Daniel so that I can remain invested in this story because Emily mooning over the Mutt won't keep my interest.
You may not like the casting of Jack, but the show has never been ambiguous in declaring Jack and Emily as endgame - they have this deep spiritual deep connection that trumps Daniel being a hottie. Emily has never been conflicted about her romantic feelings to Daniel - her conflict has been about making him collateral damage in her revenge. I know lots of people dont agree with that assessment, but its never changed since Day 1.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 17 2012, 12:51 PM
pspcindy

You may not like the casting of Jack, but the show has never been ambiguous in declaring Jack and Emily as endgame - they have this deep spiritual deep connection that trumps Daniel being a hottie. Emily has never been conflicted about her romantic feelings to Daniel - her conflict has been about making him collateral damage in her revenge. I know lots of people dont agree with that assessment, but its never changed since Day 1.

I know my take on the show is from my pov as a viewer. I realize you are probably !00% correct as to endgame in the series but if that is the case the casting was backwards. I know I'm supposed to like Jack and feel the "deep" connection with Emily from their childhood but I don't and the actor who plays Jack is the reason. I can't feel empathy for a character when I am turned off by the actor. The brother, Declan is miscast too. IMO Both little jerks could fall into the Atlantic and I wouldn't shed a tear.

As for the path of the show, I always think once a series gets going the story, if it's a good one, sort of writes itself and it may meander away from the original concept. Only the writer knows if Tyler was the one who was slated to die on the beach but it seemed that it could have been Daniel.

I'm grumpy because I'm afraid my dislike of Jack will make my interest in the show wane and there is nothing I can do about it.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

pspcindy
May 17 2012, 03:30 PM
Southofsoap
May 17 2012, 12:51 PM
pspcindy

I know my take on the show is from my pov as a viewer. I realize you are probably !00% correct as to endgame in the series but if that is the case the casting was backwards. I know I'm supposed to like Jack and feel the "deep" connection with Emily from their childhood but I don't and the actor who plays Jack is the reason. I can't feel empathy for a character when I am turned off by the actor. The brother, Declan is miscast too. IMO Both little jerks could fall into the Atlantic and I wouldn't shed a tear.

As for the path of the show, I always think once a series gets going the story, if it's a good one, sort of writes itself and it may meander away from the original concept. Only the writer knows if Tyler was the one who was slated to die on the beach but it seemed that it could have been Daniel.

I'm grumpy because I'm afraid my dislike of Jack will make my interest in the show wane and there is nothing I can do about it.
I'm ambivalent to the casting/character of Jack so it doesn't bother me. I can see how it would bother you though.

You are right, the path of the series could change too. However I don't think any of the couples will get a happy ever after - its not that type of show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

I like both Jack and Emily and Emily and Daniel for different reasons but I do agree that it seems that the last couple of episodes have had Emily completely change in how she perceives Daniel in all of this. This is my take, in the beginning Emily viewed Daniel as part of her revenge plot, but I do feel that some of his actions (apologizing and owning up to the DUI that left his ex paralyzed), him going to jail and all that occurred there-- lead me to believe that she WAS falling in love with the guy and that she would be torn about including him as part of her plot to bring the Graysons down because by then she'd be completely in love with their son. But now it's totally different. You can tell that she hardly gives a fuck about what he wants now and it wasn't just that she was going to miss the chance to get to the guy with the white hair, it's more than that. She sees Daniel as a mini Conrad now which totally turned her off, and he seems to be too hell bent on salvaging his father's company and his future, but then I keep reminding myself that before he knew the truth his father made him promise that he would tell him everything as long as he made him that promise of rebuilding Grayson Global and protecting/supporting his sister too. He promised without knowing the enormity of what his father did. Maybe Daniel's revenge is purely to have his heart broken by Emily when she moves on to Jack? But that just seems so predictable and it would have had a better effect if Emily was still acting as if she wasn't having issues with Daniel, but he's already getting the vibe that she doesn't particularly see eye to eye with some of his decisions about him using their wedding as an image makeover attempt for his family.

I do feel that Emily and Jack are endgame but I just think that she would flip back and forth if something happens to Daniel as a result of one of her plots gone wrong.....and I mean something physical happening to him.....I just do feel that she has some love for the guy.....

King
Member Avatar

Does anyone else think that Nolan and Emily are cousins? And that lady is Emily's mom?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

King
May 18 2012, 03:36 PM
Does anyone else think that Nolan and Emily are cousins? And that lady is Emily's mom?
She seems way older than David Clark, even 10 years ago. Also, why would she have faked her death to Emily only to work as a secretary at Grayson?

Maybe Emily's grandmother but unknown to David Clark too?

Anyway, if this season finale dissapoints, I'm dropping the show next season

Mason
Member Avatar

Victoria arriving uninvited to the penthouse/condo/whatever, putting Lydia in her place and then slashing up the painting to reveal the evidence Conrad was hiding had to have been one of my favorite scenes of the entire series so far.

Although I think Jack's a bore, I'm not even invested enough at this point in who Emily ends up with (if she ends up with anyone) to be all that upset about what Daniel did for Conrad. I don't think the show's done a particularly great job of developing that triangle.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

pspcindy

I might love you.

That's what made Emily and Daniel so intriguing. Yes, he's a Grayson, but he's also not. It would be so much more intriguing to watch Emily struggle between wanting to be the girl Daniel loves and wanting to ruin everything and everyone he knows because they killed her father. And yeah, Emily and Jack were introduced as this fated childhood-sweethearts couple, but along came Josh Bowman and his chemistry with Emily VanCamp (add Nick Wechlers total lack of it with EVC plus Jack's lack of interesting qualities) and bam, you have a triangle. I think the writer even said that they never expected Daniel and Emily to become so popular. And that they'd certainly, if not cater to it, use it as the story progressed.

And they killed Sammy? Why not kill Jack? Would be far more shocking, give Emily even more reason to take them down.

Emily did have feelings for Daniel. It was made pretty clear when she looked sad that he wasn't the person she believed he was, that he was so easily manipulated to the other side. Now, I would love it if they undid that and had Daniel sit down with Emily and confess his big dark secret, that he wants to bring his father down and re-build the Grayson name in his own way, and will she stand by his side as he does that - come good or bad?... but either way I just love their chemistry, and I'll watch because this show is hell of a lot more interesting than most of the crap on TV these days.

Victoria is actually one of the best villains on TV. Yes, she's mean and she's harsh, but she's passionate and she knows how to survive. I rarely enjoy villains because they become so unlikable... Victoria's likable for some reason. And boy can MS deliver a comeback ;)

Alin89
Member Avatar

I liked the latest episode. I loved the ending of it that was a shocker. Poor sammy I loved the dog. I could hardly careless about charlotte. I so hope amanda kills the white haired man. y did daniel have to turn to the dark side. I think amanda is going to get the evidence from daniel's briefcase. I can't wait till next week's season finale.
Edited by Alin89, May 20 2012, 08:59 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Alin89
May 20 2012, 08:59 PM
I liked the latest episode. I loved the ending of it that was a shocker. Poor sammy I loved the dog. I could hardly careless about charlotte. I so hope amanda kills the white haired man. y did daniel have to turn to the dark side. I think amanda is going to get the evidence from daniel's briefcase. I can't wait till next week's season finale.
Its just a hunch, no proof, but I doubt Victoria gave the real evidence to Daniel.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ok I didn't see "Amanda" being knocked up coming.

Mason
Member Avatar

I was really disappointed with the season finale.

1. After all this, Emily didn't kill the man who murdered her father. REALLY? Cop-out!

2. "Amanda" being pregnant is so annoying, and not because I remotely care about Jack and Emily getting together, but because I have no interest in this thing being dragged out and especially with a cliché plot device like this.

3. I don't believe for a minute that Victoria is really dead (in which case, the much-hyped "death" in this episode was super lame and yet another cop/fake-out from this show)....but if she is, BIG mistake, show.

4. We've pretty much all called Emily's mother being alive practically from the beginning. That was hardly a shock.

Basically, the only way this episode can be worth something to me is if Charlotte is dead from overdosing when the show returns this fall.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
May 23 2012, 10:02 PM
3. I don't believe for a minute that Victoria is really dead (in which case, the much-hyped "death" in this episode was super lame and yet another cop/fake-out from this show)....but if she is, BIG mistake, show.
I didn't watch the finale because, as you know, I grew tired of the show spinning its wheels and finally threw in the towel, so who else (aside from Victoria who I don't believe for a second is actually dead) died?

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 23 2012, 10:34 PM
Mason
May 23 2012, 10:02 PM
I didn't watch the finale because, as you know, I grew tired of the show spinning its wheels and finally threw in the towel, so who else (aside from Victoria who I don't believe for a second is actually dead) died?
No one. At all. Unless you count Victoria (which, at this point, I don't), the body count was zero. And, as much as I want it, I'm not holding my breath that Charlotte will have died, either.

The more I think about it, the more I'm actually really pissed. The whole premise of this show is Emily getting revenge -- revenge is even the show's name for God's sake! -- so...where was the 'revenge' in the season finale? After everything we've seen, they just had Emily literally walking away from killing the man that murdered her father when everything she has done all season has been driven by and circumscribed in her desire to seek vengeance? She just kicks his ass a little bit and calls it a day? I call major bullshit on that. Everything about this finale was like the writers just wimped out.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm glad "Amanda" is knocked up. Maybe they can ship her and Jack's boring azz off the show. He's way too Buster Brown. Damn, they broke up Daniel and Emily. He's the one man she has chemistry with. I hate this one girl they might be pairing Daniel with.

They better not be killing Victoria. She is one of the few decent villains on the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Unless you count Victoria (which, at this point, I don't), the body count was zero. And, as much as I want it, I'm not holding my breath that Charlotte will have died, either.
I could never stand Charlotte so I'll be happy if she's dead, but she's no more relevant to the central plot than Tyler was. I can't imagine that her death will change anything too drastically (which is probably why they chose to kill her instead of someone of actual consequence).
Quote:

The whole premise of this show is Emily getting revenge -- revenge is even the show's name for God's sake! -- so...where was the 'revenge' in the season finale? After everything we've seen, they just had Emily literally walking away from killing the man that murdered her father when everything she has done all season has been driven by and circumscribed in her desire to seek vengeance? She just kicks his ass a little bit and calls it a day? I call major bullshit on that. Everything about this finale was like the writers just wimped out.
Ah... so the typical over-hype and under-delivery.

I'm not surprised. The writers of this show have no balls.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

I'm thinking that Lydia will be the one dead in the end. Charlotte will probably survive but we likely won't see Victoria again until later on next season.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply