Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge
Topic Started: Sep 21 2011, 10:02 PM (9,170 Views)
Mason

I really liked it.

But I still think Emily vanCamp is miscast. And I think they gave away too much in the premiere, especially the beginning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Caught up on Revenge over the wknd, and it's a fun guilty pleasure for me. I just like watching her take down the people, I don't even care if it makes sense or try to put too much thought in how she's actually doing it. If I think too much, I'll end up not enjoying it as much, lol. I do love Madeline Stowe and I'm loving seeing the different layers to her character. She makes the show for me.

Alin89
Member Avatar

this show is getting better and better i never want it to end.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Dare I say, my new favorite show..I watched the first 5 episodes in 2 days..Amazing show..Love the entire cast..Madeline Stowe is amazing...Love the premise and tonight's show had some great twists..

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I love this show!!! I think Emily Van Camp is wonderful in the part of "Emily". Madeline Stowe is great, as always. She is a real scene stealer. Josh Bowman who plays Daniel is very likable. Isn't it great how he does a flawless American accent? The whole feel of this show is just fantastic. The lush scenery, great sets, even down to using The Biltmore Hotel for the gala give the show a rich tapestry upon which to tell this hypnotic story.

Each week I can't wait to see what comes next. Oh Days if only you could tell a story half as good as this one.
Edited by pspcindy, Oct 20 2011, 10:09 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I caught half of this show last night and I need to see the series premier and the rest of the episodes I've missed....hunting online for them as we speak.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8639636&t=8579854
I caught half of this show last night and I need to see the series premier and the rest of the episodes I've missed....hunting online for them as we speak.

I think they are all on abc.com.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

pspcindy
Oct 20 2011, 12:30 PM
LuvingLumi
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8639636&t=8579854

I think they are all on abc.com.

Thanks, I found them and I'm sitting at work during lunch trying to watch the first episode. OMG!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's quite addicting..I watched 4 episodes on Tuesday on the way back from vacation in Miami..

Alin89
Member Avatar

omg the last episode was the bomb

lysie
Member Avatar

I think this is my favorite show of the new season.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

ABC claims the season’s Top 2 drama debuts on television with “Once Upon A Time” and “Revenge”

Andre

Absolutely love Revenge. It's my must-see network drama this season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I watched the first five episodes On Demand last night. I think I over-thought it a little bit because I wasn't as impressed by this show as the rest of you are. I did like it though. The overall plot is interesting, and I absolutely love Madeleine Stowe as Victoria. Lydia was great too, and I'm pissed that she's dead. The brothers who run the bar are boring as hell though, and I have absolutely no interest in Charlotte or any of her drama. Also, I'm not particularly crazy about Emily VanCamp, and I find that the show looks cheap at times with unnecessary CGI effects (Emily's front porch, Lydia falling, etc.). I'm going to keep watching though.

bstreis
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 26 2011, 12:10 AM
I watched the first five episodes On Demand last night. I think I over-thought it a little bit because I wasn't as impressed by this show as the rest of you are. I did like it though. The overall plot is interesting, and I absolutely love Madeleine Stowe as Victoria. Lydia was great too, and I'm pissed that she's dead. The brothers who run the bar are boring as hell though, and I have absolutely no interest in Charlotte or any of her drama. Also, I'm not particularly crazy about Emily VanCamp, and I find that the show looks cheap at times with unnecessary CGI effects (Emily's front porch, Lydia falling, etc.). I'm going to keep watching though.
I'm enjoying the show just for the guilty pleasure of watching people get what's coming to them, and mostly for Madeleine's Victoria. I do agree with everything you just posted. I try not to over-think things and am just going with it, if I think too much about how she does what then it'll ruin it for me, lol.

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Hold up there on Lydia, she fell down but she ain't done yet.

Perhaps this is their "Revenge" plan. Next season Lydia will come out of her coma and will get her revenge on the people who destroyed her. Who knows.

This is easily my new favorite show of the season. I too love watching someone dish out a plate of comeuppance. This will hold me over until Kill Bill 3 is released. And I thought for sure it was going to be a clunker like Happy Endings. Glad I stuck it out with both.
Edited by wiggleworm, Oct 27 2011, 05:01 AM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

The show was up +.3 last night to a 2.8/7

TheOutsider

I love this show. It's refreshing to have a prime time soap that is well thought out. The glamour doesn't hurt either as well as the lighting and sets. I'm over reality shows and I think there are enough legal and crime dramas on. I'm personally ready for some old school night time soaps again. I hope this one has a good long run.

bstreis
Member Avatar

I can't stand Daniel's best friend, whatever his name is...I guess he's playing his part well since I wish him death.

I'm glad Lydia's not dead, that made me happy. Coma's are good, she can wake up from that at anytime on a soap :)

I wanna like Jack cuz I think the guy is cute, but he just comes off as such a creeper. First with the sick obsession with like his 8 yr old friend, and now with his deep feeling connection with Emily. I get they're playing on that whole "soulmate connection" thing but it creeps me out, lol.

Andre

Was it just me, or did Daniel's friend (who was obviously pretending to be rich) look like he wanted to bone Daniel after the drugging?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply