Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Chloe Leaves Salem!; October 10th Issue
Topic Started: Sep 23 2011, 09:50 AM (3,713 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Please link to Daytime Royalty. Thank you.

This week marks the end of Nadia Bjorlin's appearances in Salem. Though a slew of actors left last week, the new head-writing team purposely delayed Bjorlin's goodbye.

"We really wanted to honor this character before she left," explains co-head writer Marlene McPherson. "We didn't want to rush her leaving. We also wanted to take Chloe back to some history that was very important to the fans." With a nod to Chloe's out-of-character hooker storyline, McPherson adds, "We really felt her character had been damaged, so we wanted to send her off with hope and positive steps for her future, showing that she was working towards a great thing, rather than going off in shame. We really needed the time to develop that story so that it would be good for Chloe."

To that end, Brady and Chloe share some meaningful scenes before her goodbye. "I am very happy that Brady and Chloe have some wonderful moments before Nadia Bjorlin's departure," enthuses Eric Martsolf (Brady). After a run-in with Kate, Chloe feels completely defeated. Brady notes her dark mood and gives his ex a much-needed pep talk, which gives Chloe the confidence to stand up to Kate. Chloe then heads for a singing audition and is hired for the gig.

But winning the job is bittersweet for Chloe. The chance for a new life in Chicago, where she'll be closer to Parker, means saying farewell to Salem -- and Brady. Martsolf asserts that Chloe's poignant send-off is a wonderful payoff for "Broe" fans. "The 'Broe' fan base is one of a kind," he smiles. "They have counted on this couple since I started playing him three years ago. Nadia and I have had little or no screen time together and the fans are still as passionate about this couple as they've ever been. I think they are going to be very happy."

Martsolf has high praise for the departing Bjorlin. "Working with Nadia is like working with my sister!" he comments. "We have the same sense of humor, the same outlook on things. It was very easy to work with her."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

smbashi

Thanks for posting. Still sad Nadia is leaving

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Brady and Chloe's scenes have been great with just the the hospital scenes. I can't wait to see them interacting when Chloe is out of the hospital bed. MarDar did a wonderful thing for Broe fans.

Ellie

1. What a classy thing for the writers to do, to allow her to stay for a bit like that. Wow.

2. The writers are being quoted in a routine SOD story! It really is a New Days.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

I'm a Phloe fan, and spent 2000 to 2005 wanting death to all things Broe and even I think how little Brady and Chloe interacted is preposterous. That triangle was gigantic back in the day, and hopefully sooner or later it's reignited once again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 23 2011, 10:56 AM
2. The writers are being quoted in a routine SOD story! It really is a New Days.
I know! That's one of the most exciting changes. We're getting to read previews of the stories from the actual writers that wrote the story, rather than Ken Corday or the actors trying to spin what's been written. What a change.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Ellie
Sep 23 2011, 10:56 AM
1. What a classy thing for the writers to do, to allow her to stay for a bit like that. Wow.

I noticed that too and I'm delighted! I also notice the vagueness of the spoilers being released. THIS is the way it should be.

rosered

Kenny
Sep 23 2011, 09:50 AM
Please link to Daytime Royalty. Thank you.

This week marks the end of Nadia Bjorlin's appearances in Salem. Though a slew of actors left last week, the new head-writing team purposely delayed Bjorlin's goodbye.

"We really wanted to honor this character before she left," explains co-head writer Marlene McPherson. "We didn't want to rush her leaving. We also wanted to take Chloe back to some history that was very important to the fans." With a nod to Chloe's out-of-character hooker storyline, McPherson adds, "We really felt her character had been damaged, so we wanted to send her off with hope and positive steps for her future, showing that she was working towards a great thing, rather than going off in shame. We really needed the time to develop that story so that it would be good for Chloe."

To that end, Brady and Chloe share some meaningful scenes before her goodbye. "I am very happy that Brady and Chloe have some wonderful moments before Nadia Bjorlin's departure," enthuses Eric Martsolf (Brady). After a run-in with Kate, Chloe feels completely defeated. Brady notes her dark mood and gives his ex a much-needed pep talk, which gives Chloe the confidence to stand up to Kate. Chloe then heads for a singing audition and is hired for the gig.

But winning the job is bittersweet for Chloe. The chance for a new life in Chicago, where she'll be closer to Parker, means saying farewell to Salem -- and Brady. Martsolf asserts that Chloe's poignant send-off is a wonderful payoff for "Broe" fans. "The 'Broe' fan base is one of a kind," he smiles. "They have counted on this couple since I started playing him three years ago. Nadia and I have had little or no screen time together and the fans are still as passionate about this couple as they've ever been. I think they are going to be very happy."

Martsolf has high praise for the departing Bjorlin. "Working with Nadia is like working with my sister!" he comments. "We have the same sense of humor, the same outlook on things. It was very easy to work with her."
So sad Chloe is really leaving for good.
Nice the new writers wanted to give her a positive ending .
I wish Nadia the best!!

Tibi
Member Avatar

Aww, I'm still so sad about Nadia leaving. :( I am so happy to get some really good Broe scenes before she leaves, it's about time! And I love Eric, he is the best. Oh, what could have been. :(

Beth
Member Avatar

Sounds like hope for bringing her back anew later on.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Beth
Sep 23 2011, 11:44 AM
I really hope she gets brought back soon. It is nice to see that the new writers are trying to undo the damage that was done to Chloe. It's just a shame that Dena didn't get fired sooner.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I definitely think Chloe should be back sometime down the line, as well as Phillip.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 23 2011, 12:18 PM
I definitely think Chloe should be back sometime down the line, as well as Phillip.
She should ONLY be back if Philip is. Otherwise, forget it.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

How refreshing to hear that the writers really do "get it". Will love every second of these scenes and sigh a little over opportunities lost and Dena's hack-job.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Very sad about her leaving but I believe she will be back. Also believe Broe will be given another shot.

rosered

Tabbie
Sep 23 2011, 11:48 AM
Beth
Sep 23 2011, 11:44 AM
I really hope she gets brought back soon. It is nice to see that the new writers are trying to undo the damage that was done to Chloe. It's just a shame that Dena didn't get fired sooner.
I know I hope she comes back too, but at the event in Greenville, she said the rumours of her returning weren't true. Plus the show has her other pairings involved with other ppl. they seem pretty serious about Brady and Madison, possible supercouple. and who knows what will happen with Daniel. so I don't know if they will ever bring her back, but She will succeed. Like Shelly Henning I am sure she will do great with other projects.

oraclerogue
Member Avatar

Another great character wasted under Dena's horrible writing. I will miss Chole but am happy that she is getting a decent send off.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Nice article. I love how the writers took their time to give Chloe a proper send-off and salvage her character, leaving the door open for her return. Very respectful.

Ana75
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Sep 23 2011, 08:02 PM
Nice article. I love how the writers took their time to give Chloe a proper send-off and salvage her character, leaving the door open for her return. Very respectful.
And I strongly believe that she will return. Really there is so much for Chloe yet to do.

TamVan
Member Avatar

This is totally nitpicky on my part, but I would have loved to have seen Chloe in her 'ghoulgirl' glasses one more time. She's in the hospital, she wouldn't have been able to wear her contacts, have her wearing the glasses and Brady walk in and say something like, 'I remember that girl'. Would have been a great nod to their history.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply