Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Chew's first ratings
Topic Started: Sep 27 2011, 05:00 PM (4,861 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

'The Chew' Premiere Tops Recent 'All My Children' Week In Women 18-49, Equals Its Viewership

Written By Bill Gorman

September 27th, 2011

Monday's premiere of The Chew, ABC's replacement for All My Children drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, that equals the most recent week's (9/12-16) AMC viewership (2.491 million) and exceeded its women 18-49 viewership (532,000).

here is the ABC press release:

“The Chew” Eats Up Ratings Success

ABC Daytime’s new lifestyle program “The Chew” launched with 2.5 million Total Viewers, opening larger than the 1997 launch of “The View” (1.9 million) and last season’s launch of CBS’ “The Talk” (2.2 million). Additionally, “The Chew” surpassed “The Talk’s” premiere across all 3 key women breaks: Women 18-34 (167,000 vs. 158,000), Women 18-49 (590,000 vs. 568,000) and Women 25-54 (732,000 vs. 672,000).

Moreover, “The Chew” exceeded “All My Children’s” 2010/11 season averages in Total Viewers (2.5 million vs. 2.4 million) and Women 18-49 (590,000/0.9 rating vs. 541,000/0.8 rating).

Celebrating and exploring life through food, “The Chew” is an innovative and groundbreaking daytime series co-hosted by a dynamic group of engaging, fun, relatable experts in food, lifestyle and entertaining. Produced by Gordon Elliott’s Chew Productions for the ABC Television Network, “The Chew” serves up everything food -- from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more -- all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. Featuring celebrity chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon and Carla Hall, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly and health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz, “The Chew” is a leap forward into a delicious new kind of lifestyle series.

---------

Excuse me while I go profusely VOMIT :puke: :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

:( I'm hoping it was just the side effect of soap viewers tuning in b/c they didn't realize AMC was going off the air, and they wanted to see who JR shot.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Lets be real. It WAS going to be sampled and the numbers arent THAT much bigger than AMCs. Btw tvguide jeered the debut episode of the chew.

King
Member Avatar

KMan101
Sep 27 2011, 05:33 PM
Lets be real. It WAS going to be sampled and the numbers arent THAT much bigger than AMCs. Btw tvguide jeered the debut episode of the chew.
Exactly.

It'll tank.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, I refused to even see what it was like. They're not getting my numbers.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I can't believe the press release calls The Chew "groundbreaking"

Seriously?

Gag me.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Boo.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I want Carla Hall to do well. But not in this vehicle.

As far as success goes- let's see what the numbers are 41 years from now. Heck, let's see 'em 41 weeks from now. One decent day does not a success in daytime make, imho.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I think this is pretty much the peak rating this show will get. Its all downhill from here (minus the occasional blip)!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Oh`WhoopDeeFuckingDoo :rolleyes:
All the PROMOTIONAL WHORING paid off is what I say, plus (The Spit) advertisement was flashed across our screens from Sunup til Sundown`24/Damn`Seven so Frons & his cronies got what they paid for.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Lame, I hope the ratings go down in subsequent weeks. They've been promoting the hell out of that show. I'd watch AMC online and they would do commercials for it's replacement during the feed. I found that so tacky.

CalAggie87

I agree I loved Carla when she was on TOP CHEF -- she should have won it. So I want her to get something out of this. But I want it to go down.

The local ABC affiliate's FB site had a question about the show. All responses were negative. I went back a while later to read more blasting comments, only to find that the question was deleted. Here the Chew is on at noon while DAYS is on at 1PM so it is not a matter of people watching either or.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

2.5 mil is the peak. People tuning in out of curiosity and because used to tuning in to AMC. Now comes the reality check for the network.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Whatever, it'll go down in the matter of weeks!

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh it's groundbreaking alright....hopefully they will keep breaking ground and bury themselves in the hole! It's usually pretty funny to hear a new show gets a good rating and a press release gets sent out asap hailing the show as a ratings hit. I'd run over a mule to see them tank next week. There is NO way that show can be entertaining. Someone on some thread said it best, "you can watch the same show 24/7 on the food network....in reruns!". Lol.

PassionateSoapy
Member Avatar

:puke: that is stilll my opinion of ther "chew". :moon: :flipoff: :soapbox: :drunk: :puke: 2 or 3 episodes do not make a sucess ABC. :redface:

blueskies
Member Avatar

PassionateSoapy
Sep 28 2011, 04:55 PM
:puke: that is stilll my opinion of ther "chew". :moon: :flipoff: :soapbox: :drunk: :puke: 2 or 3 episodes do not make a sucess ABC. :redface:
Hey, another Passions fan! :wave:

The Chew is now #2 on my sh*t list, right after The Today Show.

Cake_LH_fan

blueskies
Sep 28 2011, 05:12 PM
PassionateSoapy
Sep 28 2011, 04:55 PM
Hey, another Passions fan! :wave:

The Chew is now #2 on my sh*t list, right after The Today Show.
LOL! YES! Still hate The Today's Show unnecessary 4th hour! :eyeroll:

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

As expected and DESERVED, The Chew dipped it low on Tuesday!

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2011/09/a-soft-chew-on-abc/

LMFAO. People were tuning in out of curiosity or to see who JR Chandler shot!

:flipoff: SCREW THE CHEW. :flipoff:

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

I hope Days can "chew" them up and spit them out this week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply