Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Chew's first ratings
Topic Started: Sep 27 2011, 05:00 PM (4,895 Views)
bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

AllmyDaysatGh
Sep 28 2011, 09:11 PM
As expected and DESERVED, The Chew dipped it low on Tuesday!

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2011/09/a-soft-chew-on-abc/

LMFAO. People were tuning in out of curiosity or to see who JR Chandler shot!

:flipoff: SCREW THE CHEW. :flipoff:
Hahahaha, love it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

AllmyDaysatGh

Oh my god! How delightful! :cheer:

DROP MORE!

Beth
Member Avatar

I hope it tanks big time. I would love to see no one watch it. We need less daytime talk not more.

bstreis
Member Avatar

Another article about the Chew's declining ratings :)

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/the-chew-continues-to-lose-steam-as-ratings-down-over-last-few-days/2011/09/29/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I want more ABC spin on it. Something about how it's new and will take time to find an audience.

It does seem like perhaps there wasn't a huge number of people out there looking to be educated by television, as Frons claimed. Who knows, though. One or two good publicity stunts might pull their numbers up. I don't remember The View really being much of anything until they started fighting (which I'm sure is totally unscripted drama).

blueskies
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh

Nice! :rockon:

Considering ABC spammed the h*ll out of the ads for this show and NEVER had any on for AMC, makes me wonder what AMC might have had if they had more support on the network.

RutherfordBHayes

Lord knows I was involved in local, county, state and federal politics (before I took ill). We all know how politicians and CEOs will always place a 'positive' spin' on the worst possible event...I just wonder how the dear, beloved Brian Frons can put a positive spin on the fact that the cancelled soap, AMC, reached #2 in its final week, and the much-anticipated (at least to Brian Frons and ABC) 'The Chew' is falling faster than a lead balloon.

I would love to know the official ABC spin on these turn of events.

They'll have have 1,001 manufactured reasons for the fall in the Chew's ratings. They may even say that viewership dropped due to the Jewish holidays, the end of the 'regular' baseball season, or maybe blame it on the alleged Ashton Kutcher/Demi Moore split. We shall see.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Whatever the case, I'm sure they'll say they expected it and they aren't concerned. It's just building/finding an audience. Blahblahblahblah.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I didn't know Dr. Oz's daughter was on this show until I saw her on an episode of his show I watched that had a segment about chronic pain and the segment with her was on right after that. Haven't watched The Chew and don't plan to, the way people have described it makes it sound like it's way to busy with everyone in each segment.

blueskies
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 1 2011, 05:27 PM
Whatever the case, I'm sure they'll say they expected it and they aren't concerned. It's just building/finding an audience. Blahblahblahblah.
that's what i'm expecting too. IF they cancel it (and that's a big IF) I think they'll do so quietly. I still think "Katie" will be replacing GH, nomatter what the ratings of The Chew & The Revolution turn out to be. Then after those all fail I'm expecting Frons to be fired.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

The Chew doesn't have to pull in the same ratings as the soaps to be profitable because it is much more cheap to produce. So unless these shows pull in like 1.5s or lower, they're here to stay, unfortunately.

Jenn<3'sDays
Member Avatar
"You know what works better then kindness, A really big hammer." - Zuri Ross

Give it time, it'll sink faster than the Titanic.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

:D Seems by this read TheEw lost some of there mojo! :D

The Chew continues to lose steam as ratings down over last few days!

Courtesy/ABC

New ABC daytime talk show The Chew, hosted by Mario Batali, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly, Daphne Oz and Michael Symon, which this week replaced the 41-year old soap opera All My Children has faltered in the ratings over the last few days. Monday’s show saw The Chew doing well for its debut, but according to media experts this have taken a downward turn.

TVMediaInsight.com is reporting that “based on the 56 metered markets, day three of The Chew (Wednesday) the series dipped to a 1.8 rating/6 share in the overnights based on Nielsen Media Research. Comparably, that was a loss of 36 percent in rating and three share points from the lead-in average (2.9/ 9, which is a combination of syndicated programming and local news) and 14 percent in rating and one share point from All My Children one year earlier (2.1/ 7 in Sept. 2010).

The Chew averaged a 1.8 rating/6 share on Tuesday, which declined by14 in households and one share point from Monday’s 2.1/ 7, according to Nielsen Media Research.

For the three telecasts to-date, The Chew is averaging a 2.0/ 6 out of a 2.9/10 for the lead-in. All My Children in Sept. 2010 was a 2.1/ 7. Considering recent ratings for All My Children were at an historical low, this is a very disappointing week one to-date for The Chew.

Via Michael Fairman

blueskies
Member Avatar

did anyone see this? Michael Fairman posted a twitter link. I thought the line abt ppl treating him like he cut off Erica Kane's head was kind of funny (and likely true).

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/encounter/mario-batali-2011-10/

bstreis
Member Avatar

^^I read that this morning, and thought it was funny. And does he really think having Lucci on his show will help any? LOL. If she's offered an invitation, she better decline it publicly! That would be pretty great.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I wish fans of AMC would quit spamming the panel from The Chew. Batali is right...he's not the reason ABC gave up on soaps. ABC's the reason. And bombing Batali, Michael Symon, and the rest with Twitter spam of how "bad" their ratings are isn't gonna bring AMC bad. Their anger is in the wrong place. And stuff like this makes soap fans look immature, irrational, and even psychotic.

The fans' efforts would be better utilized urging Prospect Park, the crew, and the cast(who are, no doubt, disillusioned having packed up their entire family to move out west) not to give up on AMC online. Only two actors have signed up so far for the web venture.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

bellcurve
Oct 4 2011, 04:01 PM
I wish fans of AMC would quit spamming the panel from The Chew. Batali is right...he's not the reason ABC gave up on soaps. ABC's the reason. And bombing Batali, Michael Symon, and the rest with Twitter spam of how "bad" their ratings are isn't gonna bring AMC bad. Their anger is in the wrong place. And stuff like this makes soap fans look immature, irrational, and even psychotic.

The fans' efforts would be better utilized urging Prospect Park, the crew, and the cast(who are, no doubt, disillusioned having packed up their entire family to move out west) not to give up on AMC online. Only two actors have signed up so far for the web venture.
I think it is totally justified..and deserving...regardless if the cast of THE CHEW made the decision or not (clearly they didn't), they still chose to attach themselves to a project that resulted in the axing of a show that had been on the air for 41 years and is an American pop culture icon.

I think AMC fans have accepted it is not coming back to ABC....but the worst kind of fan is a scorned soap opera fan...they are unleashing their hate and anger on ABC and I don't blame them for extending that towards everything and everyone associated with the show that replaced their soap opera.

Bitali comes off as an insensitive prick in that article, that comment about having Lucci on THE CHEW was a proverbial spit in the face of AMC fans and IMO he deserves all the backlash he gets for attaching himself to something that resulted in AMC's disrespectful treatment from ABC.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 4 2011, 05:07 PM.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 4 2011, 05:04 PM
bellcurve

I think it is totally justified..and deserving...regardless if the cast of THE CHEW made the decision or not (clearly they didn't), they still chose to attach themselves to a project that resulted in the axing of a show that had been on the air for 41 years and is an American pop culture icon.

I think AMC fans have accepted it is not coming back to ABC....but the worst kind of fan is a scorned soap opera fan...they are unleashing their hate and anger on ABC and I don't blame them for extending that towards everything and everyone associated with the show that replaced their soap opera.

Bitali comes off as an insensitive prick in that article, that comment about having Lucci on THE CHEW was a proverbial spit in the face of AMC fans and IMO he deserves all the backlash he gets for attaching himself to something that resulted in AMC's disrespectful treatment from ABC.
They chose to attach themselves to a project. Exactly what you said. They didn't sign up to be repeatedly harassed by people who are boycotting their show. That's stupid and childish. It borders on harassment and psychotic behavior.

Batali wasn't being insensitive...I think he believes that would be an olive branch to the fans whose show he replaced. Batali probably doesn't even understand what it means to be an avid soap fan.

I mean, call a spade a spade. You would probably agree that Crystal Chappell's crazy ass fanbase were douchebags in spamming DAYS actors/writers/producers and the show with twitter garbage. I can tell you would agree with that by the avatar you've posted(which I STILL like...). Other than the fact that the spammed party isn't soap opera related, what makes this situation any different from the other?

You may think that AMC fans actions are justified, but it's a double standard. And I still think it's psychotic. That energy should be directed towards keeping the show alive via Prospect Park or the anger should be directed at Frons. Not at the hosts and the people behind the show. But hey, it's a free nation...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

bellcurve
Oct 4 2011, 07:10 PM
Mitchapalooza
bellcurve

They chose to attach themselves to a project. Exactly what you said. They didn't sign up to be repeatedly harassed by people who are boycotting their show. That's stupid and childish. It borders on harassment and psychotic behavior.

Batali wasn't being insensitive...I think he believes that would be an olive branch to the fans whose show he replaced. Batali probably doesn't even understand what it means to be an avid soap fan.

I mean, call a spade a spade. You would probably agree that Crystal Chappell's crazy ass fanbase were douchebags in spamming DAYS actors/writers/producers and the show with twitter garbage. I can tell you would agree with that by the avatar you've posted(which I STILL like...). Other than the fact that the spammed party isn't soap opera related, what makes this situation any different from the other?

You may think that AMC fans actions are justified, but it's a double standard. And I still think it's psychotic. That energy should be directed towards keeping the show alive via Prospect Park or the anger should be directed at Frons. Not at the hosts and the people behind the show. But hey, it's a free nation...
I think you are right about Bitali not really understanding where perhaps AMC fans are coming from...he might not get just how crazy and passionate soap fans are....well clearly he doesn't actually, lol.

I don't know...while I agree it is sort of a double standard...I just cant help but feel for the AMC fans...they are lashing out in anger...but yes I guess you bring up some very valid points, especially when using the Crystal Chappell argument..it IS a bit different though.

I would probably react like that initially too if it was DAYS in AMC's place.

I do like though that THE CHEW knows how much they are loathed though...I want to see that show fail and fail HARD...it is the best thing that could happen for the soap genre.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 4 2011, 08:02 PM
bellcurve
Oct 4 2011, 07:10 PM
Mitchapalooza
bellcurve

I think you are right about Bitali not really understanding where perhaps AMC fans are coming from...he might not get just how crazy and passionate soap fans are....well clearly he doesn't actually, lol.

I don't know...while I agree it is sort of a double standard...I just cant help but feel for the AMC fans...they are lashing out in anger...but yes I guess you bring up some very valid points, especially when using the Crystal Chappell argument..it IS a bit different though.

I would probably react like that initially too if it was DAYS in AMC's place.

I do like though that THE CHEW knows how much they are loathed though...I want to see that show fail and fail HARD...it is the best thing that could happen for the soap genre.
Thanks for the reply. I was worried you were gonna flip when making that comparison.

The Chew is aware of how much they're hated. Michael Symon replies to angry soap fans tweets about the dismal ratings.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply