Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Chew's first ratings
Topic Started: Sep 27 2011, 05:00 PM (4,908 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

^I had to check his twitter after you said that (I haven't been following any of them). Anyway, he claimed that the reports are all wrong and that they are #1 in their time slot & demo. They're up against Y&R & DOOL, and Deidre said DOOL was up 50% in the ratings. I don't see how tit's possible for what Michael Symon to be claiming to be true.

http://twitter.com/#!/chefsymon/status/119922624594849792

@chefsymon michael symon
@Lothuial dont believe the haters...they r above expectations #1 in our timeslot & demo
Edited by blueskies, Oct 4 2011, 11:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Oct 4 2011, 11:00 PM
^I had to check his twitter after you said that (I haven't been following any of them). Anyway, he claimed that the reports are all wrong and that they are #1 in their time slot & demo. They're up against Y&R & DOOL, and Deidre said DOOL was up 50% in the ratings. I don't see how tit's possible for what Michael Symon to be claiming to be true.

http://twitter.com/#!/chefsymon/status/119922624594849792

@chefsymon michael symon
@Lothuial dont believe the haters...they r above expectations #1 in our timeslot & demo
Well I am sorry but the numbers don't line...he sounds delusional about the state of his show.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Well maybe he's technically correct. They could be above expectations, if expectations were really low. And the way they slice up the audience, maybe they were #1 in their demo. Who the hell knows what that demo could be- I'd assume 18-49 or 18-34 year-old women, but you never know.

It's all in how you break apart the tweet. And tv ratings...they're kinda weird.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 5 2011, 03:23 AM
Well maybe he's technically correct. They could be above expectations, if expectations were really low. And the way they slice up the audience, maybe they were #1 in their demo. Who the hell knows what that demo could be- I'd assume 18-49 or 18-34 year-old women, but you never know.

It's all in how you break apart the tweet. And tv ratings...they're kinda weird.
The Chew does not need to do as well as AMC was doing in order to justify its existence. LIfestyle shows are far more cheap to produce than Soaps. I would not worry about the Chew facing cancellation anytime soon unless HH ratings dip below 1.5.

Andre

blueskies
Dee said Days was up 50%? I'm intrigued... Where was this reported?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Andre
Oct 5 2011, 10:55 AM
blueskies
Dee said Days was up 50%? I'm intrigued... Where was this reported?
Someone quoted it from her fan page:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8629462&t=8581357

dragonflies
Member Avatar

ABC is feeding him a line of bull, of course he believes it LOL. It's what ABC does, they continually lie to people they employ

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply