Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Mary Beth Evans Returns!; October 25th Edition
Topic Started: Oct 12 2011, 08:30 PM (3,808 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Please link to Daytime Royalty. Thank you.

Mary Beth Evans will be back in Salem on December 14th, just in time for the holiday season. "Kayla comes back to help her mother at the pub," previews the actress. "The other day, Shawn Christian [Daniel], Patrick Muldoon [Austin] and Matthew Ashford [Jack] came in and poured their troubles out to Kayla. It felt like Cheers, where everybody stops by."

So far, Evans hasn't shared camera time with TV mom Peggy McCay. "Peggy is amazing," enthuses Evans. "I'm hoping that we'll be working together more now, too." The return is open-ended, with tape dates set for October and November. "I'm open to whatever," she smiles. "In the old days, if you weren't under contract, you would never go back. But times are different."

The daytime vet enjoys the advantages of not being tied to a contract. "I recently appeared on Dana Delany's series, 'Body of Proof.' I did a spot on the web series 'Pretty,' and I'm in a play, 'Murder at the Howard Johnson's,' that's running through October. We spent eight weeks rehearsing and I'm having the best time. I like to do a lot of different things. Coming back to Days is like the cherry on the ice cream."

This time around, however, Evans is working sans her TV daughter, Shelley Hennig. "That part is a drag," she admits. "But her face is on every billboard in L.A., so I feel like she's with me. I'm so excited for her. When Shelley was on Days, I used to tell her that she was a prime candidate for a CW show."

Evans is enthusiastic about the changes that have taken place at Days since the relaunch in September. "It's an exciting time to be there," she notes. "Over the course of the 25 years since I started at Days, there have been so many changes, but this one feels positive. They're trying to make the show more fun, with an emphasis on family. People want to see romance and love. I hope that if people tuned out, they tune back in."

Article scan courtesy of Forbidden Love.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

So, Kayla is back to help Caroline at the pub... But doesn't see Caroline? Um, ok.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see Kayla back in Salem. A little disappointed she hasn't shared any scenes with Caroline yet. I wonder if that means Peggy McCay won't be used for the Christmas episodes either. That will be a disappointment not to see Caroline at Christmas mass with the Bradys (that is, if we get that this year).

I'm looking forward to Kayla's discussions with Daniel, Austin and Jack. Jack is an obvious. Kayla was friends with Daniel before she left town. But Austin? That seems kind of random, but I'm open to see how the writers handle it.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Oct 12 2011, 08:40 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Glad to have MBE back!

Can't wait for her scenes with MA! :cheer:

WinterStar84
Member Avatar

Wasn't their rumors a while back that Peggy McCay was going to retire and/or the character of Caroline was going to die?

I wonder if Peggy McCay is wanting to retire?

I've also been hearing rumors of Joesph Mascolo (Stefano) was wanting to retire as well.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm very much looking forward to the Jack/Kayla scenes. I'm interested to see how they play it. There really wasn't much awkwardness in 2006, but that kind of makes sense with all the time that has passed. But I would love it if there was still some hint of their history just in how they react to each other.

And I definitely don't mind Kayla playing sounding board. I'd like more at some point, but it's a perfect role to her to play as a recurring, supporting character.

BradyB

I am glad to have Kayla back in Salem. I hope that Kim is not far behind. I do hope that she has scenes with Caroline!!

Kriss4

Kayla! And Jack! In some scenes...together!

History. History.
Edited by Kriss4, Oct 12 2011, 09:12 PM.

BradyB

Looking forward to some great scenes between Jack and Kayla. This would be a great time to play on their history.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm extremely interested in how the Jack and Kayla scenes will be played. There certainly won't be any specific mentions to exactly what there history entails, unfortunately, but I do hope there's some acknowledgement of the fact that they have a messy past.

philip&stephanie

Hopefully with Kayla back on canvas we will finally find out what happened to Stephanie.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Looking forward to Kayla's return! Cannot wait for Jack/Kayla scenes, it should be interesting!

TFP!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I love MBE and Kayla... I can't wait for her to return!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Love Mary Beth/Kayla-- happy she's back! Running the pub has possibilities but I hope we still see her in doctor mode.

FairyMay

So excited for MB to return! I'm dying to know where Steve is, so that should be interesting what they say about that. As for what she will be doing, I am dying to see her interact with Jack. I wonder if Abby knows that her father raped her aunt. If she doesn't, that could be a very very very interesting story, Abby finding out that her father was once a pretty awful guy and that he raped someone -- and that her mother married him anyway! Now, I love Jack, he was one redemption story that rang so true and so perfect and was entirely successful. But maybe Abby doesn't know that. So ... I hope that they go there. I hope that the awkward lives on in the Jack and Kayla scenes. Can. Not. Wait.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Glad to hear there will be a scene at least with Jack. Austin is random, but he's married to her niece, so okay. I think she went to at least one of his weddings in 2006.

I was wondering if that might be the case with Peggy. Beginning to worry a bit for her.

Filming in September, October, and November is all good.

Kyrai

granolagirl
Oct 13 2011, 01:22 AM
Glad to hear there will be a scene at least with Jack. Austin is random, but he's married to her niece, so okay. I think she went to at least one of his weddings in 2006.

I was wondering if that might be the case with Peggy. Beginning to worry a bit for her.

Filming in September, October, and November is all good.
I've been wondering about Peggy too. She didn't look well to me the other day. I hope it's just something temporary, and she's okay.

I can certainly understand if she might want to retire. I'm looking forward to that myself someday. I just hope nothing's wrong with her.

Janetpc

Well I read the other day that Peggy had been a little unwell-perhaps that is why she has not been back yet.

Go Kayla-you are simply the best. I will be returning to Days to see these episodes with Mary Beth.
Edited by Janetpc, Oct 13 2011, 03:09 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

FairyMay
Oct 13 2011, 01:18 AM
So excited for MB to return! I'm dying to know where Steve is, so that should be interesting what they say about that. As for what she will be doing, I am dying to see her interact with Jack. I wonder if Abby knows that her father raped her aunt. If she doesn't, that could be a very very very interesting story, Abby finding out that her father was once a pretty awful guy and that he raped someone -- and that her mother married him anyway! Now, I love Jack, he was one redemption story that rang so true and so perfect and was entirely successful. But maybe Abby doesn't know that. So ... I hope that they go there. I hope that the awkward lives on in the Jack and Kayla scenes. Can. Not. Wait.
I think at some point they will go there but now is too soon. Abby still has to forgive Jack for leaving the family to chase a story.
So it looks like Jack and Jen aren't together. Wonder what Dr. Tan is whining to Kayla about. I guess he still feels threatened by Jack.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Adore MBE and glad she will be back on days!
Edited by Ana75, Oct 13 2011, 10:06 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply