Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenge and Suburgatory Get Full Season Order; Also more 'Happy Endings'
Topic Started: Oct 13 2011, 06:57 PM (516 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

ABC Gives Full Seasons to 'Revenge,' 'Suburgatory'; Orders More 'Happy Endings'
The pickups and the additional script order mark Paul Lee's first moves thus far this season.

ABC is making its first moves during this television season, picking up the back nine on two Wednesday night offerings: Revenge and Suburgatory. In addition, the network has ordered six additional scripts for sophomore comedy Happy Endings.
Revenge, loosely based on the Alexandre Dumas book The Count of Monte Cristo, has been given a full 22-episode season. The series, led by Emily Van Camp and Madeleine Stowe, has been holding firm in its 10 p.m. slot, averaging 8.8 million total viewers and a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49 in its first three weeks. Its most recent episode won the hour in the demo, topping veteran CBS procedural CSI in the process.

Revenge, developed by Mike Kelley, centers on Emily Thorne (Van Camp), or Amanda Clarke, who returns to the Hamptons to take revenge on the people who destroyed her family, including her father's (James Tupper) death. Gabriel Mann, Henry Czerny, Ashley Madekwe, Josh Bowman, Nick Wechsler, Connor Paolo and Christa B. Allen round out the ensemble cast.

The full order is expected for Suburgatory, as the rookie series notched a strong ratings performance in its debut on Sept. 28, averaging 9.8 million total viewers and a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49, serving as a strong lead-in to Modern Family.

Starring Jane Levy, Jeremy Sisto and Cheryl Hines, Subugatory revolves around a single father (Sisto) and teenage daughter (Levy) who move to the suburbs after living in New York City. Created by Emily Kapnek, the Warner Bros. TV-produced series airs at 8:30 p.m. following The Middle.

The additional script order for Happy Endings comes as the comedy notched an 18 percent increase from its previous week, though the night saw less competition with no X Factor on Fox. The David Caspe-created half-hour series has seen a ratings bump in the plum post-Modern Family slot. Last year, Happy Endings followed a weaker lead-in, Cougar Town -- and saw several of its episodes aired out of order.

With the pickups of Revenge and Suburgatory, ABC's freshman series join Whitney, Up All Night, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Ringer, Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle in receiving full seasons. The network rolls out its ambitious fairytale drama Once Upon a Time later this month and new comedy Man Up! on Tuesday.

The news mark ABC chief Paul Lee's first moves thus far this season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Happy Endings is hilarious, so I'm thrilled they're at least getting more scripts. Suburgatory's not bad- I still think it's a tv attempt at "Easy A"- so that's a cool pick-up, too.

King
Member Avatar

I am obsessed with REVENGE! I love Emily Vancamp and Madeline Stowe.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Agree King, I was worried VanCamp couldn't pull it off, but boy was I wrong!

Alin89
Member Avatar

me and my mom just love revenge we r obsessed with that show.

MischaD

THE SOW states that RINGER, Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie also are safe from Cancellatin ad given full seasons.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

MischaD
Oct 30 2011, 01:01 PM
THE SOW states that RINGER, are safe from Cancellation ad given full seasons.
:cheer: I've really gotten into Ringer this is welcome news for me......Thanx for the info MD :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is great news...Suburgatory is my favorite new show of the season...so happy to know it will be sticking around until at least the end of this season!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Suburgatory is hilarious. Great to know it got a full season.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply