Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Chew down another 320K in viewers in 2nd week; Down 27% in Total Viewers compared to AMC
Topic Started: Oct 14 2011, 04:34 PM (1,561 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

ABC’s The Chew Declines in Week Two

Based on the Live Plus Same Day ratings results from Nielsen Media Research, new ABC daytime talker The Chew dipped from its already lackluster opening week ratings. The Chew averaged 1.78 million viewers for the week of Oct. 3, which was down by 322,000 viewers (or 15 percent) from the 2.10 million it delivered for the week of Sept. 26. Demo losses were 20 percent in women 25-54 (1.0 to 0.8 rating), 14 percent in women 18-49 (0.7 to 0.6) and 20 percent among women 18-34 (0.5 to 0.4).

The Chew, do doubt, is a huge disappointment for ABC.

Compared to year-ago time period occupant All My Children, The Chew declined by 650,000 total viewers, or 27 percent (2.43 to 1.78 million). In target females, The Chew suffered losses of 38 percent in women 25-54 (1.3 to 0.9), 33 percent in women 18-49 (0.9 to 0.6) and 20 percent among women 18-34 (0.5 to 0.4).

Demo ratings for The Chew were equal to similar appeal The Talk on CBS. But The Talk averaged 1.83 million viewers for the week of Oct. 3, which was slightly above The Chew.

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2011/10/abcs-the-chew-declines-in-week-two/
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 14 2011, 04:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is WONDERFUL news..the show continues to BLEED viewers week to week...DAYS is destroying it in the ratings and hopefully CBS/NBC have taken note of what a disaster this has been for ABC.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Which cast member will get fired/"quit' first, I wonder...I doubt they'll give up on it yet.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Oh, that's fantastic! Please let them keep falling.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Chew is also last out of all the 11 network daytime shows now...as it has fallen below CBS' The Talk.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 14 2011, 04:52 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I would really get rid of Mario, the Oz gal and Carla. I would keep Michael and the other one. They seem to be more personable than the other three. This could be half way decent but there's way too many hosts, they talk too fast and over each other and they're not all needed. Really, this would have been a good show for something like The Food Network for daytime or something.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

It doesn't look to be doing very well but it doesn't have to in order to make money for the network because it is a lot cheaper to produce than a 1 hour serial drama.

Cupcake06

This show truly sucks. I caught it a few times and all I kept thinking was...there's too many fucking people huddled together! Ugh.

Tammy
Member Avatar

:cheer:

lastDays
Member Avatar

Just the name of the show told me how stupid it was going to be

Beth
Member Avatar

Keep falling, keep falling, keep falling.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

lastDays
Oct 25 2011, 10:38 AM
Just the name of the show told me how stupid it was going to be
LMFAO! Isn't that the truth. The #HashTag Names On Twitter from folks are hilarious.

#TheSpew #TheSpit #TheFart #TheChoke etc; :laugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yes! Keep tanking!

james0479
Member Avatar

Bye bye Chew!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Does anyone know how THE CHEW performed in its 3rd week? I wonder if it fell some more?

blueskies
Member Avatar

^no, actually i think it went up slightly.

PassionateSoapy
Member Avatar

HA! I KNEW IT! :cheer: DOWN WITH THE chew. :shithitfan: :flipoff:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply