Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Question for Web Series Producers
Topic Started: Oct 19 2011, 01:16 PM (706 Views)
Mason

I'm helping to promote a 5-episode web pilot, and at this stage, we're trying to raise funds. How should I go about promoting our fundraiser? The series is about an independent record store owner fighting to keep her business/passion afloat in these harsh economic times. I've been in contact with indie record store owners across the country about cross promotion, but I need other ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Hi Mason, just so I understand, are you raising money to shoot the pilot, or do you have the pilot shot and are trying to promote it and figure out the best way to roll it out?

Indiegogo seems to be the best place to raise money from fans (you don't have to reach a certain level to use the money).

It sounds like you are on the right track with record stores. If you have shot it already, they might be willing to put up a poster in their shop or a link on their website just because of the subject matter. If you haven't shot, it could take place in one of their real stores and be shot after hours so that takes care of your main location.

Bravo to you! Best of luck with this.

Mason

Thanks Roger!

Right now we're just raising money through Kickstarter (which I don't really like because it's one of those where you do have to reach your goal amount in order to receive the money, but it wasn't my decision). The pilot hasn't actually been shot yet. The deadline to have the money raised is 9 days from now, and they only have about half of what they need, so I have no idea what they're planning to do if they don't reach their goal in time. My job as of now is simply to direct people toward the Kickstarter page.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Email this friend of mine who can give you some tips/ideas! I cleared it with her and she is waiting to hear from you! She's got her fingers in a lot of local media pies and knows a lot about fund raising!PS: Proud of you!

* sociallycece@facebook.com

Mason

Awe, thanks Gramps!

Is her name Cece? I don't want to address her as that in my email if it's not, LoL.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Oct 19 2011, 06:47 PM
Awe, thanks Gramps!

Is her name Cece? I don't want to address her as that in my email if it's not, LoL.
Yes! She goes by CeCe! She was amazing during that pilot shoot, holding everything together from behind the scenes! I also love that she isn't holding a grudge on me for stepping on her foot just before I tumbled down the stairs! :drunk:

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Mason, there are a number of indie soap/web series Facebook pages and twitter accounts, maybe some of those followers would be interested in your show? It seems like for traditional daytime soap fans, what gets them interested is when shows cast one of their favorite daytime actors. I'm always trying to get people to sample other shows, but there's a resistance there for some reason.

King
Member Avatar

Roger, are you on the east coast or west?

KMan101
Member Avatar

So, and I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere, or explained, but how are these indie soaps funded? How are the actors paid? Are they paid? What's the deal ... lol. Just curious how it all works.

King
Member Avatar

I am too. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply