Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/24; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Oct 22 2011, 11:17 PM (36,356 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I agree it might be an emergency re-write, but I'm fine with that because it should be how the storyline was intended to be written anyway.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Thomson
Oct 25 2011, 11:20 AM
Great, why did they even go there though? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Doesn't make much sense to me either. I get they're setting up stories and I see this eggbaby story as some kind of setup for something bigger (since it's going so quick on the reveal) but what I don't understand is...Why use something that's going to be so unpopular as a jump start to something better? (I guess maybe they didn't think having Dan as the eggbaby would be unpopular)

I think they're doing the same for the Caustin/Safe stuff, showing you what you don't want to see so then they'll go - we're not really going there! Just doesn't make any sense, esp when the point is not to alienate viewers.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Oct 25 2011, 11:39 AM
I agree it might be an emergency re-write, but I'm fine with that because it should be how the storyline was intended to be written anyway.
I am THRILLED if it is a rewrite...yes they fucked up, but if they fix it than to me they are admitting their COLOSSAL mistake and righting the major wrong they have done with this HORRID storyline, so that makes me happy.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I would love Dan to meet his maker and have Jack be the #1 suspect...perhaps even go to death row for it or something and Jennifer can work to prove his innocence...I would LOVE that!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 25 2011, 11:43 AM
I would love Dan to meet his maker and have Jack be the #1 suspect...perhaps even go to death row for it or something and Jennifer can work to prove his innocence...I would LOVE that!
I would LOVE that! Of course the way they're writing Jen and Abby now, they'd probably think he was guilty.

Mason

It really doesn't matter to me if Daniel ends up not being the 'egg baby', after all, in terms of how I feel about this storyline. I'll still hate this story because the whole concept was stupid no matter who the child was.

Kenny
Member Avatar

bstreis
Oct 25 2011, 11:41 AM
Why use something that's going to be so unpopular as a jump start to something better?

I think they're doing the same for the Caustin/Safe stuff, showing you what you don't want to see so then they'll go - we're not really going there! Just doesn't make any sense, esp when the point is not to alienate viewers.
I agree.

Even if it is revealed down the the road that Daniel isn't really Maggie's son and there's more to the story (like, perhaps, the fact that Daniel is a con artist and he set this whole thing up), starting the story this way is a really bad move. Why risk losing viewers by writing something we least want to see right off the bat? Ditto that for the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Rafe quad.

Hopefully once Daniel is revealed to be Maggie's son (or "son" -- we don't know yet), we'll start seeing glimpses of his duplicity and we can all breathe a little easier.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Thomson
Oct 25 2011, 11:29 AM
@ANGELPARKER ANGEL PARKER
Working on 'Days of our Lives' today. 3 years ago, I was here working as an extra. Feeling very grateful for this wonderful year.

http://twitter.com/#!/ANGELPARKER/status/128858273255403521
Disappointed. For a minute I thought this meant ASHLEY PARKER ANGEL, from O-Town, would be joining. What a downer. :frownie:
Edited by Bright Eyes, Oct 25 2011, 12:04 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I also agree with those that are saying that nothing would change their sentiments about the egg story being a mistake. It just is...I dont care if its Dan, Madison or another person not yet on canvas. It just uses history and turns it on its head!

YUCK to that guy from O-town.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

DiMeraFan67
Oct 25 2011, 11:28 AM
LuvingLumi I have heard something similar to that floating around and I love the idea. Sarah Brown would be amazing as a vindictive character. She's a little too nice right now, even though she has showed her catty side. I would love for that to be true. She was playing something close to this when she made Carly one of the best characters in soaps history. The reveal could be delicious.

I know why some people might be upset that they went there at all, but I think it has a lot more impact if they drag Daniel and Melanie into this for no reason and maybe Victor knows the entire time that its not true.
It would also create the issue with Maggie....if Victor knows the truth all along and he's keeping quiet because now he fears losing Maggie, while Maggie believes Dan is her son and Dan thinks he's her son and Mel thinks she's her grandmother, the minute they all find out it's not true and the finger is pointed back at Victor, Maggie will have some REAL conflict and their marriage (if it goes off) will be tested greatly. Maggie should have had more issues with Victor all along, didn't he try to kill her daughter at one point?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Mason
Oct 25 2011, 11:48 AM
It really doesn't matter to me if Daniel ends up not being the 'egg baby', after all, in terms of how I feel about this storyline. I'll still hate this story because the whole concept was stupid no matter who the child was.
True...the entire premise/concept of the story REEKS...but Daniel being the egg baby just puts it over the edge into Pukesville.

Mason

Kenny
Oct 25 2011, 12:04 PM
Even if it is revealed down the the road that Daniel isn't really Maggie's son and there's more to the story (like, perhaps, the fact that Daniel is a con artist and he set this whole thing up), starting the story this way is a really bad move. Why risk losing viewers by writing something we least want to see right off the bat? Ditto that for the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Rafe quad.

Hopefully once Daniel is revealed to be Maggie's son (or "son" -- we don't know yet), we'll start seeing glimpses of his duplicity and we can all breathe a little easier.
I'm not sure if I want that, either, though. I mean, I definitely don't want Daniel to be Maggie's son, but I don't really see Daniel as some kind of con man. Sleazy and hypocritical? Absolutely. But some kind of conniving schemer, not really.

This is why they never should have gone down this road to begin with, because there's really no good way to backpedal out of it (if they even choose to do that).

ProphecyGirl

LuvingLumi
Oct 25 2011, 11:22 AM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 25 2011, 11:13 AM
The @daysofourlives Twitter has been very interesting all morning. They are answering everything and probably going to end up in Twitter Jail soon for responding to so many people. It seems that the show is really listening to fan advice on this one. Any time someone mentions a past character, such as Billie Reed or Mike Horton they ask who was your favorite actor in the role? The Mike one really intrigued me. I can see him coming back soon.

In reply to this :

"@SoapGal1
@DaysofourLives @blizzardbella @esp1371 Agreed. I'm withholding my harshest judgements 2 allow 4 changes. Things r def better save egg stry"

DAYS says this :

"@DaysofourLives
@SoapGal1 @blizzardbella @esp1371 There's always possibility something you may not cotton to at first sets up something else in the future."

In reply to this :

"@esp1371
@DaysofourLives @blizzardbella @SoapGal1 But spoilers can be a double-edged sword when they don't seem to go the way you want, i.e.egg story"

DAYS says this :

"@DaysofourLives
@esp1371 @blizzardbella @SoapGal1 Because you're still only seeing so far down the line -- it's a limited perspective even with them. :)"

...IMO they're dropping anvils everywhere that Dan isn't really Maggie's kid. And I love it.
Yeah, I caught those also....and I'm sort of a bit relieved. Some have been speculating that Madison is the egg baby and that she somehow got wind of it and that is the reason she comes to town and partners up with Victor and romances Brady, especially if Victor had something to do with stealing the eggs.....THEN, it all might all fit....she's out to ruin Victor's life one way or another and this is just her way of doing it.
Now that would be a story, involving many characters. Nothing boring about it.

Just change this crappy "Dan as Egg Baby" story. Either the twist was planned or admit your mistake, MarDar.

Andre

ProphecyGirl
Oct 25 2011, 01:02 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 25 2011, 11:22 AM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 25 2011, 11:13 AM
The @daysofourlives Twitter has been very interesting all morning. They are answering everything and probably going to end up in Twitter Jail soon for responding to so many people. It seems that the show is really listening to fan advice on this one. Any time someone mentions a past character, such as Billie Reed or Mike Horton they ask who was your favorite actor in the role? The Mike one really intrigued me. I can see him coming back soon.

In reply to this :

"@SoapGal1
@DaysofourLives @blizzardbella @esp1371 Agreed. I'm withholding my harshest judgements 2 allow 4 changes. Things r def better save egg stry"

DAYS says this :

"@DaysofourLives
@SoapGal1 @blizzardbella @esp1371 There's always possibility something you may not cotton to at first sets up something else in the future."

In reply to this :

"@esp1371
@DaysofourLives @blizzardbella @SoapGal1 But spoilers can be a double-edged sword when they don't seem to go the way you want, i.e.egg story"

DAYS says this :

"@DaysofourLives
@esp1371 @blizzardbella @SoapGal1 Because you're still only seeing so far down the line -- it's a limited perspective even with them. :)"

...IMO they're dropping anvils everywhere that Dan isn't really Maggie's kid. And I love it.
Yeah, I caught those also....and I'm sort of a bit relieved. Some have been speculating that Madison is the egg baby and that she somehow got wind of it and that is the reason she comes to town and partners up with Victor and romances Brady, especially if Victor had something to do with stealing the eggs.....THEN, it all might all fit....she's out to ruin Victor's life one way or another and this is just her way of doing it.
Now that would be a story, involving many characters. Nothing boring about it.

Just change this crappy "Dan as Egg Baby" story. Either the twist was planned or admit your mistake, MarDar.

This sounds like a decent piece of soap story. Sarah Brown plays unhinged and angry very well. I hope they use her talents.

C'mon, writers! It is your job to sit around all day and plan our stories, something many people only dream of. Is it that had to make it compelling? Something tells me they spent too much time hanging with the cast and basking in their as-of-yet-unproven awesomeness to put forth decent story outlines.

"We're better than Higley!" is not something to be proud of, and as of this moment, isn't even true.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm a little shocked and excited that Peter Reckell retweeted my tweet that said this...

"@doolfan67
@DaysofourLives the real Roman (Wayne Northrop) and @peterreckell's Bo Brady have the best sibling relationship in soap history! #noquestion"

I have been dying for Wayne Northrop back and considering I used the term "Real Roman" I really didn't expect a RT or reply at all, but I guess Peter would love to have him back too!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kristian Alfonso
Having so much fun !! The S/L is sooo good ; ) hanging on set catching up with Joe ; ) http://www.lockerz.com/s/150232729

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

KJAlfonso: Having so much fun !! The S/L is sooo good ; ) hanging on set catching up with Joe ; ) http://lockerz.com/s/150232729
http://twitter.com/#!/KJAlfonso/status/128910026436911105

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to the Hope and Stefano scenes. Some of the first ones should be coming up soon.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

DrewHamilton
Oct 25 2011, 02:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the Hope and Stefano scenes. Some of the first ones should be coming up soon.
We've got that spoiler about Bope finding the pic of the baby & the fact that there's a copy of it at the DiMansion, so i'm guessing the week after thanksgiving will be the first Hope/Stefano scenes?!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Is that a new set...looks good to me.

Any scenes with Stefano and Hope are 100% ok by me!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply