Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Showtime Renews 'Weeds'; Picked Up For 8th Season
Topic Started: Oct 25 2011, 11:26 PM (496 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/weeds-renewed-season-8/

Well, itís high time this became official: Showtime has renewed Weeds.

The cabler has ordered a 13-episode eighth season of the Mary Louise Parker-fronted comedy to debut in 2012.

A press release Showtime sent out announcing the news made no mention of it being the final season, as some have speculated.
Edited by KMan101, Nov 11 2011, 04:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm torn about this.

I think Season 7 was a great season in terms of the show coming full circle in a way. Past characters returned and the season ended in a neat little package, but of course a shocking twist was thrown in. It could have easily served as the Series Finale.

Season 7 felt like the first few seasons of Weeds where it was more drama at home. Family, friends, dealers, troublemakers ... It wasn't on the levels of the first few seasons, or as dark and dramatic as the last few, but it was different and I liked it.

King
Member Avatar

I have two episodes left in Season 7. S 7 and 6 have been pretty rough for me.

I would like there to be an 8, and I want it to be the last one. Hopefully, knowing that, it can be a better season.

I really liked Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5. It can be great again! But the writing really has fallen short, IMO.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree. I didn't really like 5 or 6 all that much, it became a very different and dark show. Not that it was bad by any means. It was just different from the first four seasons. I liked 5 more than 6 (on the run wasn't that fun though it created lots of great family drama between the Botwins, which I really enjoyed).

Season 7 felt like the original days where Nancy got into mess after mess, with regular people pressuring her, etc. You know? It felt like old school Weeds, though it was admittedly boring and very different from the last two seasons.

8 should probably be it's last, bring the show full circle and say goodbye, though I wouldn't necessarily be too upset if the Season 7 finale (while rushed) ended up being the finale, with maybe a followup movie?

And while it was awesome to get Heylia and Dean back, I REALLY miss Celia!! Why did you leave, Elizabeth Perkins?? Sigh. I'm sure she'd return if asked. Did she leave on bad terms, her exit did seem rushed and not expected. I also really hope Romany Malco returns as Conrad. He's not doing much, I was surprised he didn't make an appearance this past season, though I was glad he was mentioned.
Edited by KMan101, Oct 27 2011, 08:39 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's official ... I updated the first post and changed the topic title.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/weeds-renewed-season-8/

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

After seasons 1,2 and 3 it was a wrap for Weeds, Hope they Kill' this Show and focus on the ones that work like Shameless , The Borgias etc; and I wouldn't mind if they brought back "Brotherhood" because it was really a good series.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply