Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
20 Classic ATWT Episodes Now on DVD; Update: ATWT Christmas Set Now Available (11/22)
Topic Started: Oct 13 2011, 06:13 PM (5,725 Views)
RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I worked on this project and I hope everyone buys many DVDs!
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/atwtdvd.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I was so shocked that I did a double take when I saw this on TV Shows on DVD. Awesome news!

When will these be available to buy?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I would absolutely love if they could do this for some of the other soaps as well! I never really watched As the World Turns (aside from the occasional episode here of there), but I would be all over some old DAYS or AMC sets.

BradyB

THis is great news. I hope they do other shows as well. Id love to have Days and Another World on DVD

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 13 2011, 06:16 PM
I was so shocked that I did a double take when I saw this on TV Shows on DVD. Awesome news!

When will these be available to buy?
Starting tomorrow I believe.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

BradyB
Oct 13 2011, 06:24 PM
THis is great news. I hope they do other shows as well. Id love to have Days and Another World on DVD
If these sell, the sky's the limit.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Hey Roger, the link you provided to order doesn't work :(

P.s. Forgot to say, TOTALLY awesome! (May have to buy it - gotta see how much I have in my budget)! :)
Edited by Ally, Oct 13 2011, 06:49 PM.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

There's a note that the website will be up later tonight. :)

I can now reveal the 20 episodes.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/atwt20eps.html

Keep in mind, this was a broad sampling of the 31 years we had available to feature as many people as possible.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

OMG These sound fantastic!!

~bl~
Member Avatar

I hope it has a full episode listing...are these just episodes or are there special features too?

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

~bl~
Oct 13 2011, 07:34 PM
I hope it has a full episode listing...are these just episodes or are there special features too?
Just episodes this time around. I'll go into the actual process more later but it's pretty time consuming to go from these giant master tapes to digital. So it was 20 full episodes for this release in time for Christmas. If it sells well, I'd love to see storyline edits and other things, but that's not my call.

KMan101
Member Avatar

This is fantastic! Such a step in the right direction! I'm really happy. I wasn't much of a fan of ATWT over it's last few years (it always seemed like wasted potential to me, so much history to mine that was being ignored) but the show's always interested me and one of the few I was never 100% familiar with in terms of it's vast history, though I have since read up on nearly all of it.

I wonder if an online network like Prospect Park had been around in '09 or '10, P&G would have licensed the rights to continue both GL and ATWT. Guess we will never know. Don't know why they still couldn't but it's probably been too much time.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm very happy with the episode choices, with the exception of maybe one or two.

I wish Katie's downfall at the Endicott awards was included. That was such a great episode.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I'm typing up a first interview with the SoapClassics president that will hopefully explain a lot more and answer questions about future plans for the P&G soaps. I seriously need an intern to transcribe these things! :)

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

What is "Humiliation"?

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mason
Oct 13 2011, 08:08 PM
I'm very happy with the episode choices, with the exception of maybe one or two.

I wish Katie's downfall at the Endicott awards was included. That was such a great episode.

Or Katie & Simon captive in Malta, the Kingsley-Malta jet crash or aftermath (I remember being so captivated as they waited at the airport to see who the two survivors were pulled out on stretcher), the revelation of Kim's stalker.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

I just had a small orgasm! Is that bad???

Mason
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 13 2011, 09:02 PM
What is "Humiliation"?
I think that might be John dumping Lisa at their engagement party. I hope it is!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

NavJLee8785
Oct 13 2011, 09:19 PM
I just had a small orgasm! Is that bad???
No, because I'm just now seeing this and I honest to gosh just screamed in my apartment. I WILL own these. There is no "I'm thinking about it." I WILL own these and ANY OTHER sets P&G puts out. I would LOVE for them to do a boxed set assortment of episodes from older and rare P&G series that they might have hidden away (Somerset, Lovers & Friends, For Richer, For Poorer immediately spring to mind).

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 13 2011, 09:46 PM
Drew
Oct 13 2011, 09:02 PM
What is "Humiliation"?
I think that might be John dumping Lisa at their engagement party. I hope it is!
Yes! I had actually picked a different Lisa episode originally but we had a gap in the mid-90s and (even though most of us weren't enjoying the show during that time), we felt we needed to include some of the characters in that episode that weren't seen elsewhere. Plus, Lisa and John were great.

The 1979 one features Peter Simon's Ian but is also a lot about Lisa and Grant Colman.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply