Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
20 Classic ATWT Episodes Now on DVD; Update: ATWT Christmas Set Now Available (11/22)
Topic Started: Oct 13 2011, 06:13 PM (5,321 Views)
Mason

This is so exciting! I hope it sells well enough that we can get more of these out. I would die to see episodes of Harding Lemay's AW and the Dobsons' and Pam Long's GL. And, like Matt, I'd also love to see Somerset.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This is awesome! If I ever have an extra $20, I would definitely consider buying the DVD set. I hope it does do well, so others can be produced, particularly AW.

I hope we get to see DAYS do this one day.

lysie
Member Avatar

I know nothing about ATWT, but I'm really excited about this. I hope this opens the door for more soaps to do the same.

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm waiting for the website to launch before I get too excited about this, these sorts of online sales direct from the manufacturer are typically unfriendly for non-US buyers. Either ridiculous shipping charges, or crazy exchange rates. Hopefully it works out, I'm definitely interested.
Edited by Drew, Oct 13 2011, 11:32 PM.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

More We Love Soaps exclusives on this... (FYI: This is a good company who knows what they're doing)

First interview with SoapClassics.com President Mark Yates (tons revealed)
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/soapclassicscom.html

SoapClassics.com To Launch Online Streaming Site With AS THE WORLD TURNS In First Quarter 2012, GUIDING LIGHT Likely Next http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/soapclassicsstreaming.html

Classic Soap Opera GUIDING LIGHT Next to be Released on DVD; SEARCH FOR TOMORROW, ANOTHER WORLD, THE EDGE OF NIGHT & TEXAS May Follow http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/10/gldvd.html

Drew
Member Avatar

Hopefully they're also available for streaming in Canada.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 13 2011, 11:59 PM
Hopefully they're also available for streaming in Canada.
Drew, I'll get you that answer tomorrow. They are working late to get the website up.

blueskies
Member Avatar

awesome :) I never watched ATWT, but it is a nice step towards others on DVD, hopefully! Maybe they'll even do "Ryan's Hope" and then my mother will watch soaps for the first time since it ended :)

& of course for me, I'd like DOOL & Passions. Then again, most of Passions is on youtube/other websites right now...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And the website is now LIVE!

http://soapclassics.com

lene
Member Avatar

Great news for ATWT fans. I hope they do this for other soaps too. :)

Mason

I've got mine ordered! Between the DVDs and the plans for streaming, it's like Christmas for this soap fan.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

I'm in!

I hope we see Kim's Stalker SL released soon.

Marlene

What wonderful news. While I can only recall watching ATWT on occasion with my grandmother when I was very young, I know the show has a large following who will be beating the doors down for this.

Personally, of the shows mentioned, I'm looking forward to AW

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

WTGH
Oct 14 2011, 11:03 AM
I'm in!

I hope we see Kim's Stalker SL released soon.
I really wanted to work that in but wasn't able to for this set. There is a brief flashback of it during one of the episodes, I think the 30th anniversary one.

Clips are up on the website now. I tried to choose a variety of 2-3 minute clips. For Tom and Margo's wedding, I chose a funny bit when everyone arrived versus the actual ceremony. Hope everyone enjoys. You can order by phone or online as of now.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Okay, I'm definitely buying this set now after seeing the episode listings! I'll seriously be in heaven if they release some really old DAYS or AMC episodes in a beautiful collection like this. If DAYS does indeed have their entire broadcast history saved, they should definitely do it. I would love to see storyline's such as Marlena's introduction, the Bill/Mickey/Laura triangle, the love story between Doug and Julie, and everything else from that time frame that seems to be absent from the online DVD sellers.

Checkers
Member Avatar

This is great. I hope the DVD sells really well so other soaps will be inclined to do this as well.

Checkers
Member Avatar

The website looks great!

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I saw "BREAKING NEWS" and my heart skipped a beat -- when was the last time that breaking news was good in the soap world? This is fantastic.
Edited by granolagirl, Oct 14 2011, 07:18 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I've ordered mine as well :D

Looking forward to Guiding Light as well! (but can we pretend the 00s are lost?)

Mason

Drew
Oct 15 2011, 12:13 AM
Looking forward to Guiding Light as well! (but can we pretend the 00s are lost?)
LoL, agreed.

I'd love to see any of the following on a GL release:

Roger stalking Holly, Blake, Ed and kidnapping Rita at the carnival
Ed rescuing Holly from Roger in Santo Domingo
Quint & Nola’s engagement party
Quint & Nola’s wedding
Phillip learns his real paternity
Josh & Reva’s first wedding
Roger returns at Phillip & Blake’s wedding
Alexandra humiliating Roger at the country club
Maureen discovers Ed & Lillian’s affair
Annie on the witness stand
Alan and Annie’s wedding

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply