Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
20 Classic ATWT Episodes Now on DVD; Update: ATWT Christmas Set Now Available (11/22)
Topic Started: Oct 13 2011, 06:13 PM (5,723 Views)
snowpeck

Which five episodes are missing the opening titles?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

snowpeck
Oct 22 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure. I bet someone here can tell you.

Matt, I see your point. I didn't actually know that was happening until it was done. I knew they were cutting commercials but it didn't occur to me to think about the "brought to you by" ones in the opening. I'll mention this next time around and let them know what happened in the past.

King
Member Avatar

I hope this happens for DAYS, PSNS, and SUN.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Am I daft, or does this site have no way to track orders? And did it not once have a login section?

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, jeez. After watching the 40th anniversary episode, I'm getting a much clearer picture of why ATWT in the mid 90s is so reviled. Thankfully I started watching in 1998 during the dream team that was Felicia Minei Behr and Lorraine Broderick and missed all of that.

The 30th anniversary, on the other hand, was nothing short of amazing.

RutherfordBHayes

I love the DVD set, but I just noticed a big error in the date of one of the episodes...The one in which John Dixon falls down the stairs is listed as being May 14, 1991, it should be May 14, 1981!

~bl~
Member Avatar

No it isn't you there is no way to track your order. I ordered mine slow shipping, which was media mail through the USPS, which is not tracked mail.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Got mine yesterday! About to watch the Anniversary disc...

Mason
Member Avatar

LMAO. I had forgotten about this exchange between Barbara and Susan on the 50th anniversary "Divas on a Bus" episode (which I actually think is better than the 40th anniversary ep, even if the setup is a little contrived).

Barbara: "Okay, I took an entire candy bar for myself! Lock me up and throw away the key!"

Susan: "We tried that already -- it didn't work!"

And I love the way Liz Hubbard pronounces Barbara's name by emphasizing each of the syllables ("Bar-bar-a!") in this episode.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 26 2011, 05:02 PM
LMAO. I had forgotten about this exchange between Barbara and Susan on the 50th anniversary "Divas on a Bus" episode (which I actually think is better than the 40th anniversary ep, even if the setup is a little contrived).

Barbara: "Okay, I took an entire candy bar for myself! Lock me up and throw away the key!"

Susan: "We tried that already -- it didn't work!"

And I love the way Liz Hubbard pronounces Barbara's name by emphasizing each of the syllables ("Bar-bar-a!") in this episode.
Eileen Fulton laughed about that bear so much in our interview.

"Honey, that bear came with its manager, with its assistant, with its special little treats, and in its own trailer!" she recalled. "Don Hastings said he wanted his own trailer."

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mine showed up today. :D

I'm watching the Steve and Betsy wedding, and wishing there was less of this and more of everything else - this priest is yammering on forever! It's like I'm at an actual wedding, oy!
Edited by Drew, Oct 27 2011, 07:08 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

snowpeck
Oct 22 2011, 04:30 PM
If it was due to commercials I'm guessing its the World Turns On and On openings. So far its been two 80s episodes I've seen that have had them cut.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Fashions!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I watched these wedding episodes out of order, and had no idea I was watching the fake Lisa in the Andropolous wedding episode. This woman is awful!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I would seriously love to rewatch the Marland and Sheffer/Culliton eras.

I'm having such great flashbacks watching the Boathouse episode.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

woohoo! Mine just came in the mail! I know what I'M doing this weekend. :cheer:

Mason
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed the John episode from 1981, but I thought the fall down the stairs was really poorly staged. I honestly thought to myself, 'That's it?'. I would have had John struggling with Margo over the ring at the top of the stairs and then have him fall backward, but oh well.

Also, Natalie seems like she was an excellent bitch.

Mason
Member Avatar

James's return episode (1986).....So. Damn. GOOD.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I received my set today too! We're having nasty weather tomorrow, so I can cocoon and watch all day without guilt, lol. Can't wait!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The lawyer who wont leave Frank Andropolous alone is so damned annoying!

I also did not like Meg Ryan or Betsy.
Edited by Drew, Oct 28 2011, 06:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply