Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anacostia Season 3; Guest Starring Martha Byrne
Topic Started: Nov 2 2011, 10:40 AM (728 Views)
RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Trailer has been released:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Z6i3vLSzo

Premieres on November 11, 2011
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tom

Wow... Martha Byrne drew me in, but the beginning to Season 3 was just gritty!
But how can I take this show seriously during such a gore scene that is interrupted by an upbeat, unfitting opening? Still, trying it out...

Tom

OK, have to add: There's not enough Martha! Like all the scenes with her, though.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Tom
Feb 10 2012, 11:27 PM
OK, have to add: There's not enough Martha! Like all the scenes with her, though.
She's a guest star but has been blended in nicely. Glad you checked out the show. It's one of those that has improved each season. What they're doing, producing these much longer episodes than most web series with no budget is pretty amazing. What I like most is that there's a solid plan with the writing. Whatever other issues, the writer knows where his story is going.

Tom

RogerNewcomb
Feb 12 2012, 10:28 AM
Tom
Feb 10 2012, 11:27 PM
She's a guest star but has been blended in nicely. Glad you checked out the show. It's one of those that has improved each season. What they're doing, producing these much longer episodes than most web series with no budget is pretty amazing. What I like most is that there's a solid plan with the writing. Whatever other issues, the writer knows where his story is going.
I did like the length of the episodes, but admittedly am spoiled by powerhouses like "Anyone But Me" (I'm assuming you're familiar with that one since 11 million people watch this lesbian series and you're very well knowledgeable of all the web shows.) ABM is a few minutes per episode and it's very well written and immediately draws you in and has awesome cliffhangers.

But, there are tradeoffs to everything in life. While ABM is short per episode and great for the working soap fan on the go, I'd imagine that the boxed set leaves much to be desired. If you get a whole season on DVD, and there are just seven or 10 episodes at five or 10 minutes apiece, at $20? Not worth it...

On the flip side, if the websoap, like Anacostia, makes full-length episodes at 30 minutes or an hour (closer to traditional television), it really draws you in, but it's not for the working person, but the boxed set is worth it! lol.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I recommend checking out the nominees of our Indie Soap Awards for best Drama and Comedy.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/12/indiesoapawards3.html

We've been been fans of ABM in the past, it may be our most awarded web series over the past three years.

Tom

Patrika DARBO is back in the picture?! OK, I have been out of the loop. She needs to come back to "Days." (After a bloodbath including people who don't need to be on that soap, that is.)

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Patrika will be at The ISAs next week. I'm excited to see her.

Another show I love is Thurston http://vimeo.com/36662602 It was back on Sunday with a new episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply